Hello!  I am new to Wurm Unlimited and have very limited experience with Sandbox games.  I created my own lan server and played on my own for a few days.  I have been following tutorials from a guy called Gamester4life on youtube: https://youtu.be/B2eOkefwo7g Its helped me  get a basic understanding of the game.  I've still got a heck of a lot to learn.  I've decided i'm ready to join other players and set up on a pve server.  I've chosen this server and I hope to meet you all on there someday.  Exiting times ahead!  I am Helstur ingame.

• Like 1

Hello!  I am new to Wurm Unlimited and have very limited experience with Sandbox games.  I created my own lan server and played on my own for a few days.  I have been following tutorials from a guy called Gamester4life on youtube: https://youtu.be/B2eOkefwo7g Its helped me  get a basic understanding of the game.  I've still got a heck of a lot to learn.  I've decided i'm ready to join other players and set up on a pve server.  I've chosen this server and I hope to meet you all on there someday.  Exiting times ahead!  I am Helstur ingame.

Thanks for choosing us :)

We are happy to welcome you.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

Update:

• Grass data fix
  • Spawned some flowers
  • Grass should now grow
  • "Vegetarian" animals should now be able to eat from ground tiles more properly
  • Like 1

voted! and just wanted to say this is an awesome server, i hop on when i can , buts its super easy to get into and get started, you can get on a horse right away and get a cart made with no trouble. all the other features are fantastic. i even farmed stuff!

ofc i would notice that the natural substance timer is 18 seconds for mixing covers x)

Thanks Aum nice to see another "big" player happy on our server :)

ofc i would notice that the natural substance timer is 18 seconds for mixing covers x)

Yeah we are sorry but the file makes some problems when we reverse it. A game breaking bug is appearing atm with the timer change. So we had to postpone this part of the update. Sorry.

Upcoming Update: (NO ETA)

• Increased favor gain
  • Mailing costs will be removed
  • Hitching fence mod will be added
  • Mushrooms will fit into Food Storage Bins
  • Digging, flattening and leveling near trees will be possible
  • Fix for boat speeds
  • Timers for mixing, milling and so on will be decreased over the next updates
  • Wagons will get passenger seat finally
  • Fight skill decrease on death fix
  • Fix for newbie items on death
  • Like 2

Sklotopolis mentioned by FactionalFight

We want to say thank you to the guys at FactinalFight for mentioning us in one of their live streams :) Everytime happy to hear people loving our features.

Check them out, they are doing a really great job on YouTube.

Minute 2:30 short discussion about Sklotopolis.

• Like 2

This server is great!

Good people playing, attentive admins/Gm's.

And from what you can tell from the update posts, They make some great changes.

:lol:

• Like 1

Any new updayes on the PVP server? I would prefer to drop a deed on a pvp server and gain skills there rather then droping a deed  then disbanning later on PVE :)

Hehe do we have 50 players on peak times yet :P ?

We will start working on a PVP server when we reach about 50 players on peak times, otherwhise PVP wouldn't make fun and wouldn't make much sense. So this would be our milestone. But feel free to help us making the server even more popular :)

In the meantime our main goal is adjusting a modloader and implementing it so we can bring updates a lot faster. With a properly implemented mod loader we could manage to bring updates 2-3 times a week instead of one time per week as it is now. So sorry to everyone that we have to postpone the updates a bit, RL is busy and the mod loader needs adjusting but we will get everything working soon :)

it's to bad you can't just make pvp zones on main server, reason i say this, i read some other server opened pvp, and lost a lot of population on main server due to it, leaves a lot of abandoned deeds , if the map is small no big deal. but a nice size map . those who don't pvp will get bored and lonely.  I'd hope for a small pvp map at first, and maybe use portals vs sailing over,  so folks would still live mainly on main server.   up to you though . best server by far , i intend to keep playing on.

I noticed today 37 ppl at peak time. Its going up woot ! I think i will log in and get my skills up in preparation for pvp server. I must say that i have looked at all of the other pvp servers and this one will be the best by far if all the settings will be the same.

Love what you have done so far. You have implemented settings that are not seen on other servers. Some of which i never thought were possible. Great Job !

Come one , come all to Sklotopolis, It is the best server out there !

Just started playing and love the fact that dirt drops to the ground. Does the same work for dredges? or did the volume of dredges get adjusted?

Dredging is currently a bit bugged. Which is already fixed but the fix is not live yet.

Thanks for the feedback :)

We are currently converting all our features into a mod based system. Many bugs have already been fixed, so be prepared for a new big release. RL is a bit busy for us in the weeks before Christmas but progress is happening :)

• Like 1

Long time Independence player.

Sklotopolis is highly recommended, very friendly players and staff, prompt to respond if you have a problem, join in conversations in GL chat too.

Feels like the game we all wanted Wurm to be. Feels less like a full time job and more like a game again! :D

Everyone should join Sklotopolis!

7 hours ago, Melketh said:

Long time Independence player.

Sklotopolis is highly recommended, very friendly players and staff, prompt to respond if you have a problem, join in conversations in GL chat too.

Feels like the game we all wanted Wurm to be. Feels less like a full time job and more like a game again! :D

Everyone should join Sklotopolis!

Exactly this is what we wanted to achieve! :)

Server has been restarted to prevent lags during the update convertion progress we are in atm.

[08:21:49] 52 other players are online. You are on Sklotopolis - free deeds|5x skill/actions|30k creat.|fast horses/boats|modded|100% free|4k map (53 totally in Wurm).

How about that pvp island now ;)

Congrats to Sklo and the GM's for making this server the best of the best ! Awesome job !

There are alts though :) but yes I think we are coming closer to where we want to be.

• Like 1

Event - Christmas Impalong

Currently a group of people on our server is planing an impalong from 28th to 30th of December 2015. The staff team will also be there and supporting this great event, there will be a small gifts for everyone who shows up there and takes part of this amazing event. :) Prepare for some fun fights and other special things too!!

I am really looking forward to it, so make sure you don't, miss it!

Check it out here:

http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/thread/148/community-event-castle-dour-christmas

Progress

90% of our converting progress is already finished and we also added new features during converting.

So prepare for a HUGE update in the next weeks followed by a greater amount of smaller updates, as the new mod loader is working great. We now can update much more faster :)

• Like 2

Just a question, is there some sort of protection from players highway spamming for silver.

Personally I build highways everytime a new server in wurm online opens, and I don't see it being much different with Unlimited, so this will benefit me.   But what's to stop someone from building 8 more highways that go to the same place(s) that I already built one for?

Also maybe in addition to paying for guard towers, you could offer some coin for improving them (additional guards).

This is up to our Head GM Engineer who is really strict. Duplicated roads will not be paid, the location of the road must make sense.

Best server out there so far. 

A healthy and friendly community. Great staff and a perfect place to start out for new players.

We help new people in any way we can.

Join the Sklotopolis Army! :D

• Like 2

Tomorrow we have 2 Black hatchlings planned for an event! Come to the server and join the event :D