Sign in to follow this  
Drakeling

Run multiple WU clients - No Sandboxie or VM required

Have you tested trying to connect multiple-clients to just more than one server, to rule out it being a server issue?

I don't even have a Details tab on my task manager.  Is this a windows version issue?

On 10/27/2015 at 7:28 AM, sunsvortex said:

Hmm...no such processes running on any of my machines. Just steam.exe and steamwebhelper.exe, but all 3 of my machines have recent steam installs. Looks like those processes have been replaced by steamwebhelper.exe.

Just tried this (yes, I'm slow) because I have two licenses and two steam accounts but lately when I try to run them both, I get 'BALETED' out due to duplicate logings or somesuch...

You have to check 'Show processes from all users' for them to show up.

Btw, when I try this, the second version just sits forever trying to login to the server on the page with the big picture of the characters... never seems to go anywhere after that.

===================

Update - Once I set the other computer on another ISP, things are working fine.  I don't know if I was running in a different server if it would care or not.

Edited by Kyleshandra
Update

On 10/27/2015 at 7:54 AM, Drakeling said:

Steam.exe is the one you'll want to close then, if it's not already running the SteamService.exe

You need to make sure to check the box near the bottom of the screen that says "Show processes from all users" or something similar.  That may help :)

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎05 at 5:14 AM, frozenjim said:

Wow! Thanks!!!  The age of bridges shall begin!

You can also build a bridge by just planting the range pole. No need for an alt or another player to build a bridge.  :-)

While I don't have it set up to close and relog in automatically. I typically just log into a server with example CharA. then go to task manager scroll down to steam bootstrapper and end task. now with desktop icon relog into WU launcher. log into server with CharB.

On 2017-06-18 at 10:10 AM, Batta said:

You can also build a bridge by just planting the range pole. No need for an alt or another player to build a bridge.  :-)

I have not built a bridge for some time now, but there was a big issue with building long bridges from building to building with planted pole. It got "clipped" off and could not be targeted. Maybe it has been resolved?

On 2017-06-18 at 10:10 AM, Batta said:

I have not built a bridge for some time now, but there was a big issue with building long bridges from building to building with planted pole. It got "clipped" off and could not be targeted. Maybe it has been resolved?

I think there are two solutions

1. Increase you LOD distance

or

2. have the range pole Selected when close to it then make your way into position making sure you do not deselect.

• Like 1

3. can probably target it with a spyglass? not sure, i havent tried

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, Griffith said:

3. can probably target it with a spyglass? not sure, i havent tried

Yes, this is what I do.  Begin to spy, activate dioptra, queue the Plan bridge, then Quit spying and it automatically begins planning the bridge.

8 hours ago, Victor said:

Yeah, this doesn't work on Linux, though.

This does work on Linux.