Sign in to follow this  
rosega

Farming Question

My friend and I are growing Cotton, and for some odd reason when it grows most of them are already dead but, when we right click on the dirt it says [12:37:12] You see a patch of brown dirt, good for growing crops on. Please help we are so confused. Any reply will be helpful and to the people that do reply THANK YOU SO MUCH!

There's a configuration option for the server. The standard for unlimited is that crops get a stage further each hour. This means after about 5 hours crops have a chance to turn into weeds.

If you are the server owner you can increase or decrease it, to your liking.

Edited by Kelebeth

well see the thing is when we first started growing it was great no withers or anything but after like 4 or 5 replants EVERYTHING started to wither QQ

Edited by rosega

*bump for reason that might be. we have our farm settings to 0.2  it takes 9 minutes to fully grow something (we would rather just grow it when we need it then to have to stock pile it because it takes a while to grow... especially when we only have a 4x4 tile farm :) (it's being used as a horse pen until this gets situated) lets hope someone can help

*bump for reason that might be. we have our farm settings to 0.2  it takes 9 minutes to fully grow something (we would rather just grow it when we need it then to have to stock pile it because it takes a while to grow... especially when we only have a 4x4 tile farm :) (it's being used as a horse pen until this gets situated) lets hope someone can help

if your farm settings is set to 0.2 that means that you have a window of 12 minutes for each stage, so if you dont harvest quick enough they will wither

Wow, that's a pretty fast setting for farming. I changed mine to 20 so that I can keep my server running 24/7 and have it closer to what WO was like. I think they were at 24 from what I read somewhere else but the default setting of 1 for creative was also too fast. If I kept my server running, I'd get home from work with withered crops.

This is one setting dedicated server operators need to adjust closer to WO settings. Actually, all the settings need to get adjusted. The defaults just don't make sense to me coming from playing WO off and on for years.

no but i would sit at the farm and wait for them to grow and i would tend to them every stage and the second they were able to harvest i'm meaning the second they proc'd to the harvest state they were already withered... but we put it at 1.0 for now 

The server I play on has the setting at 12, gives a nice window of time for people who can't always be online

• Like 1

i have set it to 10 hours per stage and thats fine for me :)