Building Rainbows

What would you do if you want to see some nice rainbows, yes you would definitely build some.

ET8pOhV.jpg

Update

Another big update for Sklotopolis :)

Doubled the size of bank accounts
You can now clean up any vehicle if the owner has been inactive for more than 6 months.
You can now clean up any building if the owner has been inactive for 3 months and the building is already demolished.

There is now /securerandom command which should use a far better RNG.
A sperate raffle system designed for raffles at events has been added.
Some custom GM actions have been added.
The storage of rowing boats has been increased, they can now hold 1 large crate.
The storage of sailing boats has been increased, they can now hold 2 large crates.

Starter town portals have been improved.
Rock shards which have been analyzed will be renamed, so you can see which you have already done.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

We had a small bugfix ealier, now all mods are working as intended. Enjoy.

Join Sklotopolis!

Forum: http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/

SteamGroup: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Sklotopolis

Over 100 people waiting for you to join.

We have a great map, great community and more mods than any other server out there. http://andistyr.github.io/wu-map/

Join us now and play Wurm as it was meant to be played :)

I am confused by the language here:

You can now clean up any vehicle if the owner has been inactive for more than 6 months.
You can now clean up any building if the owner has been inactive for 3 months and the building is already demolished.

What do you mean when you say they can "clean up" a vehicle or building?

Does this mean they can demolish it, by bashing? but on a building it must first be missing at least one wall?

8 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I am confused by the language here:

What do you mean when you say they can "clean up" a vehicle or building?

Does this mean they can demolish it, by bashing? but on a building it must first be missing at least one wall?

We have a lot of abandoned structures and vehicles on the server. People have been able to request GM support to clean those abandoned houses and vehicles up. Now we have an action to do this clean up automated, if the owner is inactive long enough or a house which has already lost at least one wall and has significant damage on all the other walls., it can be cleaned up by any player.

• Like 1

Summer Impalong

This weekend we had our summer impalong, here are some impressions for you :) Lots of games, imping and tons of fun.

J8zOQ2k.jpg

hRUav2S.jpg

zZXjUGu.jpg

jus1x3n.jpg

5YYY9Zn.jpg

• Like 1

New recipes coming to Sklotopolis

@Wreckour Brewmaster created a big amount of unique and custom recipes for the Sklotopolis server. I hope you like beer! Stay tuned for the new recipes, which will add a lot more variety to the cooking update. The recipes will go live very soon.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:41 AM, Sklo:D said:

We have a lot of abandoned structures and vehicles on the server. People have been able to request GM support to clean those abandoned houses and vehicles up. Now we have an action to do this clean up automated, if the owner is inactive long enough or a house which has already lost at least one wall and has significant damage on all the other walls., it can be cleaned up by any player.

This is a very cool feature and fun too! I have now used it a number of times to remove the remains of houses with one wall decayed away. Fun to see the remaining house structure Lightning zapped out of existence. Yep, works on large carts too, even decayed ships. The player must have been "inactive" on the server for several months though, so seems a reasonable requirement. A feature unique to Sklotopolis as far as I have seen. Well done!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayes said:

This is a very cool feature and fun too! I have now used it a number of times to remove the remains of houses with one wall decayed away. Fun to see the remaining house structure Lightning zapped out of existence. Yep, works on large carts too, even decayed ships. The player must have been "inactive" on the server for several months though, so seems a reasonable requirement. A feature unique to Sklotopolis as far as I have seen. Well done!

=Ayes=

Thanks, glad you enjoy this new feature :) 

And you are right, there is no other server with such a feature.

• Like 1

On 30.8.2017 at 8:05 PM, Sklo:D said:

Green Dragon Slaying

We will slay the Green Dragon next Saturday 2nd of September at 8 PM UTC. Make sure to attend :)

More information: http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/thread/2222/community-event-green-dragon-slaying

1200px-Greendragon.jpg

Fair reminder for todays Green Dragon Slaying. You can use the eventteleport mod about 30 minutes before the event to get to the event location. The eventteleporter can be activated from anywhere by typing /eventteleport.

Here is a countdown:

auction_timer_E1504382326.gif

More information: http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/thread/2222/community-event-green-dragon-slaying

Looking forward to see you all there :)

Update

A lot new recipes have been added to Sklotopolis

Especially there are now a big bunch of different beers to create.

Maybe @Wreckcan give a few hints to the new recipes. Thanks for creating such a big amount of awesome recipes@Wreck

• Like 1

Green Dragon Slaying

The green dragon slaying was a big success, more than 100 accounts have been logged in, more than 70 unique steam ids at one time on our server. Thanks for the great interest. See you again next time. :) 

9qHhHM7.jpg

2SD9yYh.jpg

• Like 1

New Recipes!

As Sklo has hinted towards, there are now approximately 50 new recipes added to Sklotopolis.  I will not spell out each recipe's ingredients so folks that want to, can discover on their own.  I will say though, there are a bunch of new beer recipes and they require new wort types (i.e. wheat, rye, oat, and specialty).  There is also a new tea that required rift wood.  And finally a bunch of new food: grilled cheese sandwich, shark fin soup, baked beans, chili, chocolate covered fruits, candied nuts, pigs in a blanket, tea and biscuits, white pizza, chicken marsala, and new iterations of meats and veggies at a basic level.  Enjoy the new recipes!  We do plan to continue growing our Sklo custom cookbook over time!

• Like 2

Picture of the day

Wreck's brewery is on fire. Too many new beers to brew, what's your favorite beer on Sklotopolis?

763777654a.jpg

• Like 1

Small Update

Todays update was very small as we are mainly working on the new cluster setup :)

• Fixed the recipe rift tea, which should now work properly
  • Added some more custom titles

Extended Downtime - 13th September

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I just want to let you know that Sklotopolis will be moved to a new and more powerful machine on Wednesday 13th of September, 2017 starting from around 12PM UTC. Sklotopolis will be unavailable for up to 6 hours. After the move was successful be aware that there is always the chance of a rollback if there are troubles after such a move. We are also moving our login server to a seperate server which is a big and unique operation too.

I recommend to play for testing after the move on Wednesday and Thursday but don't do anything which would be a big loss in case of a rollback, we will keep you updated with the current status.

Such a login server move is only needed once. Sklotopolis has been around since November 2015 and has grown a lot, we now need to remove some old stuff which is preventing further growth. Thanks for understanding, fingers crossed for Wednesday.

• Like 1

On 10.9.2017 at 10:38 PM, Sklo:D said:

Extended Downtime - 13th September

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I just want to let you know that Sklotopolis will be moved to a new and more powerful machine on Wednesday 13th of September, 2017 starting from around 12PM UTC. Sklotopolis will be unavailable for up to 6 hours. After the move was successful be aware that there is always the chance of a rollback if there are troubles after such a move. We are also moving our login server to a seperate server which is a big and unique operation too.

I recommend to play for testing after the move on Wednesday and Thursday but don't do anything which would be a big loss in case of a rollback, we will keep you updated with the current status.

Such a login server move is only needed once. Sklotopolis has been around since November 2015 and has grown a lot, we now need to remove some old stuff which is preventing further growth. Thanks for understanding, fingers crossed for Wednesday.

Don't forget, today is the big day.

Servers are back up

The server migration went a lot faster than expected and currently everything is looking stable. Join for testing.

• Like 1