Sign in to follow this  
Gromclad

Dagfinn Wurm 1X PVE + 1X PVP + Event Server(Custom Quests!) Classic Experience

Greetings fellow Wurmians!

We would like to invite you to join our established server, Dagfinn Wurm! We provide our players with a non modded, classical experience that is very close to Wurm Online, catering to both PVE and PVP players. We have a great, tight-knit, friendly community that enjoys the challenge and thrill of the original game and can't wait to have you join us! Players that are brand new to Wurm and long time Wurm Online players are both welcome! Being the largest 1X classic rates server out there for PVE & PVP, we are dedicated to provide you nothing less than the absolute best 1X Wurm has to offer. To keep things interesting, we have also introduced an event server specifically open during event periods that are prepared and moderated by GM's, with an expendable map to get extra creative!

Server Info:
200 player limit with a PVE and connected PVP server.
Hosted in NA.
Launched shortly after WU was released.
Each Map size is 2048 x 2048.
Several GM staff to help players out. No GM's build or do anything gameplay related to ruin the experience for others.
Community TeamSpeak.
Friendly established community.
Never before seen connected "Event Server" to host events on. This server is open 24/7 where players can do quests using our custom quest system for rewards, skill and fun. Maps for events can be swapped out on the fly based on specific GM moderated events, and we get very creative being able to have dedicated spaces for events that don't effect the integrity of our primary servers. No players can permanent settlements here. Here's a sample of our custom quest system:

Capture.png

Rates:
All rates and skill timers are 1X to capture the challenge and essence of the original Wurm experience.

PVP Info:
Not an Epic server, no epic curve.
HOTA enabled with a marked out zone on the map.
Original three kingdoms with standard settings. Freedom isles also has a respawn point.
Connected to the PVE server.
Start on PVE server(home server), then take the PVP portal where you spawn to get there. There is no reverse portal, so once you go the only way back is to sail east. To sail to the PVP server, sail west. You spawn on the PVP server at the Freedom Isles respawn location.
Players can get invited to a faction on PVP once they get over there either by another player inviting them, asking an admin in chat, or opening a support ticket.

Costs:
Premium is and always will be at no cost.
All deeds are free to create so players can get started with their own deeds instantly.
Deeds do require an upkeep cost that is the same as the original game.

The server is open and can be found in the server browser under the name "Dagfinnwurm.com|PVE 1X 24/7 And PVP 1X 24/7|Noob Friendly". We look forward to seeing you there and working together to create a great Wurm experience!

More info, PVE & PVP maps, Latest News and Forums available at http://dagfinnwurm.com

Come join the fun!

Edited by Gromclad
Event server added

:wub:

So glad to see a 1x server.  There's too much easy-mode going around right now with all these "high rates" servers.

Edited by bastins
  • Like 1

:wub:

So glad to see a 1x server.  There's too much easy-mode going around right now with all these "high rates" servers.

Thanks! We thought the same exact thing. I was actually unable to find another server that is 1X in the browser, and the 1X challenging rates is what I like best about the game. Hope to see you around sometime!

Since deeds will require upkeep, how will you be allowing players to get silver?  Must they purchase it directly from you?

Since deeds will require upkeep, how will you be allowing players to get silver?  Must they purchase it directly from you?

Hi Jack thanks for the question.

Initially we figured people could sell goods to the traders we setup. We plan on keeping them stocked with money so people can make their upkeep that way. As silver enters the server this way I'm sure others would pay to have jobs done as per usual.

I suppose we could also sell silver directly cheaply for people to afford upkeep to help with server costs but I don't really want to be charging people lots of money to play.

We are of course open to community suggestions as well to keep silver flowing and to have a working economy to pay for goods and upkeep. Do you have any ideas that might work better?

That's good to know, so far.  I'm not looking to basically have the same situation I do on WO where I'm paying 40 bucks a month  :lol:

I have my own private server that I play around on, but am also looking for a nice, small, social one that won't cost me a fortune.

Is there a way to alter how much upkeep costs, I wonder?  Or alter how much you get for selling corpses at a token?

Little things like this would reward players who actually play, while not requiring them to rely on each other for work.  I, personally, don't want to sell my time to someone else just to afford to play.  That sounds too much like a job.

As far as selling silver directly, perhaps you can have perks, along side it being affordable.  Such as tiered rewards for people who donate to the server.  I have seen a few places starting that model.

That's good to know, so far.  I'm not looking to basically have the same situation I do on WO where I'm paying 40 bucks a month  :lol:

I have my own private server that I play around on, but am also looking for a nice, small, social one that won't cost me a fortune.

Is there a way to alter how much upkeep costs, I wonder?  Or alter how much you get for selling corpses at a token?

Little things like this would reward players who actually play, while not requiring them to rely on each other for work.  I, personally, don't want to sell my time to someone else just to afford to play.  That sounds too much like a job.

As far as selling silver directly, perhaps you can have perks, along side it being affordable.  Such as tiered rewards for people who donate to the server.  I have seen a few places starting that model.

Without changing the server code itself, and not just the database, it isn't possible to change these things. I am actually really disappointed that they weren't more flexible with stuff like this. Tiered rewards is a great idea!

Great server. helpful and active players.

Thanks aareleb glad you are enjoying the server! There is a new map dump as well that can be found on the website!

Hello everyone! Just an update on the server, we have fixed the exploit associated with free deeds many servers are suffering from by not refunding anything three silver or below in upkeep. If you start a deed, get the default three silver upkeep, add one silver and disband, you get back one silver. No economy breaking exploit here.

Server is awesome, best 1X server Wurm Online like that I have found. Community is great. 

On 12/12/2015 at 1:41 PM, aareleb said:

Best 1x server. Come join us, active and helpful community..

Thanks aareleb! We are still going strong, community grows every day, usually peaking around 10PM EST, and we're never empty!

Great server guys.  Community is nice and helpful, plenty of land.  Couple well established villages to barter with.  Keep up the good work.

Hey guys just an update that we added a connected PVP server and have updated the information!

Hey guys we added a portal in the starting location so you can now teleport to the PVP server if that's where you want to play! One way ticket, though!

Hey Guys,

Just an update we have changed Wurm Unlimited's new "forced" high QL armor and starting sword back to the default. This is GAME BREAKING for a 1X server(there's few that can even create a 50QL sword on our server at this point!) and it is ludicrous they forced it on everyone. We will be releasing this patch tomorrow morning.

Ya know these servers would be a lot more fun if people stopped making people pay upkeep. If you are worried about running out of space, something none of you will ever come close to, just limit deed size and if they exceed that size charge upkeep for those. Upkeep equals drudgery to pay for it equals no fun.

Updated our post here with the latest server info - our event server is coming out this Friday! Community is still growing strong, looking forward to seeing you there!

We just released our custom quest system for the event server, come check it out!