Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

[FINAL] Stat Gain Mod

Yeah, I wasn't intending on this being used for anyone looking to make skill progression slower, which is what a modifier less than 1 will do.

All I was trying to accomplish was to still keep stats "slower" since they are raised by a number of different actions, yet faster than the default :)

Gotcha ;) Yea I wanted it more along the lines of WO, but since the characteristics are actually slower than WO by default, I hoped this would fix them to be more along the lines of WO, but oh well :( I'll put it back since .000006 and .000002 gains aren't fun :P

EDIT: Was looking through the SkillSystem.java file and found a list of all the skills and what appear to be their skillgain values. They pull from SkillTemplate.java which sets the difficulty float to whatever is in SkillSystem as the skill:

private static final long SKILLGAIN_BASIC = 300000L;

/*     */   private static final long SKILLGAIN_CHARACTERISTIC = 200000L;

/*     */   private static final long SKILLGAIN_CHARACTERISTIC_BC = 150000L;

/*     */   private static final long SKILLGAIN_GROUP = 20000L;

/*     */   private static final long SKILLGAIN_FIGHTING = 4000L;

/*     */   private static final long SKILLGAIN_TOOL = 7000L;

/*     */   private static final long SKILLGAIN_NORMAL = 4000L;

/*     */   private static final long SKILLGAIN_FAST = 3000L;

/*     */   private static final long SKILLGAIN_RARE = 2000L;

/*     */   private static final long SKILLGAIN_FIGHTING_GROUP = 10000L;

/*  61 */   private static Integer[] skillnums = new Integer[0];

/*     */   

/*     */

/*     */

/*     */   private static final float priestSlowMod = 1.25F;

/*     */   

/*     */

/*     */   private static final long STANDARD_DECAY = 1209600000L;

/*     */   

/*     */

/*     */

/*     */   static

/*     */   {

/*  74 */     addSkillTemplate(new SkillTemplate(2, "Mind", 300000.0F, MiscConstants.EMPTY_INT_ARRAY, 1209600000L,

/*  75 */       (short)1, false, true));

/*  76 */     addSkillTemplate(new SkillTemplate(1, "Body", 300000.0F, MiscConstants.EMPTY_INT_ARRAY, 1209600000L,

/*  77 */       (short)1, false, true));

/*  78 */     addSkillTemplate(new SkillTemplate(3, "Soul", 300000.0F, MiscConstants.EMPTY_INT_ARRAY, 1209600000L,

/*  79 */       (short)1, false, true));

/*     */     

/*  81 */     SkillTemplate bct = new SkillTemplate(104, "Body control", 150000.0F,

/*     */     

/*  83 */       new int[] { 1 }, 1209600000L, (short)0, false, true);

/*  84 */     bct.isPriestSlowskillgain = true;

/*  85 */     addSkillTemplate(bct);

/*  86 */     SkillTemplate bst = new SkillTemplate(103, "Body stamina", 200000.0F,

/*  87 */       new int[] { 1 }, 1209600000L, (short)0, false, true);

/*  88 */     bst.isPriestSlowskillgain = true;

/*  89 */     addSkillTemplate(bst);

/*  90 */     SkillTemplate bsr = new SkillTemplate(102, "Body strength", 200000.0F,

/*     */     

/*  92 */       new int[] { 1 }, 1209600000L, (short)0, false, true);

/*  93 */     bsr.isPriestSlowskillgain = true;

/*  94 */     addSkillTemplate(bsr);

/*  95 */     SkillTemplate mlg = new SkillTemplate(100, "Mind logic", 200000.0F,

/*  96 */       new int[] { 2 }, 1209600000L, (short)0, false, true);

/*  97 */     mlg.isPriestSlowskillgain = true;

/*  98 */     addSkillTemplate(mlg);

/*  99 */     SkillTemplate msp = new SkillTemplate(101, "Mind speed", 200000.0F,

/* 100 */       new int[] { 2 }, 1209600000L, (short)0, false, true);

/* 101 */     msp.isPriestSlowskillgain = true;

/* 102 */     addSkillTemplate(msp);

/* 103 */     addSkillTemplate(new SkillTemplate(106, "Soul depth", 200000.0F,

/* 104 */       new int[] { 3 }, 1209600000L, (short)0, false, true));

/* 105 */     addSkillTemplate(new SkillTemplate(105, "Soul strength", 200000.0F,

/* 106 */       new int[] { 3 }, 1209600000L, (short)0, false, true));

/*     */     

/* 108 */     addSkillTemplate(new SkillTemplate(1000, "Swords", 10000.0F,

/* 109 */       new int[] { 104 }, 1209600000L, (short)2, false, true));

If I changed those and recompiled the .java to a class and put it in the server.jar, would that change the default gain numbers for skills? I'm not exactly sure how this all works. Was thinking you could edit the 200000.0F or 300000.0F values to put them a bit lower and it may change the gain.

Edited by Scrubbs

Yes they would. I would also recommend changing Weapon Smithing difficulty to boot, it's 5x slower than every other crafting skill.

Sweet! I'll give that a go then later ... as soon as I figure out how to decompile / recompile everything :P

Ugh recompiling this single .java file into a .class file is ... difficult. Any pointers would be great! I decompiled the server.jar and common.jar, but apparently there are several other jars that need to be added in order to recompile even this single file? I'm using NetBeans 8.0 if it matters.

Edited by Scrubbs

OK well I got it to work, albeit not with the skill.class or skill$1.class files. It kept saying there were missing methods for access$1() in skill.class, but oh well. I ended up modifying the SkillTemplate.class to knock down the difficulty float for the characteristics and that seems to have achieved what I was looking for. I'll have to monitor it as we go to make sure it didn't mess stuff up elsewhere, but for now it works :D

Any chance you can do the same thing for fighting and Religion skills? I have spent about 5 hrs on channeling with affinity in it and only got it to 12.71 seems way slower then other skills also we have a 5x skill gain on the server. 

• Like 1

any chance for this being an a modloader?

I 2nd this. I don't really plan on using any mods going forward unless modloader is involved since that means I have to modify the original server.jar file, then have to keep track of what changes I made to it if there ever was a patch.

The server I play on uses this mod, but when a skill hits 31 it stops working for that skill, this is only with the body/mind and soul skill though I think.

The server hosts tried to re-add the mod, but nothing changed.

Is this how the mod is meant to work?

I know I'm dredging up this topic from a while back, but I'm curious if the stat gains have been fixed (I found a post in the Steam forums saying that the devs were working on it) or if this mod is still applicable.

On 12/26/2015 at 1:14 PM, Dewar said:

I know I'm dredging up this topic from a while back, but I'm curious if the stat gains have been fixed (I found a post in the Steam forums saying that the devs were working on it) or if this mod is still applicable.

We still have the same problem, I tried all night to fix the patch Keenan did, as it doesn't work past 31 skill, unsuccessfully, I don't know what is preventing the modifier to go past 31,

On 1/10/2016 at 0:23 PM, Niwa said:

We still have the same problem, I tried all night to fix the patch Keenan did, as it doesn't work past 31 skill, unsuccessfully, I don't know what is preventing the modifier to go past 31,

I am fairly sure that this is not a bug with the mod more a misunderstanding of how stats work in wurm unlimited, when your stat gains pass 31 they get 9x smaller. This skill system was originally used on challenge and 31 is the point where you can do every action and ride all creatures hence the limit, then stats are supposed to be slow. If you do want to remove the stat drop off at 31 this mod: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134658-alpha-skillmod-for-agos-modloader/ has support for that. 

• Like 1

We have recently re-applied this patch and our sub-characteristics appear to be gaining correctly, but our parent characteristics, Mind/Body/Soul do not appear to be working.

Anyone have experience with this?

[09:03:18] Body strength increased by 0.0012 to 23.1181

[09:03:18] Body increased by 0.000097 to 23.020683

Was this characteristic modifier ever fixed in an official patch?  I'm really struggling with figuring out how to get characteristics (strength, body, etc) to match up with my 2x skill modifier.  I know this was a quick and easy fix and i'm not sure if it works with the newest patch out as of October 2017.  I located the mod linked below, from Luceat, which works with Ago's mod loader.  I also saw that Sindusk released a similar fix for characteristic gain over 31.  If someone is able to help walk me through this I'd appreciate it - everything seems to focus on the skill divider and when I took it down to 0 on my server we were getting massive gains (like 1 point per each action, yipes!).  I may need Keenan's class files plus the mod below.......... thanks for your guidance!

On 23.12.2017 at 7:26 PM, Mithlar said:

Was this characteristic modifier ever fixed in an official patch?

I don't think so. I can only find a mention about a skilling change for epic [1] on the WU release notes. And trying to replicate Keenan's test does not yield big differences on vanilla WU with 10x skillgain:

[22:22:57] Body strength increased by 0.000383 to 20.00161 (Keenan's test 2015 10xskillgain)

[10:53:56] Body strength increased by 0,0004 to 20,0016 (my test 10xskillgain non-epic)

Damn, I feel quite discouraged now, as I have been playing on my 2x skillgain vanilla WU server for some time and this explains, why my characteristics are so far behind my old WO character (even though they are almost at the same skill level). :(

[1] "Epic: Mining and digging will now give body stamina skill gains."