Sign in to follow this  
Tovak

Adventure vs Creative

Are the only differences between the two modes that...?

a.) Adventure has a questline

b.) Adventure has npcs and towns

I stayed clear of Creative as I assumed this was like Minecraft Creative where you can spawn anything, etc.

Edited by Tovak

Your assumption is mistaken, only GMs have such powers and they work in either mode.

Adventure is a PVP simulator and its defaults are slower timers more hostile mobs and NPC AI

Creative is a blank world, you start with your starter toolbox, which you can dump and use crude tools if you want to rough it.  The only NPC are ones you hire to guard or sell things  The defaults for it are faster with less hostile mobs.  It is more like MineCraft Survival than MineCraft Creative.  Crank up the hostile mobs and it is actually harder than Adventure because there  are no towns or roads you have to build all that yourself.

Edited by yarnevk

I received no such thing...

You should have unless somehow you corrupted the database?

Actually, you don't start with a starter toolbox. You start with starter tools like shovel, pickaxe, carving knife, etc. 

Actually, you don't start with a starter toolbox. You start with starter tools like shovel, pickaxe, carving knife, etc. 

I assume that's what he meant.

Just making sure because JackBinimbul took it literally and he's probably complaining somewhere about not getting a toolbox because of a misunderstanding. 

Select all your inventory and drop it - it goes into a toolbox.  Wurmian random collection of random things.  Handy to offload your inventory at the start and lighten your load to only those tools you need for the task at hand.  Of course later you want to make an actual tool chest to contain decay.

Edited by yarnevk

Well it is toolbox art that does not show the actual contents but is a box with tools sticking out if it, what else you would you call it?

Edited by yarnevk

Ah, that box you're referring to is the default "pile of items" for any items dropped on the ground of 3 or more, if they are not all the same item.  So if you dropped 2 piles of dirt, and 2 piles of sand, it turns into a "pile of items", the same as you're referring to.

Yes so dropping your 'toolbox' at start is because Rolf  kept adding starter items to the spawn inventory in a failed attempt to make the game easier (people left anyways when they got ganked by a pig realizing their noob sword and board is illusory help) , if you do not want your handheld you can drop that toolbox and walk away never to find it again, leave it for another noob that already wore out his tools to find..  Now go foraging and rummaging to make crude tools and truly try to survive your first week in Wurm.  It goes even harder if you also drop your flint/steel and rub sticks to make fire, I tried it once then said maybe better keep my firestarter....   It also helps if you set server defaults up to be more like WO.

Edited by yarnevk