Sign in to follow this  
razoreqx

Ages of Urath

• New Modpack: Creatures. First of many new uplifts and new creatures to be added to Razors Edge. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
  • AI modification. Aggressive creatures with higher intelligence will call for help
  • Changed the aggressive to non aggressive creature percentage to all for more combat encounters throughout the map.
  • Increased the creature cap.
  • Event spawned mobs no longer count against the server creature cap. Event spawned creatures should no longer effect the other all count for creatures spawned in game.
  • Modified hooks for API - New API overhaul.

Thanks ago and Nobody for community projects!!  

• Like 2

After seeing all the new models and mods that were added, I had to come here and show off Razor's hard work!

Here's a peek at some of the new horse colors/breeds and even a Husky! 

I hear there's a ton of other new creatures roaming around, I just haven't had the chance to find them all yet!

674174BE0D151C4E9164A18A6CD1329C7B7E70C458A49B95BD28A13947119DD08C0AA8136B68A135

• Like 2

Patch: 12/9  

• In game live map added. 
  • New priest spells.
  • More creature models. 
  • 22 more random events added to the event MOD generator.
  • Removed Priest restrictions with extra features.   MOD.

Edited by razoreqx

On 10/28/2015 at 8:50 PM, HereticZero said:

Best Custom map I've found on WU.  I highly recommend.

Thanks Heretic! 

Hey quick question, how did you add new priest spells?

By the way, love the server!

• Like 1

Hi Jinxx 

Thanks.   Its a mod that we wrote that updates the DB by faith and applies the spell and effects.   We hope to do more with this mod than just adding spells but add more faiths.   Urath had 7 churches which still need added into the game with all the Gods and deities that go with each one to fit the story.   

Have fun with the project, as its easy when you have over 7 years of storyline already built by the players throughout the years.  

More to come! 

• Like 1

I have been playing on Razor's server for a couple of weeks now and I could not be more pleased.

The community is very friendly and no drama.  The admins are really helpful and extremely responsive.  Razor has a vision for this server which is hugely impressive and it is being realized with constant updates.  The custom maps are gorgeous.  It is a mixed server but the PvE and PvP are separate maps (2 so far, with many more to come I believe).

This thread gives you an idea of one of Razor's recent projects for his server (which he then shared with the WU community) http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/136217-released-live-map/&page=1

Totally worth your time to drop in and check us out.

Peri~

• Like 2

Had to stop in and say I'm having a great time here. I have played with Razor on his LiF server and its the same great community here. This server took me away from WO and into WU.

If yall are looking for a fun, friendly atmosphere with no drama then this is the place to be.

Rules are enforced, there isnt the corruption you see on other servers and drama/drama makers are dealt with quickly.

• Like 1

Test (just signed up, I HATE forums with a rating system, It wouldn't let me "like" anything...hoping it will let me post...

Yah...let me just say half the reason I quit my DEAD (literally) END JOB is because of Razor's Wonderful Server...I'm going to be pursuing my life long dream of being a Game Dev, and well...yes I AM kinda "using" him to build my rep but...well WHY NOT? Our goals are the same and...I LOVE his server, I LOVE his community, and I LOVE the fact that he's paying for people to make mods THEN GIVING THEM AWAY!!! (lil background on me: I was a Pro Java Coder for years and got shredded in the .com crash...then lived in the Woods for a couple years lol nlqp.com )

10/10 3 thumbs up, 5 stars...

Best.Server.Ever.

• Like 1

AND I personally think there's a reason it's "Razors Edge" I honestly think he's successfully balanced us "carebears" and the PvPers (I STILL intend to build my combat skills and attend any events he has on "the PvP side" of his server :-)

• Like 1

Patch 3.27.2016

All mods are repaired and up.

Added:
BoundyMod
Boatmod (effects speed)
BulkMod
ChestClaimMod (permissions fix for random spawn chests)
DigLikeMiningMod
LoadingUnchainedMod (distance increase to 12 tiles to transfer objects from one container to another)
ProspectMod

Edited by razoreqx

3.31.2016 Patch notes (special thanks to the authors of these mods)

Clay and Shards for concrete:
This mod provides options to change how concrete is made and used (well the limits on its use).
!NOTE! By default this mod makes a concrete be the same size as a basic rock shard. This a much larger than the original concrete. The effect of this is any existent concrete will (assuming you're using the default size) 1) be too small to use (outside of bsb stuff) although you can combine it, 2) a quantity in a bulk bin will be combined and effectively reduce the count.
1. Create concrete with clay + rock shards using the creation window or the right click menu. There are options to configure: shard weight required, clay weight required, finished concrete size, and finished concrete weight. Lye + mortar is removed.
2. Choose whether to use default slope application limits (pvp 1x mining skill, pve 3 x mining skill) or the option to customize these. Customization is specified with a function of mining skill times a configuration value.
3. Choose whether to use default water depth application limit of -25 or the options to customize it. Customization is specified with a function of mining skill times a configuration value.

BulkTransferMod Updated for support with 1.0.0.4
This mod removes many of the restriction related to loading/unloading items and it changes how you can interact with those items once they are loaded into something. Below the dotted line is the original post where I asked what folks may want.
:Required:
Ago's WurmServerModLauncher. https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases
WU 1.0.0.0 to WU 1.0.0.4
What type of things would like to do with loading but currently can't? When I refer to load I'm also talking about unloading. I treat them as the same.
My current list of things to make optional:
1. Deposit and remove items from a bsb and fsb when it's loaded into vehicle. DONE.
2. Make the load proximity requirement be configurable. It's possible to load anything you can target, so up to 39 some odd tiles away. DONE.
3. Use beds loaded into a vehicle. DONE
4. Configurable load durations time(instant to very long time). DONE.
5. Light or load hot furnace type furniture (forge, oven, etc). DONE
6. Load boats into anything that has enough space for it. Ship transports continue as usual and we'd have another transport option. DONE
7. Use various furniture items that are loaded into something. For example, use a loom to craft that is loaded into a wagon. DONE
8. Load bsb or fsb that contain items. load non-empty bins. DONE.
9. Remove restriction related to loaded large magic chests. DONE
10. Load things into a dragged vehicle in addition to a embarked vehicle. FUTURE TO DO.

Big Containers MOD
Big containers be-all-end-all is a mod to make containers hold a lot. It changes all non-liquid holding containers along with a couple larger liquid holders (tub, fountain) to hold a volume of 1,728,000. It does this by changing the inside x,y,z dimensions each to 120m. By comparison the unmodded Caravel has a inventory that is 30m x 60m x 60m and this gives a volume of 108,000. This mod makes many containers (and the Caravel itself) 16 times larger than the unmodded Caravel. This mod doesn't change crates in anyway.
1. removeOnePerTileLimits > This removes all one per tile limitations.
2. resizePelt > This resizes the pelt so it's the same size as a pumpkin. The game's graphic doesn't change.
3. makeItemsBulk > This changes a few items I want to go in bulk containers: felled tree, pelt, saddle, stone and marble keystone, all fish, fishing hooks, lines and gems. Note, the felled tree weighs 200 kgs and you need 31 bodystrength to remove it from a bin.
4. makeItemsCombine > This changes cochineal, woad and acorn so they can be combined.
5. removeInsideOutsideLimits > This removes all limits that require items to be inside or outside.

Quick question.

I understand skills are 5X, but what about characteristics. I didn't do a ton of grinding on your server last night but the grinding I did do felt like the characteristics did not match the 5X gain for skills.

Can you clarify for me? Thanks!

On 4/8/2016 at 8:00 PM, conmcb25 said:

Quick question.

I understand skills are 5X, but what about characteristics. I didn't do a ton of grinding on your server last night but the grinding I did do felt like the characteristics did not match the 5X gain for skills.

Can you clarify for me? Thanks!

The config is 5x 3x action.   Its not meant to be a grind but its also not a 90+ skill in all attributes in a month either.   We pride ourselves more on events and storyline than in the Wurm style build and grind.    We felt it appealed to both the traditional wurm player and the new comer.   Urath is over 10 years of stories and epic battles both player driven and GM events.   The plots are driven by the four churches, each with a GOD and various demi GODS under them.  

Future plans with a stable API release will add our ability to adding in our own backend servers which run code written in C++ to drive things like trade pacts, pirate encounters, upgraded graphics and new models.    Its a 2.5Gb expansion pack which will be delivered via a CDN system as to not impact the server as the modloader does today.  

Several of the planned graphic changes and new systems have been posted on our forums.

Below is a teaser of an earlier project we called the 5th age written using the Torque engine eight years ago.

http://razors-edge.enjin.com/gallery/m/30635478/album/238924

Some of you may have noticed I hired two new staff GM's.   Bonnie and Clyde.     I think they have already proven to be a great choice on my part and I hope you have noticed a difference too.  Since we're waiting on an API to really start adding the big content we have planned for Ages of Urath we wanted to increase the amount of storyline quests / events and make some fun encounters to stir things up a bit to keep things interesting.    I cant tell you how happy I am to have both of them!!  

Please treat them with the utmost respect as you have been towards me.   I think our community has been small but fantastic, and I love you all!  

Here is to having even more fun in the Ages of Urath Saga!  

Sincerely,

Razor.

NEWS:

Following recent queries relating to characteristics, we can announce that the following changes will take place:

Phase 1: Starter stat changes for new characters

Phase 2: Stat changes for players along the way.

We will commence with phase 2 once we have fully implemented and corrected it also for existing players.
You are asking what are the changes? Well here we go

Stat Changes Phase 1:
Each new player will now start with 23 skill for all his characteristics, with the exception of Mind logic which will commence at 30.
Existing players will need to post in this forum and we will ‘back date’ this change - your body control will receive +2, mind logic +5 and all other characteristics +3.

Stat Changes phase 2:

Unfortunately due to the way that Wurm Unlimited is coded, we can only change the skill gain but not the characteristics speed gain. In simple terms, Skill gain is at 5 speed, Characteristics skill gain is at 1 speed.
This leads to your characteristics skill lagging behind and the difference between skills and characteristics becomes larger as you become more skilled.

To compensate for this we will be introducing a Stat Perk systme. We are giving bonus stats to players when they achieve certain objectives. These are as follow:
- Raise a main skill to 50 - 1 bonus characteristic stat of your choice
- Raise your main skill to 70: gain another bonus characteristic stat of your choice
- Raise your main skill to 90: Gain another bonus characteristic stat of your choice

How to receive a bonus stat skill:
- When you reach the relevant skill level as per the above, you are required to post in ‘Player stat Forum’ (under the news section). You list the character and the skill in which you gained the benchmark.
- We request that you do not post where you require the bonus stat in. This is to protect people who wish to keep their character under wraps for pvp reasons.
- A GM will apply the bonus stat and confirm in the forum it has been completed.
Zaul has posted a template for you to use in the post below. Each character needs to make their own thread. Even alts need their own thread if they wish to receive stat perks.

Small Caveat:
You can only place bonus stat on a specific stat skill up to 60. At 60 we will no longer apply the bonus stat on that particular stat skill. You are still allowed to put it under other stat skills.
This cap is to prevent that no player is “distorted” within the world that if would affect other players negatively. Please keep in mind that normal skill gain still take place as well.
We trust that this change helps not only new players but also players who are ganing higher skill along the way and will also give us some variety in the way we build our characters.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:30 PM, razoreqx said:

NEWS:

Following recent queries relating to characteristics, we can announce that the following changes will take place:

Phase 1: Starter stat changes for new characters

Phase 2: Stat changes for players along the way.

We will commence with phase 2 once we have fully implemented and corrected it also for existing players.
You are asking what are the changes? Well here we go

Stat Changes Phase 1:
Each new player will now start with 23 skill for all his characteristics, with the exception of Mind logic which will commence at 30.
Existing players will need to post in this forum and we will ‘back date’ this change - your body control will receive +2, mind logic +5 and all other characteristics +3.

Stat Changes phase 2:

Unfortunately due to the way that Wurm Unlimited is coded, we can only change the skill gain but not the characteristics speed gain. In simple terms, Skill gain is at 5 speed, Characteristics skill gain is at 1 speed.
This leads to your characteristics skill lagging behind and the difference between skills and characteristics becomes larger as you become more skilled.

To compensate for this we will be introducing a Stat Perk systme. We are giving bonus stats to players when they achieve certain objectives. These are as follow:
- Raise a main skill to 50 - 1 bonus characteristic stat of your choice
- Raise your main skill to 70: gain another bonus characteristic stat of your choice
- Raise your main skill to 90: Gain another bonus characteristic stat of your choice

How to receive a bonus stat skill:
- When you reach the relevant skill level as per the above, you are required to post in ‘Player stat Forum’ (under the news section). You list the character and the skill in which you gained the benchmark.
- We request that you do not post where you require the bonus stat in. This is to protect people who wish to keep their character under wraps for pvp reasons.
- A GM will apply the bonus stat and confirm in the forum it has been completed.
Zaul has posted a template for you to use in the post below. Each character needs to make their own thread. Even alts need their own thread if they wish to receive stat perks.

Small Caveat:
You can only place bonus stat on a specific stat skill up to 60. At 60 we will no longer apply the bonus stat on that particular stat skill. You are still allowed to put it under other stat skills.
This cap is to prevent that no player is “distorted” within the world that if would affect other players negatively. Please keep in mind that normal skill gain still take place as well.
We trust that this change helps not only new players but also players who are ganing higher skill along the way and will also give us some variety in the way we build our characters.

I like this answer a lot better. :) I have already noticed a difference with the stat bump. Thanks!

• Like 1