Sign in to follow this  
razoreqx

Ages of Urath

Ages Of Urath

Closed to the public: Must apply for access.  

Apply on the website to get access.

Live Maps:

Irata

Laoks (Advanced PVE)

Featured on MMORPG

Stat Perk System (unique) Boosted Starting skills

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/430193/razors-edge-online-urath-online-saga

Home City

No pay-to-win

In game Live map HUD.

Mount Ticketing system: ADDED
Dungeon Exploration, Adventure Maps
Huge 4096 Maps Multiple Cluster servers.

Hunt of the Ancients(HotA)

Reduced Priest restrictions. 

In PVE priests can cast any spell.

5x Exp  5x Action Timers 5x combat 

In game map, New ships. 

Running Ago modloader

Support for Ago Client modloader

Event Timer Mod

No crop decay

Horse Names, ages, breeding

MOD spawned random Boss encounters, with multiple stages (event timers) 

New sound effects (complete overhaul) 

Only map displayed on PVE Main Cluster:  Live Map: 

Long time WO players. Very newbie friendly and helpful.

Search "Urath" on the server list and it'll come up every time [in response to servers disappearing randomly from list].

Vote for us at:

http://wurm-unlimited.com/server/1004/

:

z9gk2pu.png

Trade Packs: (Archeage Style)
A simple explanation of the trade system breaks it down into three steps. A player first crafts a trade pack using raw materials or goods harvested from the game world, then carries that pack across the game world before depositing it for a profit at a target destination.
The transportation process is not without its dangers, however, as trade packs reduce a player's movement speed and make him vulnerable to other players who may steal his goods. If a player is killed by a bandit or pirate, the trade pack is dropped and may be captured by the criminal, who may then deposit it themselves and usurp the profits.
These would be interactive boards (much like the village recruitment boards) where players can choose the pact runs they wish to carry out.

AI Pirate Ships:
I have sloop models completed but need the AI behind it. The goal of the encounters is to create more of a PVE and PVP fear at sea. Pirates would also tap into the routes frequently used by Trade Pacts.
Named captains.
Bounties (see below)

Bounties: ADDED
As pirates sink player ships the fleets of the Captain grow. Bounty boards would also be created much like the village recruitment boards and the reward would be based on the strength of the fleet as it grows.

Mount Ticketing system: ADDED
Player made Harbormasters that can exchange a mount for a ticket which can be loaded into a cargo hold of a ship. The weight of the ticket would reflect the weight of the animal. Tickets can then be unloaded and activated to spawn the original animal without the use of the harbormaster. No more Lead ropes on ships!

Revamp Player Economy Money system.

Foreign currency for reach realm. Web based currency exchange rate.

Investments in business. Stock market.

Kingdom and Realm Hierarchy
Titles & Nobility
Voting & political system (PVE areas only)

Realm vs Realm System
The map is broken into 16 4096 maps with 36 fortresses. Keep defenses are rebuilt / repaired / NPC defended based on the success or failures of pact runs for each of those Realms. This encourages Realm owners to promote pact runs.
Realm perks for capture of each keep.

Complete MOD list

Annoucer MOD
Server greeting for each player which displays on the screen in and in the event log as they join the server

Event MOD
Custom Boss and minion generator for re spawning events. This will soon incorporate NPC movement, schedules, quest offerings in the future.

Bagofholding MOD
A spell a priest can cast to increase the storage capacity on a container.

Betterdig MOD
Changes dirt from digging/flattening/leveling to drop on the ground instead of going to the inventory of the player.
Allows dirt from digging/flattening/leveling/dredging to go into a vehicle being dragged or ridden. If there are crates in it's cargo - it can automatically go into those.
Uses dirt from the ground, a vehicle and even crates inside the vehicle when leveling.
Allows overriding which actions can be performed from a mount or vehicle.
Allows overriding amount of clay dug per action.
Almost everything is configurable.

Biggerhouses MOD
Allows larger floor plans by increasing carpenter skill when laying out a floor plan for a building beyond the limit of 99 skill level. (only temporary math calculation change to skill level)

Chestclaim MOD
Allows players to "claim" random treasure chests, unlocking the chest and rewarding the players with some karma

CreatureAge MOD
Slows down the aging process of bred animals.

Creature MOD
New types of creatures and various new types and looks to some creatures in the game.

Crop MOD
Prevents crops from turning to weeds.

FixGuards MOD
Fixes villages spawning infinite number of templars due to a database error

HarvestHelper MOD
The command /season tells you what is in season and time to other seasons in real days.

Hitching Post MOD
Allows you to hitch mounts to a post to prevent them from roaming off.

InBreedWarning MOD

Meditation MOD
Enables guaranteed skill success (no more "You fail to relax" or not getting a path question you qualify for)
No delay between first 5 skill gains of the day
No difference in delay requirements after the first 5 meditations (if the above setting is on, there's no delay requirements for meditation skill gain at all, if it's off, always 30 minutes between meditation skill gains, never 3 hours)
Disable distance requirements for meditation skill gains (No more need to move 11 tiles for skillgain)
A configurable multiplier for path question cooldowns. This can be set to half to cut these delays in half, set to 0 to disable them entirely, the choice is yours.
Specify custom action duration for meditation
(NEW) Configure the delay before joining a new path after leaving an old one
(NEW) Now imposes a configurable maximum level a player may reach in any path

Movement MOD
Allows server admins to tweak many things related to movement of players, mounts and vehicles

Speeds
Weight limits for players
Min/Max heights, depths and slopes
Wind impact for boats
Loading ranges
Required skills

Prospct MOD
Prospecting cave floors provides the same information as prospecting a rock tile on the surface above (i.e. detect nearby ore veins)

QualityDamageToolTip MOD
Gives you a hover ability to see Ql and damage, from a distance, to any object in the game without doing an inspect command

Sacrifice MOD
Adds a configurable chance for a rare item to award a bone of the same rarity, instead of the usual benefits

Salve MOD
Adds "power - " to the beginning of newly made healing cover names, so you no longer have to figure it out in your head.

Spell MOD
SpellMod: a mod that makes all spells available and removes many priest restrictions to make playing a priest with only one character more enjoyable.
Allows all spells to be cast by any priest on PVE cluster only.
increase spell timers, removes penalties for offending actions by your deity.
Settings:
removePriestRestrictions=true
allowAllSpells=true
unlimitedPrayers=true
noPrayerDelay=true
favorLimit=99

StableMaster MOD
Any animal that can be led can be exchanged into a ticket to load into a cargo ship or cart for easier travel, especially to other cluster maps within the world of Urath.
See patch notes and video tutorial on using this NPC.

TimerFix MOD
fixes action timers in the game for various functions.

LiveMap MOD
An in game mini map that shows objects, terrain, around you as you move about the map. Menu / Live map toggles this feature on an off.

Better Sound FX MOD
Over 100 new types of the sound FX have been done by me to give you a better submersion experience in the game. More updates to the sound file as i get time.

ClusterTalk MOD
Better communication between cluster servers and login server.

RMITool MOD
Custom tool for Server wrapper to check server health, and reboot the server during maintenance windows.

Ago Server Modlauncher v.20
This allows the mods to work and communicate with each other.

Bulk Items Separated MOD
Mod that allows you to use one BSB for any quality material. It separates items stored based on items QL, so you would have e.g. 10 stacks of iron lumps in ranges 0-10, 10-20, 20-30, etc up to 90QL. After 90QL each QL unit gets its own stack.
There is an option to revert the mod functionality, by simply blessing BSB. Don't forget to rename your blessed BSB, however, since blessing is not visible on "Examine"!

Bounty MOD
You recieve bounties for killed creatures, when you bury them. Harder the creature, better the bounty!

Decay tick MOD
This is one of several bandaids mods that we run. Wood scraps, rock shards, dirts and logs left on ground off-deed would be rmoved on first damage increase.

Tweaks MOD
Sets number of sleeping powders on every trader to 9.

Domestics replacement MOD
This is one of several bandaids mods that we run. Most of domestic spawns are replaced by hostile creatures, so it is harder to find a horse or a ram, but easier to find an adventure.

Kingdom stuff MOD
Mod that adds every single kingdom item available to list of craftable items. Tabards and towers are not craftable yet!

Event & Loot MOD
Adds various non-craftable loot items to creatures killed. During events,adds higher chance of dropping specific items from specific kills.

Nofogspiders MOD
This is one of several bandaids mods that we run. Removes fog spider event from game, because said event drastically affects server performance.

Dead Shoulders MOD
Adds rift shoulderpads to riftcreatures loot table. You can even get rare,supreme or fantastic shoulderpad if you're lucky!

Dead critters MOD
Adds progressively increasing chance for every creature to die, starting from "Old" age. Cared, bred, unique and champion creatures are not affected.

Edited by razoreqx
  • Like 6

Thanks for putting the map up.  Thanks to Edwin for the hard work he put in on it!! 

• Like 1

Hi Razoreqx,

This seems like serious stuff. This could well revive my interest for MMO :)

Still, i would like to validate with you if this server would suit me.

1) I never played WURM before but it seems to have an amazing potential in terms of player defining the world and creating an immersive game. I haven't played any MMO for years (I don't really like the grinding for more power to be able to grind some more, waiting for mob spawning/cooldown to refresh orientation all MMO seems to be based on nowaday. It seems like getting more power is the main, if not the sole, purpose of all MMO now. Of course, getting better at your skilll and unlocking new capability is fun stuff, but a MMO can be so much more). I'm more in for roleplaying and interacting with players in order to create a rich and immersive game where the interaction of players within the community are not driven solely by their quest for power (e.g. creating/ participating in event that maybe some player initiative like creating a market space where some volunteer players could play the role of entertainers for some time or creating a football tournament using the ingame mechanics). Last MMO I really enjoyed was a private server of Ultima online (Yeah, eons ago) where emphasis was on player roleplaying and politics. So, what kind of community do wish to create?

2) Also, I have a job, a family and a life. So I cannot afford to play more than 5 to 10 hours a week top. Is this the kind of a game/world you can't get anywhere with that kind of time investement?

3) Is there any fee (or pay to win mechanics) to participate in your world?

So do you think I would fit into your world?

Thanks a lot for the time and effort you put into this project of yours.

• Like 1

Hi Razoreqx,

This seems like serious stuff. This could well revive my interest for MMO :)

Still, i would like to validate with you if this server would suit me.

1) I never played WURM before but it seems to have an amazing potential in terms of player defining the world and creating an immersive game. I haven't played any MMO for years (I don't really like the grinding for more power to be able to grind some more, waiting for mob spawning/cooldown to refresh orientation all MMO seems to be based on nowaday. It seems like getting more power is the main, if not the sole, purpose of all MMO now. Of course, getting better at your skilll and unlocking new capability is fun stuff, but a MMO can be so much more). I'm more in for roleplaying and interacting with players in order to create a rich and immersive game where the interaction of players within the community are not driven solely by their quest for power (e.g. creating/ participating in event that maybe some player initiative like creating a market space where some volunteer players could play the role of entertainers for some time or creating a football tournament using the ingame mechanics). Last MMO I really enjoyed was a private server of Ultima online (Yeah, eons ago) where emphasis was on player roleplaying and politics. So, what kind of community do wish to create?

2) Also, I have a job, a family and a life. So I cannot afford to play more than 5 to 10 hours a week top. Is this the kind of a game/world you can't get anywhere with that kind of time investement?

3) Is there any fee (or pay to win mechanics) to participate in your world?

So do you think I would fit into your world?

Thanks a lot for the time and effort you put into this project of yours.

Razors Edge persistent worlds have always been about having fun & never a fee!! I dont charge for having fun.  You already bought the game, and pay for your internet.   Thats fee enough :)

As far as gameplay.  You can take it as far as you want, from being a hermit all to yourself or as far as an elected king of a realm.    From the top of my head not looking at the project and suggestion list:

1. Trade Pact routes will allow you to interact with an NPC who gives you a list of supply (some they give you, or some you have to harvest or craft) runs for a given kingdom.   The farther more dangerous the route the more the reward.  Rewards can be various currency in that kingdom (which plays into a planned currency exchange rate.. ie like a market game as well) to resources, gear, or karma.  

2. The PVP areas have realm control.  If its domination and fighting these will be the areas you spend most of your time.   

3. Farmers and crafters can benefit from supporting the war effort by supplying these areas with goods.   That could come as a risk too if the customer wants it delivered.  

4. NPC pirate encounters.  Its not just players you have to worry about in the open sea maps.  We're adding connected ocean maps which connect land masses.   This not only simulates distance traveled, but gives you a fighting chance of actually getting from a PVE area to a PVP area and back without being engaged in combat.   

5. ticket system for mounts.   Im working on stables that exchange your mount or herd (cattle, horses, etc) into tickets which can then be loaded onto large ships.  The ticket weight will be appropriate for the animals original weight.  Once you reach your destination you can easily activate the ticket and restore the animal to its normal state.    This is something I wanted in WO for a long time. 

6. a Google Earth real time event map.   The map will actually update Deeds and structures from the DB and put names on the map.  Im also looking at adding a command window for what I call "contact reports" where you can mark the map of recent sightings of PVP activity.   NPC encounters will have a percentage based on the amount of activity of automatically updating the map with a "shaded" area display.   Other things like vendors, shrines, and NPC quest areas will also update on the map. 

I'll update the thread as I think of more projects we're either working on or throwing around.  

1. Will there be events yes.  Both player ( we encourage) drive, and GM events.

2. Will there be a storyline and history.   Absolutely.  Both player made stores and history, and server events.   Do you have to be aware or part of it to play?   Nope.  

Thanks for your interest and comments.   I hope this answers your own question 

PS.  I loved UO and i turn 49 on Friday!  Old gamer and proud of it!       

Edited by razoreqx
  • Like 1

I think I see the picture now. Now I need to taste it :).

Thanks a lot, happy birthday and see you online!

Edited by benz
  • Like 1

Omg Razor is so old. Thankfully that means he'll have to retire soon and work on Wurm full time. Lol

• Like 1

Upcoming event Nov 14.  All day event.   Hoards of Rathe.    Defeat the army of undead and conquer the keep. 

1. Dungeon crawl

2. Keep siege.

All players welcome. 

See forums for details.

• Like 1

Very good server, stability, map, skill-gain adjustments, GM responsiveness, and community. . .really good all-around.

And Razor has a Goatee like me. . .but fuller, which makes me jealous.

Edited by Cik
  • Like 2

Hoards of Goblin King Rathe are advancing on Razors Edge.  Tensions are high. 

My oh My he's just a youngster :)

In reply to HereticZero comment sorry can't get the reply and quote to work.

Excellent map,server,and players.

Edited by kiwiitis
  • Like 1

The event so far has been awesome. Getting actual loot drops, while its rare, is very cool and makes combat more fulfilling.

• Like 1

LOVE this server. 

The GMs/Devs have done an incredible job making the map. The trees are all regional and there are unique landmarks throughout the landscape. 

While it's a beautifully made server, it's also a server that caters wonderfully to its players. GMs are very active and VERY helpful. The owner is always asking our opinions and updating the server's forum with new mods/features soon to come. I'm really excited to see all the new content that's going to be added. 

I played WO for a few years but had to leave due to time constraints - I felt that I couldn't keep up or get anything done with the grind, but on Razor's Edge, the skilling is bumped up a little bit, just enough so that the game is playable again for people like me. It isn't enough to make things easy (at all) but it's just enough to make me feel as though I'm actually getting somewhere with my skills. 

I really recommend this server for old WO players or even players new to Wurm. It's reignited my Wurm flame and I'm excited for its future! 

~Cara

• Like 3

Sanfrid is right. Skill gain isn't crazy fast like other servers. That's good. Still faster then WO which is what I'm used to. I've also tried servers were creature spawn was out of control. That isn't the case on Razors Edge. There are dangers that lurk in the forests, but now so much that you cannot go anywhere.

This weekend the server will be having some player ran events. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There are already GM run events taking place. There are community projects. I think the next one is trade posts. It's still the best WU server I've tried and I've popped on to a few of them. :)

• Like 1

Incredibly friendly server, I popped in the other day and I already feel like I've been enslaved by assimilated in to the community. :)

Razor & his GM's seem to have a real knack for keeping good gameplay a priority. I'll probably be here a while. ^^

• Like 2

Having a blast here.  Good community, and a really good admin staff here, with lots of planned features.  Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good server, especially people who want to settle in and stay a while.

Edited by Winter
  • Like 1

Love this game! Spent 4 and 1/2 years on Wurm Online (still play) and now this. Great people, fun events and very happy with server! GM's have been awesome and seems that a lot of good things will be added in the future. Having a ball...  When you get on to play at 5 pm and then realize it is 2 in the morning, you are hooked. LOL

• Like 2

Here's my experience with this server.  (Put into segments so you can easily skim to what you're interested in!) 

-The server owner, Razor, is an absolute pleasure to be around.  He's professional while still being involved with his players and the game itself.  You can really tell how much heart he's put into the game.  He organizes events, listens to player feedback, and really gives his all.  His team of CA's and GM's help newer players get integrated into the game world, and they help to set up initial connections for player interactions through events.  (Example: A goblin party raiding the countryside makes the players in the area search out a weaponsmith to arm themselves)

-The community is incredibly friendly.  It has a nice mix of younger (late 20's) and older (50's) players, all of whom are welcoming, and passionate about Wurm.

-The map is gorgeous.  A true accomplishment.  It's mix of waterways, oceans, and land-masses makes it a challenge to explore, which makes conquering the land even more of an accomplishment.  There's no greater feeling than walking into a dark forest, and turning it into a trader's paradise.

~Will update my review soon!~

• Like 3

A quick review based on a 6 hour visit.

A nice community of players, very welcoming, even to my usual ironic sense of humour, staff likewise were engaged and happily answered any queries by other new players to the server, and to Wurm.

CA was well staffed, but not utilised a lot, mostly due to questions being asked and answered in chat very readily, and accurately. Perhaps also due to the fact that CA does not open automatically in WU, so maybe no one knows it's there unless they are in the habit of using it or helping out.

I basically grabbed the nearest wild horse and galloped off to the White Light to follow Magranon, as is my habit, and explore, again, a long established habit, it's a very endearing server, plenty of water for the sailors, plenty of land for the walkers and riders, hunting seems excellent from my 6 hour wanderings, ores are present in quantity and variety, and not particularly inaccessible, other resources such as sand, and clay are widely available, not just confined to coastal regions, but also in inland patches, but not huge clumps, more carefully considered spots of a few tiles here and there.

For those who like engaging in community construction projects, there are those, events such as zombie invasions and the like also occur, with other hints of further intriguing developments, by way of mods and tweaks, even a rework of the sounds is under way.

Other mods are being planned and worked on by some of the players and staff, although I won't tell you exactly what, they are both utility mods, and artistic ones, enhancing not just how the game works, but how it looks as well, with new objects and contrivances to come.

All in all, I had a great time, and thank the players and the team for the chance to review a fine server, full of promise.

It's certainly one of my favourites, and will absolutely be one I return to.

Thanks go to the players and staff there, without you it would have been a lot less fun.

Totally recommend a visit, and if you find what I found, perhaps a place to call a home from home.

: Nearly forgot, the live map impressed me, the ability to actually see changes I made appear on the map was awesome, allowed me to find my tent after I dropped it near a peat patch in a forest, without the live map I'd have never have found it. An excellent addition to an already excellent server.

Edited by Zenity
Additional info.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zenity said:

A quick review based on a 6 hour visit.

A nice community of players, very welcoming, even to my usual ironic sense of humour, staff likewise were engaged and happily answered any queries by other new players to the server, and to Wurm.

CA was well staffed, but not utilised a lot, mostly due to questions being asked and answered in chat very readily, and accurately. Perhaps also due to the fact that CA does not open automatically in WU, so maybe no one knows it's there unless they are in the habit of using it or helping out.

I basically grabbed the nearest wild horse and galloped off to the White Light to follow Magranon, as is my habit, and explore, again, a long established habit, it's a very endearing server, plenty of water for the sailors, plenty of land for the walkers and riders, hunting seems excellent from my 6 hour wanderings, ores are present in quantity and variety, and not particularly inaccessible, other resources such as sand, and clay are widely available, not just confined to coastal regions, but also in inland patches, but not huge clumps, more carefully considered spots of a few tiles here and there.

For those who like engaging in community construction projects, there are those, events such as zombie invasions and the like also occur, with other hints of further intriguing developments, by way of mods and tweaks, even a rework of the sounds is under way.

Other mods are being planned and worked on by some of the players and staff, although I won't tell you exactly what, they are both utility mods, and artistic ones, enhancing not just how the game works, but how it looks as well, with new objects and contrivances to come.

All in all, I had a great time, and thank the players and the team for the chance to review a fine server, full of promise.

It's certainly one of my favourites, and will absolutely be one I return to.

Thanks go to the players and staff there, without you it would have been a lot less fun.

Totally recommend a visit, and if you find what I found, perhaps a place to call a home from home.

Thanks for the fair review of our server.   We hope you find your way back to our community or at least drop in and visit.   Loved the "Ironic sense of humor" :) 

Hope you try all the servers out there.    I know personally there are some great hosts, as I chat with other admins in the mod section.  They all have  great ideas.   I love this community and really want to attract more players and get them on servers that meet their individual play styles on this hidden gem called Wurm!!  

Jim 

• Like 1