Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

Mission example

4 hours ago, Batta said:

For some reason, my mission trigger effects will not link to the missions after applying this fix. I'm noticing that the trigger effects have the much lower number that would have been the same number of the custom missions if I hadn't fixed the mission ID numbers.  Do I need to also change the trigger effects IDs?  Or is there something I just am missing about how to link a trigger effect to a mission. It looks very straightforward, so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.

AFAIK there is no need to mess with trigger IDs, it should just work. What exactly are you doing and how it's not working?

7 hours ago, bdew said:

AFAIK there is no need to mess with trigger IDs, it should just work. What exactly are you doing and how it's not working?

When I created a new trigger effect, I couldn't figure out how to link it to the trigger. It created fine, but remained in the unlinked trigger effects section even after I told it to link.  I managed to figure out the problem, however. I was creating the trigger effect, then going back to the main mission page, choosing it from a list and telling it to link to the mission from there. The result was that it just kept doing nothing. The TE remained in the list of unlinked triggers that use the same mission.

The fix for this turned out to be that I needed to create the TE (linking it to the mission), then scroll down to the bottom of the TE creation page and link it to the trigger (not the mission) from there. It's a little different than how we previously linked trigger effects, so it took me awhile to figure out. Hopefully my experience will help someone else, and make it worthwhile to have felt dumb explaining here.  ?

This tutorial is great, thank you. I do have one question though, if i may. How do you make a kill mission? I looked at a Libila mission for reference. It was asking players to kill 9 goblins, but it doesn't seem to reference them anywhere. I also cant find the action "Kill" even though it shows on the trigger as an "action" parameter in the trigger list. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

I still dont know, how you make missions that each player can join by themselve or mission for more players and everyone get the reward

Eject

I know that we can make a one-time-only mission, OR one that can be repeated endlessly. But on another server I saw missions that could be done once per day, per player. How is that accomplished?

On 10/16/2018 at 2:12 PM, Eject said:

I still dont know, how you make missions that each player can join by themselve or mission for more players and everyone get the reward

Eject

There are ways to set up missions so you can have multiple people attend and help out to complete. It's a lot more work than a regular quest setup.

For instance, on one of the quests on Ereb Altor, (spoiler alert) there are four statues that players need to stand and "channel" while another player goes into the opened doorway. The more statues the players can channel, the further they can get. They need to stand at the statues and not move. Single player can get one statue going and one loot, two players two..etc. If you set up the missions in a more complex way you can do some cool mechanics.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, Batta said:

I know that we can make a one-time-only mission, OR one that can be repeated endlessly. But on another server I saw missions that could be done once per day, per player. How is that accomplished?

You can have a dummy mission that holds the delay.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jukken said:

You can have a dummy mission that holds the delay.

What does this mean?  A 2-part mission, with the second part just a time-waster eventually triggering part 1 again?

2 hours ago, Batta said:

What does this mean?  A 2-part mission, with the second part just a time-waster eventually triggering part 1 again?

Basically, yes.

On 10/21/2018 at 2:01 AM, Jukken said:

There are ways to set up missions so you can have multiple people attend and help out to complete. It's a lot more work than a regular quest setup.

For instance, on one of the quests on Ereb Altor, (spoiler alert) there are four statues that players need to stand and "channel" while another player goes into the opened doorway. The more statues the players can channel, the further they can get. They need to stand at the statues and not move. Single player can get one statue going and one loot, two players two..etc. If you set up the missions in a more complex way you can do some cool mechanics.

@JukkenThat sounds cool, i never played with more than one trigger/effect per mission, but now i got some ideas.

I could make triggers at 2 tiles that are like 10 tiles apart, so one player have to stand at the 1. tile, this activate the second tile where another player can teleport inside a dungeon or whatever?
Do you know, how i have to configure the trigger from tile one, so the player may not leave the tile? And if he leave, the teleporttile dont work?

Eject

On 10/22/2018 at 7:04 AM, Eject said:

@Jukken
Do you know, how i have to configure the trigger from tile one, so the player may not leave the tile? And if he leave, the teleporttile dont work?

Eject

I used three tiles with just walls.

3_tiles.png

Tile 1 deactivates.

Tile 2 activates.

Tile 3 sets the trigger.

Players that wish to leave has to go through tile 1 - deactivates all.

If player returns (tile 2) - it activates again.

Has to stay in the box.

Edited by Jukken
  • Like 1

Hello @Jukken

That works fine thank you ?

Maybe you can help me again?

I have a trigger that activates an effect where you get a reward the trigger is actvivated if you give the npc a silver coin.

in trigger effect the Mission state is increasing 50% so you should have to give the npc 2 silvercoins before you get the reward.

The Mission state is working i can see it in the Progress bar, but you get each time you gve the npc the coin, this reward (at 50% and at 100%)

For me the reward should come if you complete the Mission not at half time.

Eject

Edited by Eject

I suggest two different triggers and two different effects. One triggers at 50 and gives no reward, and one at 100% and gives reward.

So the Mission state in the trigger effects is useless. that means, i Need now for each state Change a separate trigger and effect instead of just one effect?

Thats horrible for missions where the state increased just for 1% lol....that would be my next Mission...give the npc 100 eventcards to get 1 kristall

Eject

Edited by Eject

Having the same effect used by multiple triggers in annoying when creating missions. I know, one quest I made has 400 each...

So Ive been having a heck of a time with the automated missions breaking my missions. So I went in and adjusted the mission ID to 1000000 But this seemed to make no difference. All new missions created are using the new ID and after some time in game the old Missions become detached from their triggers when the system creates new ones. Many of these missions are teleports, that when used after breaking crashes my server when ever someone needs to get to another city. I've looked through my logs and have no errors that would indicate whats going on. Any ideas?

12 minutes ago, Capsulecore said:

when ever someone needs to get to another city

use the portal mod

Edited by Eject

On 1/14/2019 at 9:51 PM, Capsulecore said:

Can't, the link to the mod has been 404'd for months.

Edit

ooops now saw you got the link ;)

Edited by Eject

Unfortunately the tutorial at the beginning is for the old mission ruler. The new one has changed things a lot. It has link and update but no way to know when those buttons need to be clicked. With two new buttons and three windows with those buttons there's several possible combinations. At what point to you click update on each window? At what point do you link? Do you link and update the mission with each window you link? Do you link and update the mission only once? Do you link the trigger effect and update that and everything else? It could be any combination of these and there is no way to know. I could use the old mission ruler quite well. This one has me scratching my head.

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1

The link button allows you to link triggers, and effects together that you have already created.  Can be used at any time in the process with existing triggers and effects that fit your mission parameters.

The update button I think is one that updates your changes to the active window.

I will look it over while I am working today.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply Enki. 

So, update after editing a trigger and only that trigger is updated and not anything connected to that trigger. For example, if I have a trigger effect linked to a trigger and I update the trigger I don't have to worry about linking the trigger effect again? Triggers and trigger effects are updated independently of their links and the mission? With the old mission ruler is was clear what was being done with a mission. With all of the updating and linking it's  a bit foggy. I understand an attempt is being made to make missions more robust but when that is done things naturally become more complicated. Without any documentation things can become confusing. Again, thanks for your time. 

• Like 1

Sadly I was not aware this discussion was here all this time.  I use the mission system a lot and a lot of these features are something I have been needing for years, so some of you may be paying the price for the needs we had in WO.    The new system allows us to duplicate things nearly instantly without having to build form scratch every single time and the linking allows us to use multiple effects with multiple triggers.  This is to save having to keep scripting many identical triggers. or identical effects.   The new system is a major time saver to me.

Alright,

Yes, the Update button just updates the screen you are on at the time.

The Link buttons of course link things together if you need to add more triggers or effects to one or the other. (this only applies to existing effects or triggers that you have already made)

The Delete button deletes only the trigger or effect you are looking at, not all effects under a trigger or any other combination.

Do not bother with the delete button on the triggers or effect list screens, it does nothing at this time.  While that would be very handy in many cases you could easily wipe out a large mission structure if it was that easy, so I am not sure which way is best.  For now delete only works within the trigger, effect, or mission screen you are looking at.

• Like 1

It's interesting how this has been changed. At first blush it looks somewhat confusing. But once you realize that everything is actually separate and the triggers and effects do not really depend on each other or on a mission until they become part of a mission it all becomes quite clear. Whole libraries can be built and parts used in many different configurations. The separate parts of a mission, triggers and trigger effects, could be quite simple. But when linked together they can result in rather sophisticated missions. Well done. And thanks for taking the time to explain it. 

• Like 2

I love the new mission ruler system, its perfect for me and much better as the old one.

I just miss one think: setup missions which each players can make for himself or make missions that all players can make together.

....or i havent find this option

Edited by Eject