Sign in to follow this  
Merc

All animals turning young

I am having an issue with my server where all mobs on the server turn young. We had an aged horse in a pen last night and I looked at it today and it's young. Along with every mob in the area.

I suspect that it might be related to server restarts but I'll need to do further testing to confirm. Has anyone else run into this issue?

EDIT: I can confirm this happens after a server restart. Is this a known issue?

Edited by Merc

My server is also experiencing this. I don't think I've run into a single mob that wasn't young. I am running a custom map if that means anything.

Merc, when you set up your custom map do you remember if you copied the Adventure or Creative folder? I was reading around in http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133174-animal-age-help/ and according to the thread Adventure creatures start out or are always young. I seem to remember copying the Adventure folder (because I had trouble starting my server as Creative) so that might have something to do with it. Just a thought.

I used the creative folder and I rebuilt the DB before starting anything ingame on the map.

I think I fixed the animals on my server. I backed up my old wurmcreatures.db and wurmcreatures.sql, deleted them then copied over the Creative folder's default wurmcreatures files. I lost all of my animals but they're at least spawning random ages now. I verified this because the nearby bear den was spawning aged raging brown bears instead of the previous young only raging brown bears. I have restarted the server a few times and they did not revert back to young.

I think I fixed the animals on my server. I backed up my old wurmcreatures.db and wurmcreatures.sql, deleted them then copied over the Creative folder's default wurmcreatures files. I lost all of my animals but they're at least spawning random ages now. I verified this because the nearby bear den was spawning aged raging brown bears instead of the previous young only raging brown bears. I have restarted the server a few times and they did not revert back to young.

Did this really fix your animals? Not the ones from the den, but the ones roaming outside? The den looks like a new creatures generator, you removed the ones already spawned, probably broken by a server restart, so now it generated new one properly.

What people have noticed above looks like a bug where the server does not let creatures grow, or forces them to be young again upon restart.

From what I understand, the wurmcreatures.db contains the animals already spawned. I checked the contents and don't see much differences between the one I have in my Adventure/sqlite folder and the one in AdventureCopy (from a few days ago, with at least a couple of wurm weeks passed since). It has a table called CREATURES with a column called AGE (it looks like the age in days). Anyway, in both dbs I have about 7500 creatures, with almost the same amount, around 6520, aged 1, plus minus my kills. I am afraid just copying the other .db won't fix things.

I finally found an animal in the wild that wasn't young, a mature horse. A few server restarts later (I switch off my SP Adventure dedicated server when I am not playing), and she is still mature. So animals turning to young is not a systematic issue with the server.