Sign in to follow this  
Lichbane

Britannia Reborn (PvE) 16,384 map size

One very nice feature in the landscape shots are the open wide vistas with no or just lightly populated forests. A traveler actually sees where he is going and can plan a suitable route. With time this openness will sadly transform into dense forests.

Apologies, but there will be a delay while I sort out how to import mycelium into my maps from my biome map file.  No ETA.

On 2/6/2016 at 10:53 AM, www said:

One very nice feature in the landscape shots are the open wide vistas with no or just lightly populated forests. A traveler actually sees where he is going and can plan a suitable route. With time this openness will sadly transform into dense forests.

you can turn off tree spread in WU, and definitely should for this map :P

12 minutes ago, Aum said:

you can turn off tree spread in WU, and definitely should for this map :P

How do you do that?  Can you tweak it all the way down?  Or is it just an on/off thing?

Server up.  Entering beta.  Not anticipating any more server wipes.

I have some idea how to handle maps larger than memory installed on your server, both for single and multiplayer games. Now I have to do some additional calculations, but it looks promissing. It is possible to play Wurm (Wurm 2.0?) in the future even on maps 128kx128k and more. Here the number of players is a reasonable limit not a map size.  --- Stay tuned :)

TLDR: Soon I write a post dealing with concepts of multilevel mines, vein layers (not vertical axis), new prospecting model and iron acquiring (small amount and low quality for newbies, different from rummaging), and last but not least multithreaded Streamer object for the purpose of loading map chunks (underworld or surface). Maybe also synchronous (Iterator, standard queue of execution) and asynchronous (Locator, event driven execution, triggers) concepts of animations for streamed parts of the Wurmworld.

• Like 2

You're right about it being Wurm 2.0. I've discovered while cutting dungeons that they are very much 2.5D. That's fine.  I used to do lots of Doom Engine maps back in the day, and I'm finding some interesting techniques to exploit to make dungeon more than just a corridor festival, but it is a little limiting. 

SE of Landfall, Skara Ruins,  I saw a "OOOooooOOoOo". Is that an ancient language?! ;) 

Jus kiddiing. Great server so far. 
For those looking to venture' further. There is a camp NE of Skara on the isle, soon to be...a "crossing" hopefully set up permanently, where you can get to the mainland.

Edited by AlexanderCrunsch
NE * not NW of Skara
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexanderCrunsch said:

SE of Landfall, Skara Ruins,  I saw a "OOOooooOOoOo". Is that an ancient language?! ;) 

ROFLMAO! :D

Just started exploring in the landing island. Gotta build my strenth and fighting skills before I venture elsewhere.

On 10/26/2015 at 1:18 AM, Lichbane said:

I plan to produce as 32768x32768

You're the best.