Sklotopolis goes Wurm Online 

With the last Wurm Online update a few changes which were implemented by the devs of Sklotopolis went live on the official Wurm Online servers.

I have to say that we are all proud that we became a little part of such an amazing game :) I want to thank every player/CA/CM/GM/DEV within both communities for making this possible. It is AWESOME :)

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 2

Been checking out several away servers over the past week, and I have to say that my favorite is definitely Sklotopolis! Great map, nice community, love that there are ways to make silver in-game and that its F2P. Still searching for the perfect place to settle but I'm looking forward to making this my WU home. :)

Had a great event today :D Here is my video i made there!

• Like 2

Just not enough NPC's for the map size. apart from that I enjoyed my time there.
You could walk for miles without seeing one NPC. It needs to be more than doubled lol current count.

Edited by AlexLong

Update: 

Converted Features:

• free Starter Deeds
  • start with 30QL Armor + 30QL LSword
  • Spawn with a pelt, pendulum, compass, sickle and 3x ropes (all 30QL)
  • NO skillloss on death
  • crops NEVER rot
  • digging works like minning
  • faster movement on animals, carts, boats and ships
  • increased loading radius
  • fish fit into fsb
  • filets fit into fsb
  • mushrooms fit into fsb
  • Meats will fit into crates
  • Fish will fit into crates
  • Filets will fit into crates
  • Crates now hold a lot more items
  • reduced mediation cooldown
  • NO priest penalties
  • prayers per day increased
  • mediates per day increased
  • forges will fit 100 ores
  • Sowing timer will be decreased
  • Drowning will be completely removed
  • You will be able to carry more weight
  • You will be able to run faster with heavier weight in inventory (max speed will stay at 17kmh)
  • Dirt you receive during leveling will be dropped as pile on the ground
  • 19 BS to load items (crates, forges, ovens, etc.)
  • removed Bank moving time
  • removed Bank starting server bug
  • decreased weapon smithing difficulty
  • fix for characteristics skill multiplier

Bug fixes:

• fixed a dredging bug
  • adjusted the boat going backwards bug, could need some more fixing though
  • fixed the fighting skillloss bug on death

Added new Features:

• Transportation of bulk goods is no longer limited to inventory capacity
  • Drowning has now been completely disabled
  • It is now possible to harvest if you are on a mount
  • added /seasons command which shows when the next fruits etc get ripe
  • added a season MOTD
  • added an inbreed warning message
  • mailing is now completly free
  • mediates per day are unlimited now
  • mediation skillgain cooldown has been reverted to normal WO standards in compensation
  • No more "You fail to realx" messages during meditation
  • You no longer need to move for meditation skillgain
  • cooldown between meditation path levels has been decreased by 80% from WO standards
  • prayers per day are unlimited now
  • faith gain cooldown has been reverted to normal WO standards in compensation
  • adjusted all vehicle speeds a bit
  • doubled faith gain
  • meditating is now also part of the skill multiplier
  • added bounties for killing monsters

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexLong said:

Just not enough NPC's for the map size. apart from that I enjoyed my time there.
You could walk for miles without seeing one NPC. It needs to be more than doubled lol current count.

There are alot creatures in some areas... Increasing creature count is currently not possible as SQLite seems to have performance troubles above 30k

On December 13, 2015 at 6:10 AM, AlexLong said:

the entire south of the map is flooded with them. North has so many people and killing all day long, is southerners literally can't keep up the killing. So we're getting more and more down here. (Which I'm not complaining, I love mobs :D ) but if you want NPC's, go away from where 95% of the server is :) 

I highly suggest everyone to come try the recent update. Saying it's awesome would be a understatement. And if you would like any help getting set up (or info about the server) pm me here or on the sklotopolis forums! 

Major or thanks to the devs (Sklo, Dominik, and Engineer) for the update and the server itself. You've provided me (and many others it seems!) a perfect place when I need a alternate place from WO :D 

(and I can't not thank Jaede for that freaking awesome map he's made us, that deserves special thanks)

Very casual on and off Wurm Online player who couldn't be happier to have found a home on Skotopolis :) So many of the issues I had playing WO that kept me from progressing very far have been solved by the advent of Wurm Unlimited and time and effort put into creating this awesome server for our enjoyment. I only joined a couple days ago but already feel welcome and productive despite my newbieness.

A special thanks to Melketh for scooping me up and giving me a place to putter around and make a nuisance of myself while I get used to the game ;) He already had to install lamps in his mine so I don't get lost down there forever lol. Looking forward to meeting more Skotopolis citizens at the upcoming Imp-a-long!

Edited by Rhiaa

Up to za top! Join join join :D End of the month Impalong event! With 2 drake set giveaways!

Transportation of bulk goods is no longer limited to inventory capacity

Very sexy!

Update

• Fixed an exploit with bounties
  • Fix the carry bug
  • Fxied a bug in the Fighting Skill multiplier
  • Modding engine works fine and updates can be brought much faster as you can see
  • Like 1

On ‎13‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 9:57 PM, Sklo:D said:

There are alot creatures in some areas... Increasing creature count is currently not possible as SQLite seems to have performance troubles above 30k

I don´t get this, we have 70k and not a single Performance issue.

On 17.12.2015 at 0:01 PM, Caduryn said:

I don´t get this, we have 70k and not a single Performance issue.

Don't forget that we have a lot more players on peak times and a huge amount of items in the database. We hadn't much issues but the issues we had were 2-3 times a day up to 3 minutes lag spike. And with 60+ people online on peak times, this wasn't fun at all. There have been about 3 deaths per lag spike...

Furthermore there are so much creatures on the server, in some areas you really have great hunting.

• Like 1

This is a great server!  I've been a long time WO player and couldn't wait for WU.  I tinkered around on my own LAN server and quickly missed the sense of community, so I found your server and gave it a shot.  It has everything I wanted in a server and more. The dirt dropping like rocks is AMAZING!  Thanks for the work you put into this and look for me to be a long time player here!

• Like 1

Christmas is coming to Sklotopolis

This weekend we managed to finish our christmas code, it took about 20 work hours until all was set up and we were sure that there are no exploits we have to fear.

On December 23rd, 2015 at 4PM CET christmas will reach our server :) There will be one christmas present per SteamID, which can be collected from santa at New Town or at your own christmas tree. The developers will take a little break during Christmas time, we plan on joining some village on Sklotopolis and play with you guys a bit. Not sure if we will stay anonymous though :P 

But I am sure we will have a wonderful time with many events and great memories of our first christmas on Sklotopolis.

Also don't forget the impalong! I am really looking forward to it.

Event - Christmas Impalong

Currently a group of people on our server is planing an impalong from 28th to 30th of December 2015. The staff team will also be there and supporting this great event, there will be a small gifts for everyone who shows up there and takes part of this amazing event. :) Prepare for some fun fights and other special things too!!

I am really looking forward to it, so make sure you don't, miss it!

Check it out here:

http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/thread/148/community-event-castle-dour-christmas

New Year on Sklotopolis

On January 1st, 2016 at 0am CET a special light show will start to perform. Make sure you don't miss this special event on our server. You may remember this from the WO servers, but we extended the whole show a bit ;)

• Like 2

please make a video of the lightshow on new year becouse i wont be online...will be heavily drunked with my father in law XD

Santa has arrived

Santa has arrived in New Town on Sklotopolis and is giving out one gift per steam id :)

Christmas event is currently running, JOIN US NOW!

Bugfix

We are currently reverting all the items decayed due to a bug, sorry for that again.

• Like 1

Bugfix

• Items have been restored
  • Sleep bonus has been added
  • All items were turned to 0 damage

There might be some items missing as we never can restore 100%, just report the rest, shouldn't be too much though. 50k+ items have been successfully restored. 

Merry Christmas to all our players :) - Enjoy our christmas present! Available at Santa in New Town or at every Christmas Tree

I hope everyone had a wonderful time during Christmas on our server :) Especially we had some time to get in touch with community, making some pictures etc.

Make sure you don't miss the big New Year light show on Jan 1st 2016, around midnight!

I want to share some screenshots of the last days with you, Santa's present this year was a spyglass.

(sadly santa client bug wasn't fixed)

eEIGy0t.jpg

gxwFd30.jpg

DxkMWVG.jpg

Playermade GIF

Fun at the impalong JOIN US NOW!

Mqb8V3a.gif

Thanks to Encode and Yela :)

This looks incredible! I just found you, so I will be giving it a try soon. I've been playing with my own server solo and had a custom made map up and running, but it was a little boring by myself so this will be much more fun. Now the true struggle, as I start an online masters degree Jan 1 at the same time as I find this?!? Oh boy...

I expect I'll be on several times a week for an hour or two, hope to make a little homestead and will be happy to help out others if anyone needs assistance. I still don't know some of the mechanics like breeding but have some of the basics down. See you all there!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brunnr said:

This looks incredible! I just found you, so I will be giving it a try soon. I've been playing with my own server solo and had a custom made map up and running, but it was a little boring by myself so this will be much more fun. Now the true struggle, as I start an online masters degree Jan 1 at the same time as I find this?!? Oh boy...

I expect I'll be on several times a week for an hour or two, hope to make a little homestead and will be happy to help out others if anyone needs assistance. I still don't know some of the mechanics like breeding but have some of the basics down. See you all there!

Happy to see you ingame :) Enjoy your staying.