Novus 2nd Unique Slaying - Alert Red Dragon

Scheduled for Sunday, December 3rd @ 8pm UTC.  Hope to see you there!

Events, events, and more events!

We have a busy next few weeks coming up.  Hope you can make it to the festivities :)

• Red Dragon (Novus) - tomorrow @ 8pm UTC
  • Blue Dragon (Liberty) - Dec 10th
  • Goblin Leader (Liberty) - Dec 10th
  • Forest Giant (Novus) - Dec 17th
  • Something for Christmas :)
  • Winter Impalong (Novus) - Jan 12th - 14th

Sklotopolis's 1st Triple Slaying! 

Tomorrow night.  Hope to see you there!

Update

• Fixed a few bugs in the rift system, rifts will be enabled for Novus soon.
  • Added the AWESOME christmas gift for 2017.
  • Prepared the server for the arrival of Santa on December 23rd, 2017 at around 3PM UTC (4PM server time CET).

Merry Christmas Sklotopolis!

I want to wish everyone of our players a merry christmas and a happy new year. A promised Sanata arrived at New Hope on Novus and Genesis on Liberty. This years christmas gift is something very special and unique over all Wurm Unlimited servers. It does NOT require any client mods installed.

An AWESOME Present for AWESOME players

We have found a way to create a serverside mod for having custom kingdom tabards not connected to the kingdom the player is currently a member of.

Big thanks go to our developer Michiel, who has done most of the work on it and made the gift in this form possible.

Here are some pictures of our awesome christmas present 2017:

5qWyLwL.png iHdMfaz.png r2jUi7P.png XDQxLMi.png IUTrFLr.png xsqOYLf.png NsSl0T3.png 7hbdMYs.png eniVwTf.png TWNHmjc.png 2CTcV0T.png 5qWyLwL.png MkF34QC.pngaw6rqrX.png

And much more!

I hope everyone enjoys christmas and has a silent and relaxing time. Thanks for playing on Sklotopolis, good luck in 2018.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 5

Thank you for the hard work on this amazing Christmas gift! Sklotopolis continues to be my favourite home away from home. Merry Christmas! 

• Like 1

Merry Christmas Sklotopolians!

I hope you have a great day with your family and friends!

• Like 2

Novus Double Slaying - Goblin Leader and First Drake Slaying was a success!  Thank you everyone for participating!

Congrats to all the raffle winners!

Which unique will spawn next I wonder...

New Head GM

Good afternoon Sklotopolis!

Breaking news, Sklotopolis has got a new Head Game Master.

Since Engineer is working mostly on everything else but Moderation stuff on the server he stepped down from the Head Game Master position. Wreck has been part of this server for years now and has taken up most of the moderation work in the last months, because Engineer and Dominikk have been very busy with general adminsitration things, modding and real life. So it was just a matter of time until Wreck would fully suit this position and be ready for taking the Head Game Master position.

We congratulate Wreck who has been appointed to the rank of a Head Game Master of Sklotopolis.

Congratulations!

Head GM Wreck

• Like 3

Meltdown and Spectre

Many of you might have heard about the two new big and critical vulnerabilities of almost all CPUs worldwide. While Intel CPU are affected by both meltdown and spectre, AMD is not affected by Meltdown, which makes them a lot more secure.

The chances of successfully attacking an AMD CPU are very low according to the lead scientists.

The good news of the day, Sklotopolis is using 100% AMD CPUs since Novus, so we are fine for now but Wurm Online and many other WU servers aren't. There is nothing to fear for us. Nevertheless there likely will be some security fixes for AMD too which we will apply to the servers, but we will keep you updated in case of extended server downtimes. 

Source: meltdownattack.com

I have been looking for a wurm unlimited server for a while now but couldn't find anything with an active population, I have played on mythmoor for a w hile but hardly anyone was ever on when I play (Usualy morning EU time). What is the population here? and how active are the players during EU times? Can you tell me an average of people online? I cant see these stats on the website.

I wanne play Wurm UL to try stuff out and to have a second home when I dont feel like playing online cause of the grind :P

I have few other questions

when I look at the map it seems verry crowded even the new map, I love exploration and looking for the perfect place to settle however due to there is no upkeep costs on deeds on the server I was wondering isnt it crowded with settlements of inactive players?

also is this the bigegst server curently out there?

Edited by shamflam

49 minutes ago, shamflam said:

I have been looking for a wurm unlimited server for a while now but couldn't find anything with an active population, I have played on mythmoor for a w hile but hardly anyone was ever on when I play (Usualy morning EU time). What is the population here? and how active are the players during EU times? Can you tell me an average of people online? I cant see these stats on the website.

I wanne play Wurm UL to try stuff out and to have a second home when I dont feel like playing online cause of the grind :P

I have few other questions

when I look at the map it seems verry crowded even the new map, I love exploration and looking for the perfect place to settle however due to there is no upkeep costs on deeds on the server I was wondering isnt it crowded with settlements of inactive players?

also is this the bigegst server curently out there?

I can promise you that Sklotopolis is the best Wurm Unlimited server out there. We have so many different mods, an organised and fair staff team, very experienced moderators and wonderful community. Sklotopolis has about 110+ players at peak times depending of the time in the week and at no time of the day less than 50 players online. You are welcome to jump in and join our server novus, the livemap looks crowded due to the amount of markers, but if you turn deed and tower markers off you will see it is far better than any Wurm Online server. There are still tons of open spaces for you to explore and settle down. 

The no upkeep costs come with a catch, every player who is inactive between 3 and 6 months will have the deed disbanded, depending on the size of the deed. We also offer free starter deeds, which means you can found a deed with size 10x10x9x9 and 2 guards completly for free. We will disband deeds of inactive members, if they haven't left a notice that they will be inactive for a longer periode of time.

If you have a look at our steam group 310 players are trusting Sklotopolis and the team behind it. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Sklotopolis

Sklotopolis is the server with the biggest population over all Wurm Unlimited servers and also the most professional one. Try Sklotopolis and it will not become your second home it will be your first home. We have beaten Wurm Online and their DEVs in many aspects already and will continue to do so.

• Like 1

hehe started out today 

you might be right that it might become my 1st home :D. At least there are more people online then on a WO server . I already made some friends :D

Edited by shamflam

:) our community is great. I am sure you will love it.

Have a wonderful time on our server.

• Like 1

Novus Blake Drake Fight and Rite of Spring Casting - This Weekend!

As the title says, we have unique fight this weekend to slay the Black Drake on the Novus server.  Immediately following this, the Vynora priests will link up and cast Rite of Spring to fill up all Vyn followers's sleep bonus bars!

Look forward to seeing everyone at the event this weekend!

Update

• Added the new recipes from the recipe contest.
  • Fixed a bug in a recipe causing an exploit.
  • Adjusted some creature killing bounties on all servers.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DiWorm said:

Nice online players cheat :D

hw6qaAL.png

We use an emty Login Server to prevent lag. If you have no idea, then do not comment.

20 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

We use an emty Login Server to prevent lag. If you have no idea, then do not comment.

Sure.. But...

tfANbtk.png

TYP6Raz.png

bMq3vZ3.png

GXgAzCP.png

6+1+32 != 66

6 minutes ago, DiWorm said:

Sure.. But...

tfANbtk.png

TYP6Raz.png

bMq3vZ3.png

GXgAzCP.png

6+1+32 != 66

You have still no idea there is a difference between a steamid player and a real player.

Have you ever tried to sum up the steamid joining to the login server, well it doesn't work very good, because the steamid is transfered to the real server.

We use the sum of all player counts over our servers, the other server use the steam id count. (Your server does it the same btw!!!)

You really have no idea about any technical background... How can you lead a server?

• Like 1

@DiWorm Steam only shows the number of active authentication tickets to that specific server.

If a player is on another server in the cluster - he won't count. If a player uses my anonymity mod - he won't count either. If a player logs in an alt... you get the idea.

• Like 1

Update

• It is no longer possible to block highway routing through deeds.
  • /seasons command will now appear in /help.
  • Rite of Spring should be fixed on all servers now.
  • GMs can now extract items from the mailing system to deal with bugged mails.
  • A bug with Skloso has been fixed.
  • Skloso's spells have been activated and are fully working now.
  • A bug in a recipe has been corrected.

Update

• Added some preparations for a secret project coming soon.
  • Dark messenger (Skloso spell) mailboxes now can be used by any kingdom.
  • Increased some security mesaures.
  • Fixed a critical problem causing a log overflow.