Sign in to follow this  
Trake

Elevation-style + HOTA - How?

I'd like to enable PVP on a single server.

I'd like this server to have both 'good' and 'evil' factions available. (Hots / Non) allowed to deed and make towers.

Currently, HOTS tower guards are attacking HOTS players. When HOTS players deed, Spirit guards attack them also.

How can I allow HOTS players to deed on a single server; what settings do I need?

Edited by Trake

enable : pvp (and maybe epic if you like the epic settings)

uncheck home server

set home server kingdom to 0

when you spawn first time select kingdom of your choice. i prefer to make a starter deed with gm rights first, so that new players of that faction will spawn in this deed (starterdeed^^)

That's how my settings look, only, I have "Epic Settings" checked also.

I think I'll go ahead and remove "Epic Settings" since that's too ambiguous for me to know what it even means.. The Curve maybe? Or All-Things-Epic?

This is what a new player looks like on my server, with your settings:

c8b8f6bb56.jpg

Kingdoms need starting towns to show in the list.

Drop a deed, choose the kingdom in the setup process.

I've completed these steps. New Characters are still not allowed to choose anything other than Freedom as a kingdom.

Also, I attempted to move the Bone Altar to another location and I'm unable to get it to come back - despite multiple restarts.

thats all correct. you need to select "no kingdom". create your character. after that put him as GM. activate your ebony wand and right click your wand. select Creatures -> Change Kingdom. Player: your Player, Kingdom: for example Jenn Kellon. Put up a deed. make it permanent. select kingdom if this a start town: (for example) jenn-kellon. Save this town.

Repeat all this steps for the next fraction with a different GM (i prefer to take different GM's for different fractions, less confusing)

After that all your new players can choose your createt kingdoms to join. they will spawn in the createt starter deeds.

About Epic: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Epic

Bone Altar moving: tag the bone altar with your ebony wand. go to your prefered location and then use your ebony wand again -> summon 'name' (name is the taged item). After a server restart the black light is also moved to your new location.

Edited by noermel
  • Like 3

thats all correct. you need to select "no kingdom". create your character. after that put him as GM. activate your ebony wand and right click your wand. select Creatures -> Change Kingdom. Player: your Player, Kingdom: for example Jenn Kellon. Put up a deed. make it permanent. select kingdom if this a start town: (for example) jenn-kellon. Save this town.

Repeat all this steps for the next fraction with a different GM (i prefer to take different GM's for different fractions, less confusing)

After that all your new players can choose your createt kingdoms to join. they will spawn in the createt starter deeds.

About Epic: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Epic

Bone Altar moving: tag the bone altar with your ebony wand. go to your prefered location and then use your ebony wand again -> summon 'name' (name is the taged item). After a server restart the black light is also moved to your new location.

Thank you. This is a thorough explanation. Plenty of input from IRC# was helpful also.

We now have working HoTS spawns as well as a PMK.

After flushing the database, the Bone Alter is working properly again.

The /suicide + bury trick seemed to change the altar to no longer be usable (despite restarts on the server).

Looks good.

You have to go through all of those steps to create a working PvP server? I could have sworn one of the times I set up a server I had the choice to choose between kingdoms upon logging in without doing any of that.

You have to go through all of those steps to create a working PvP server? I could have sworn one of the times I set up a server I had the choice to choose between kingdoms upon logging in without doing any of that.

With a custom map, you do, yeah. There was definitely some esoteric knowledge acquired to set it up, but after going through all of the setup, the feature-set makes more sense now.