Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

Mission example

By far the best thing in new system is the ability to activate/deactivate triggers, not just the entire mission. Huge improvement for more complex systems.

Unfortunately it's quite bugged and gets deactivated with server restart. :(

Edited by Jukken

I understand how to make one-use missions, and unlimited-use missions.  But is there a way to make a mission that can be used exactly twice, then never again?  

You can fake it by making two missions with same name and everything...and disable them when done?

1 hour ago, Jukken said:

You can fake it by making two missions with same name and everything...and disable them when done?

Hmm.  This does give me an idea -- having 2 different triggers to produce the same result.  

Another question:  when I use a spawn mission (spawning a horse), even though I change the name from "horse" to "spawnhorse" it still comes up as horse.  Any idea if there's a trick to this?

I wondered the same thing, it seems the name tag does not work.

12 hours ago, Jukken said:

I wondered the same thing, it seems the name tag does not work.

It used to work fine.  Apparently another thing recently broken.

I have been unable to get missions to work at all. I've tried to follow the tutorials, turn on Epic, did BDew's db fix, but I'm not getting any triggers to work. I've tried "Step On" and "Use/Examine", nada.
My mission menu shows nothing except the default "Initial Instructions" message. The Mission Window is empty, I'm not seeing anything change when I select "Mission Progress". 

I have clustered servers, but have been trying to get this to work on just one. I don't know if they all need to be synchronized somehow or not.

Has anyone else gone through this, and/or have any more ideas to try?

Well, I was able to get the "Step On" trigger to work, I think by just creating a new mission after BDew's fix was in place (instead of using the dummy mission.) But I can't get "examine" to work, nor the "step on" function if the delay isn't zero.

On 21/02/2022 at 00:47, Brian said:

Well, I was able to get the "Step On" trigger to work, I think by just creating a new mission after BDew's fix was in place (instead of using the dummy mission.) But I can't get "examine" to work, nor the "step on" function if the delay isn't zero.

Here is a link for a simple step on / examine Mission.

https://youtu.be/gHD2f0mvVlo

And here is one for making a farming ( in like the skill) quest styled mission

https://youtu.be/_w-aloW-fdo

• Like 1