Sign in to follow this  
Llurendt

Avuzent [PvE/PvP/RP-Survival-USWest]

Welcome to Avuzent!

PvE Server Map: http://avuzent.com/WurmUnlimited/server-maps/
PvP Server Maps:

Adventure Server Map: Not yet implemented.

Chat/Voice Comms: https://discord.gg/
Steam Group: Avuzo Entertainment
Vote Here: http://wurm-unlimited.com/server/5/

Staff:

• Owner/Admin: Llurendt
  • Co-Admin: Remeliss
  • Moderators (Minor admins, basically mute/kick if needed):
    • Aedon
    • Wrigley
  • Community Manager:
    • We need one! Responsibilities will include updating the various threads and helping to greet new players to the server and get them settled in. PM me if interested either here or on steam.

Server Rules:

Spoiler
  • General Rules:
    • Respect other players.
      • Basically just use common sense... don't verbally attack one another and treat one another and their possessions with respect.
    • Respect the ruling of the admins and staff.
      • If you disagree with a decision, you can message that particular admin in private (on the forums if need be) to discuss the decision. If you still disagree, take it to the next admin up. Make sure to use respectful language if you wish to be heard and considered.
    • Absolutely no hacking.
      • Multiboxing is fine, but do NOT under any circumstances modify your client to gain an advantage. If you have any specific questions, please contact me.
  • PvP-Specific Rules:
    • Raiding of settlements (breaking a minimal number of walls to access stored resources) is perfectly allowed on ANY of the PvP servers.
      • There are plenty of ways to defend yourself and your things. If you need help, just ask!
    • PvP Home Servers:
      • Razing a settlement to the ground is fine on the main island, but on the home servers, it requires specific protocols.
        • If both sides agree to an all-out war, please involve an admin so we can be aware that both sides are willing to have their settlements destroyed during the course of the war.
      • Raiding (breaking a minimal number of walls to access stored resources) is still acceptable and even encouraged against other home servers.
    • Basically, just don't be a jerk. We all know when we cross the line, so please remember to be respectful of people and their property.
      • KOS is fine for the areas near your settlement, but if you have a real problem with someone, please involve the admins before it becomes too troublesome. We are here to create a fun and engaging environment and will assist you in the settlement of disputes if need be.

Current Features:

Spoiler
  • Faster skillgain (5x)
  • Faster Action Timers (3x)
  • Reasonable Farming Timers (4 hr. ticks)
  • Deeds:
    • Default Initial Purchase Values
    • Default Upkeep
  • Traders have plenty of money with which to buy things.
  • Priests are currently default.
  • Meditation is currently default.
  • Attentive and receptive admins.
  • Custom map generation
  • PvE World (Settlement still heavily under construction.)
    • Starter deeds (2 nearly connected deeds) with traders, public mines, nearby clay and tar, etc.
    • 40k Mobs, 30% Aggressive.
    • Default ore spawn values.
  • PvP World (Home servers not yet set up.)​
    • Single small PvE-only Zone to allow for cross-faction trading and a 'safe' landing point from the PvE server.
    • 40k Mobs, 40% Aggressive.
    • Default ore spawn values with a very small percentage to find adamantine and glimmersteel veins.
  • Full Map Dumps available for use in in-client maps.
  • Hourly Backups
  • Mods:
    • Stat Fix Mod - Ensures that characteristics level at the proper rate. (5x for us!)
    • Fixed Tree Growth - Saplings would disappear instead of growing. Patched in game!
    • Digging Like Mining - Drop dirt in piles when dug rather than into inventory.
    • Deed Mod(s)
      • 4 deeds per steam id
      • Custom deed costs (Currently just removed the minimum 1s upkeep)
    • Bounties Mod - All animals drop varying amounts of coin, making hunting slightly more profitable and introducing another form of income.

Planned Features:

Spoiler
  • 3 "Worlds" (1 PvE, 1 PvP, 1 Adventure, all separate)​
    • PvE:
      • All planned features implemented!
    • PvP:
      • Three (3) home islands (servers) and one primary island (server).
      • Home Servers:
        • Single main NPC city/spawnpoint.
        • Lower quality of natural resources (up to ~50?) to encourage trade and exploration of the central continent.
      • Primary Server:
        • Three (3) small NPC settlements.
        • Higher quality natural resources (between 30(?) and 99).
        • Presence of Adamantine and Glimmersteel veins (still rare).
        • HOTA, Chests, Resource Camps
    • Adventure:
      • Just yer average adventure map! (More to come as familiarity with adventure grows)
  • Better NPC traders:
    • Supply & demand driven pricing
  • Faster priest training
  • Story Events! We aim to create an immersive environment where you can change the course of events. We're currently in the staging and writing phase, but expect to see something happening soon!

Speculative Features (These things could be fun, but may not be possible just now):

Spoiler

• Adventure NPCs in Creative servers - Partially implemented.
  • Custom Adventure map

Server Specs:

Spoiler

• 2 x 2.33GHz Xeon processors
  • 16GB RAM
  • 2 x 300GB HDDs in RAID

Avuzent is operated by me, a student of computer science and all-around good guy. I've got years of experience with management both real world and in-game. The server machine is in my home so I am able to quickly address any issues. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask! My staff and I are more than happy to address any problems or questions you have.

See you ingame!
-Llurendt

regular-banner-3.png

Edited by Llurendt

Screenshots:

Orellion Docks:

wurm.20151029.0944_3.jpg

Orellion City:

wurm.20151103.1029.jpg

The rest of the world:

wurm.20151029.0945.jpg

Edited by Llurendt

Had our first non-admin login today! Woohoo! I've got a feeling that by Friday, we'll have a decent number of people hanging around and getting things going.

Posted some screenshots of the spawn area. Still a work in progress, but progress is certainly being made! Come join in the fun!

I played a little bit of Wurm Online before, but I'm still new to the game. The staff has been really helpful getting me started! Thanks guys!

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by. As always, I'm more than happy to help. :)

As far as server news is concerned, we've made some good progress on Orellion Proper, but it got late and I found myself running in circles, so it's off to bed for me, haha.

Got voice comms set up and now getting ready to start my Friday night twitch stream. If you've been wanting to get a better view of the server, this will be the perfect opportunity! www.twitch.tv/llurendt

Thanks man, glad to hear it. Let me know if you have any suggestions on how we can make it even better!

Updated Title and Current Features! We now have the Stat Fix Mod and we are doing hourly backups to ensure your creations are safe!

Patch Notes 1 November 2015:

• Fixed Tree Growth
  • Fixed Characteristic Gains
  • Reworked Website
  • Updated Voting Site Entry (Looking into vote rewards)
  • Completed Map Generation for PvP Map. (Look to see it go up in the near future!)
  • Possibilities for future mods: New/Better looking animals, Better functioning portals...

Thanks for the glowing reviews, guys. :) I'm working hard to get things right. Glad it's paying off!

Updated planned features section. Take a look!

Edit:

Also added Community Manager position... Details in Staff section.

Edited by Llurendt

Farming timers have been updated to have a 4 hour tick. This is more reasonable than the 1 hour tick, but the timer is subject to change as needed... Come on in and help shape our server!

Edit: Also major updates to the OP.

Edited by Llurendt

After a pretty good past week, we're looking to have an even better one! We're having around 1 person per day join us from all different time zones.

Server-wise, we're getting ready to add some more tools and mods to help with server maintenance and add some cool new features! Stay tuned!

Patch Notes 18 November 2015:

• Modlauncher installed
  • Skill Mod installed and tweaked (there will be more adjustments, but please let me know if you notice anything odd!)
    • Characteristics are set to 5x
    • Fighting is set to 3x
    • Mining is set to 1.5x (on top of the normal 5x for the server) to compensate for the longer than normal timers
    • Weaponsmithing is set to 3x (on top of the normal 5x for the server) to compensate for the inherent negative multipliers in the code

• +1 to any characteristic for all existing characters to make up for the time without proper characteristic multipliers. Post here to make your request: http://avuzent.com/WurmUnlimited/forums/Topic/skillmod-up-soon-characteristic-bonus-for-delay/

Patch Notes 22 November 2015:

• Digging Like Mining Mod added
  • Deed Mod added (4 deeds per steamid)
  • Bounty mod coming soon! (all creatures chance to drop money)

Still working on the bounty mod (trying to get additional features added by the mod owner). We're also looking into removing minimum deed upkeep... 1s minimum doesn't make any sense if I'm not trying to earn money with the server, haha.

Patch Notes 3 December 2015:

• Bounty Mod!
  • Another Deed Mod - Allows modification of deed costs... No more minimum upkeep!!!
  • Priest Mod is next on my list.

Nice server just joined today on Avuzent  PvE Server 

playing as Ghoul

if you see me in game come say hi