Sign in to follow this  
Gamedil2002

How do I create a internet server

How do I create a Internet server

I want to create a server for me and some friends to play on. So far the only server I have made only shows up in LAN and doesnt appear in Internet. I downloaded the dedicated server tool from steam and have no problem creating a offline server. I just want to know how to make it public?

To accomplish making your Wurm Dedicated server accessible to the internet you'll need to setup port forwarding on your router. The following ports you'll want to forward (by default) are:

• 3724 TCP
  • 27016 UDP

Unfortunately I can't offer more specific instructions without knowing the network router that your computer connects to.
You'll also want to make sure that your firewall that is installed on your computer is set to allow these ports outgoing:

• 3724 TCP/UDP
  • 3724 TCP
  • 27016-27030 UDP

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

This link tells you how to access your 'Network Box Advanced Interface':

https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/2810892?hl=en&ref_topic=6108126

Here you instructs you on how to setup port forwarding:

https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/2731877?hl=en&ref_topic=6108126

You'll need to make sure you configure port forwarding for the internal IP address that is assigned to your computer, or in this case it looks like this interface also accepts the hostname as well, which would be more ideal anyways.

I think I got it. Port forwarding was already enabled but I went set it up for my device (my computer) and set it so those specific ports were open on it. I also messed with a few other settings but I think those were the ones that made it work.

Excellent, glad to hear. Let me know if you run into any other problems.

i have a d-link router are the settings the same for that router ? have np getting my server on lan but it doesn't show in the public server list for anyone else trying to join it for some reason

You'll need to do the same thing, but how you go about it will be a bit different than how you would enable it on a Google fiber network box. You're going to connect to your d-link router through a web page to configure it. The address you'll connect to, in most cases, will be the default gateway that you're computer is configured to use. If you go to the start menu search for cmd, command prompt should come up as the first option. Select that, and in the command prompt type in ipconfig /all then look for the network adapter that you're currently using. Most likely the address is going to be something like 192.168.1.1, that is a common default gateway for most home routers. If you've never accessed this before the credentials will be the default, most likely, unless this router was supplied by your ISP, then in that case they could've configured it with a differetn password already. You can do a quick search to find the default user name and password for your particular router. Once into the web interface you'll want to look for something along the lines of port forwarding.

If you're still unsure about where to find the right configuration for your particular router, if you search for D-link model name router port forwarding, you'll more than likely find a step by step guide on how to accomplish this. Let me know if you run into any more issues.

Server External IP Address: 192.168.0.4

Server External IP Port: 3724

Server Internal IP Address: 192.168.0.4

Server Internal IP Port: 48010

--------------------------------------------------

Server crashes every time I try but, I cannot figure out right place to put which number:  (Thank you in advance)

Description

help.png
Outbound Port  to 
help.png
Format TCPUDPBoth
help.png
Inbound Port  to 

Edited by LadyChaos
more info

16 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

Server External IP Address: 192.168.0.4

Server External IP Port: 3724

Server Internal IP Address: 192.168.0.4

Server Internal IP Port: 48010

--------------------------------------------------

Server crashes every time I try but, I cannot figure out right place to put which number:  (Thank you in advance)

Description

help.png
Outbound Port  to 
help.png
Format TCPUDPBoth
help.png
Inbound Port  to 

if you have a Nvidia card , try changing port 48010 to 48011

if that does not work post all the java errors in wurm.log.0. or server.log if you are running a modded server.

my question is did it ever work?  my computer used to like to change IP address on me. so that would make it crash.   Be sure to that you have opened the port for steam to use.

This is from the first post.

To accomplish making your Wurm Dedicated server accessible to the internet you'll need to setup port forwarding on your router. The following ports you'll want to forward (by default) are:

• 3724 TCP
  • 27016 UDP    this one too

Unfortunately I can't offer more specific instructions without knowing the network router that your computer connects to.
You'll also want to make sure that your firewall that is installed on your computer is set to allow these ports outgoing:

• 3724 TCP/UDP
  • 3724 TCP
  • 27016-27030 UDP     you did not mention this one

Edited by Lolabelle
  • Like 1

Still crashing before the server even turns on, unless of course I start offline

I'm just using the numbers in the server set up window

I appreciate the help guys.

------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------

I changed the 4810 to 4811 on the server itself and stopped crashing but not finding it on list... doing some problem solving then ill report back ty for help again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Port Triggers

Description Outbound Port Type Inbound Port
  wurm2 3724-3724 Both 48010-48011
  wurm 48011-48011 Both 3724-3724
Edited by LadyChaos

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:14 PM, Lolabelle said:

my question is did it ever work?  my computer used to like to change IP address on me. so that would make it crash.   Be sure to that you have opened the port for steam to use.

This is from the first post.

• 3724 TCP
  • 27016 UDP    this one too

• 3724 TCP/UDP
  • 3724 TCP
  • 27016-27030 UDP     you did not mention this one

apologies for not understanding this info before. I am trying to set this up as you pointed out.

-----EDIT UPDATE----------------------

I've set up a static IP on my machine as well. With these settings it does not crash but it doesn't show up on server list >>>   [PvP] Entropy Rising

IP = 192.168.0.3

DNS = 24.56.178.101

Arris Router

Windows 10

http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm

Please let me know if need more info to help trouble shoot.

Port Triggers

Description Outbound Port Type Inbound Port
wurm2 3724-3724 Both 48010-48011
wurm 48011-48011 Both 3724-3724
steam 27016-27030 UDP 2716-2716
Edited by LadyChaos
update information

Ladychaos, Paste all the java errors from wurm.log.0 (in the servers maps folder) or server.log (in the root folder of the server) if you are running ago's modloader.

19 minutes ago, bigsteve said:

Ladychaos, Paste all the java errors from wurm.log.0 (in the servers maps folder) or server.log (in the root folder of the server) if you are running ago's modloader.

Jun 15, 2016 2:08:31 PM com.wurmonline.communication.SocketServer <init>
INFO: Creating Wurm SocketServer on /192.168.0.3:3724
Jun 15, 2016 2:08:31 PM com.wurmonline.server.Server startRunning
INFO: The Wurm Server is listening on ip 192.168.0.3 and port 3724. Min time between same ip connections=1000
Jun 15, 2016 2:08:31 PM com.wurmonline.server.Server startRunning

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jun 15, 2016 2:08:33 PM com.wurmonline.server.steam.SteamHandler onSteamConnected
INFO: Server connected to steam
Jun 15, 2016 2:08:43 PM com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures pollAllCreatures
INFO: bound must be positive
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bound must be positive
 at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
 at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Npc.getMoveTarget(Npc.java:741)
 at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creature.startPathing(Creature.java:10136)
 at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creature.checkMove(Creature.java:10354)
 at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creature.poll(Creature.java:5617)
 at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures.pollAllCreatures(Creatures.java:1745)
 at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.pollNextZones(Zones.java:1543)
 at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1812)
 at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Jun 15, 2016 2:10:43 PM com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController saveServerButtonClicked
INFO: saveServerButtonClicked javafx.event.ActionEvent[source=Button[id=saveServerButton, styleClass=button]'Save']
Jun 15, 2016 2:10:43 PM com.wurmonline.server.Servers registerServer
INFO: Registering server id: 14645, external IP: 192.168.0.3, name: Entropy North
Jun 15, 2016 2:10:43 PM com.wurmonline.server.Servers loadLoginServer
INFO: Loaded loginserver 11455
Jun 15, 2016 2:10:43 PM com.wurmonline.server.Servers loadAllServers
INFO: Loading all servers.
Jun 15, 2016 2:10:43 PM com.wurmonline.server.Servers loadAllServers
INFO: Loading [PvP]Entropy Rising - 11455
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: Failed to contact the login server  14645 Connection refused to host: 192.168.0.3; nested exception is:
 java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Jun 15, 2016 2:10:58 PM com.wurmonline.server.players.PlayerInfoFactory grabPlayerStates
WARNING: Failed to contact the login server. Please try later.
com.wurmonline.shared.exceptions.WurmServerException: Failed to contact the login server. Please try later.
 at com.wurmonline.server.LoginServerWebConnection.getPlayerStates(LoginServerWebConnection.java:566)
 at com.wurmonline.server.players.PlayerInfoFactory.getPlayerStates(PlayerInfoFactory.java:1320)
 at com.wurmonline.server.players.PlayerInfoFactory.grabPlayerStates(PlayerInfoFactory.java:1899)
 at com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry.setupPlayerStates(ServerEntry.java:608)
 at com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry.access$200(ServerEntry.java:56)
 at com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry$1.run(ServerEntry.java:446)