Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Mystery Maps (for the explore in you)

I have been making maps but i have discovered that part of the thrill for me is exploring unknown maps. When you make them yourself you already know what they look like so i decided to make this thread for people to post up mystery maps that others can download and try out themselves. 

I will get us started with a 1024x1024 mystery map.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08326388391829367723

Note: I have taken all the image files and map actions out of the file so the only way to see the map is to load it into your server and explore it yourself. Sure i guess you can use a gm account to fly above to see but i encourage you to just take the time and explore it yourself. 

I encourage others to add a mystery map to this too so others can enjoy exploring and maybe playing them too. :)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 5

To enhance this even further, I it would be really neat for people to create houses, caves, even abandon villages, for others to seek out and find while exploring the map, Similar to what adventure mode already does for the game. But we could take it a step further by adding a bit of story to the map as well, possibly integrating the use of missions into the map.

Ooh, it would certainly be nice to have a repository of Adventure maps!

Well no one has even shared a map so it is looking like no one else cares about this. 

Edited by Kegan

Well no one has even shared a map so it is looking like no one else cares about this. 

I'm not surprised, most SP players are still busy exploring the 5% around their kingdom capital :).

I'd like to think that I am an explorer, but I don't think I would like to be just running around an empty creative mode map. I loved exploring in WO, between regular skillup binges and chores on deed, but the main draw was to find what other people have built, and most of all what they have abandoned.

I've been working on a map, but there are a lot of aspects of the map that are being done by hand, so it's going to take me some time yet to complete.