Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

Mission example

Many have issues setting up a mission so here is a basic one I use to test usually.  Note that for me it does not work on creative server, only adventure.  I have circled red the items I entered.  the item id is my mission ruler, so when I examine it, it spawns 1 acorn in my inventory.  The mission will repeat over and over as many times as you want to examine.  (you create missions with the 'mission ruler' you can spawn one with an ebony wand)

7bd9bce131.jpg

In this screenshot there is an 'x' in the 'use current' but when you setup the mission do not check it.  that would make it use what you currently have selected if I remember right, just paste in the id of whatever you want to examine, a tile, item, etc.

06583e211f.jpg

61499e3d93.jpg

• Like 5

So if I'm reading this correctly the mission ruler doesn't work in creative? Will it be fixed so that it does?

Edited by ausimus

Hm. i created the same mission on creative - different map but it works

In this screenshot there is an 'x' in the 'use current' but when you setup the mission do not check it.  that would make it use what you currently have selected if I remember right, just paste in the id of whatever you want to examine, a tile, item, etc.

06583e211f.jpg

Just to be precise.

The "use current" box is used to cause the trigger being created to be used when the action specified is done to the object you right click when using the mission ruler to create the trigger.

So, active mission ruler, right click a statue, create trigger, name trigger, choose action (examine, open, etc), check box for use current.

When examined the statue you right clicked on will call the trigger.

If manually entering an ID, you will want to make sure use current is unchecked.

The use current checkbox is just a shortcut so you don't have to manually get each item id, it defaults to what you used the mission ruler on, once the trigger is saved it remains tied to that item. 

• Like 1

my server is probably the same one back from before launch, so maybe there were updates after that to make it work, or it is of course possible my mission had an error in it as well :)

really you created mission on creative server and it works?????

im not successful and try it manytime......on advanture server working perfect and with same procces on creative server create mission dont work :(  you have any special settings on server?

thx for help

Any luck getting missions to work on the creative map?  Also, any explanation as to how to modify the God Missions?

The God missions have some functions they do that are simply not possible to recreate with the mission ruler sometimes.  So I have no explanations to give for that, someone would need to open up the code and see how it is doing those from in there, and either tweak it or mod it that way, or make some other kind of tool to get missions made and added to the database.

Why on earth can't we give coin with the trigger effect. I was hoping to make a simple solution for a player to earn coin to pay for their deed, upkeep, and what ever else with sell as the trigger.

Edited by Crustyfoot
  • Like 1

I need to check, but I noticed after the most recent patch I can now create coin denominations. This may also have added them to the mission reward options. I will test it when I get home tonight.

Any update on whether or not an official tutorial for the mission ruler is getting created or is anyone willing to work on trying to make one. Tutorial and or documentation or forum post or whatever, this post is the only thing I can find as of now on this for Wurm.

Edited by metis

Any update on whether or not an official tutorial for the mission ruler is getting created or is anyone willing to work on trying to make one. Tutorial and or documentation or forum post or whatever, this post is the only thing I can find as of now on this for Wurm.

Any luck getting missions to work on the creative map?  Also, any explanation as to how to modify the God Missions?

missions on creative map working if you check "Epic settings"  at server settings

So, any way to get missions to work on a PvE server without "The Curve" ?

Shutting down server and restarting it to enable Epic, and then restarting without Epic seems messed up for making missions.

There is a bug (or feature that i don't understand) where RULER mission triggers are checking that a matching EPIC mission with the same ID is active. 

On the default Creative database, the tables for both types of missions start from 1, causing their ID's to collide and break things. This happens even if you have epic disabled (some default inactive missions are generated anyway).

The fix i found is:

1. Backup your stuff :P
  2. Create a dummy mission, doesn't matter what you put in there.
  3. Get SQLite browser http://sqlitebrowser.org/
  4. Open wurmplayers.db
  5. Go to Browse Data and select MISSIONS table
  6. Double click the ID field of your dummy mission
  7. Write something big, like 1000000000
  8. Click save

This will ensure that any future ruler missions you make will get a high ID and won't collide with epic mission IDs.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 8

On 17.2.2016 at 4:55 PM, bdew said:

There is a bug (or feature that i don't understand) where RULER mission triggers are checking that a matching EPIC mission with the same ID is active. 

On the default Creative database, the tables for both types of missions start from 1, causing their ID's to collide and break things. This happens even if you have epic disabled (some default inactive missions are generated anyway).

The fix i found is:

4. Open wurmplayers.db
  8. Click save

This will ensure that any future ruler missions you make will get a high ID and won't collide with epic mission IDs.

Yup this one will enable missions properly, even on servers without epic settings.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2016 at 7:55 AM, bdew said:

The fix i found is:

4. Open wurmplayers.db
  8. Click save

Jeez bdew, they really should pay you a consultant fee at this point. :)

Thanks again!

• Like 2

On 2016-02-17 at 4:55 PM, bdew said:

The fix i found is:

4. Open wurmplayers.db
  8. Click save

You Sir, are a genious!

Thank you.

• Like 1

I don't suppose you can set a mission to convert a player to a particular pvp kingdom?

On 2/17/2016 at 7:55 AM, bdew said:

The fix i found is:

4. Open wurmplayers.db
  8. Click save

For some reason, my mission trigger effects will not link to the missions after applying this fix. I'm noticing that the trigger effects have the much lower number that would have been the same number of the custom missions if I hadn't fixed the mission ID numbers.  Do I need to also change the trigger effects IDs?  Or is there something I just am missing about how to link a trigger effect to a mission. It looks very straightforward, so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.