How deep is the dirt layer currently?

The rock layer is about 60-70 dirts deep, depends on the slope of the area.

Are you still planning to launch at 12:00am Sunday 1st November?  And what time zone is that, GMT+1?

Are you still planning to launch at 12:00am Sunday 1st November?  And what time zone is that, GMT+1?

Yes, we are on time and everything looks good. It is CET (GMT +1) Here is a countdown: http://www.webcountdown.de/?c=1446336000

Update:

• Priest penalties have been removed

• Raw meat fits into FSB now

Raw meat filets fit into FSB now

Raw fish fits into FSB now

Raw fish filets fit into FSB now

• Hot items can be put into bulks and bins now without needing to wait for cooling down

fsbmod895f.PNG

Edited by Sklo:D

awsome, looking forward to tomorrow. I better get lots of coffee to stay awake for the start ;)

Will give this a look :) and see if there are any town projects or something i can join in with!

Will give this a look :) and see if there are any town projects or something i can join in with!

Info: 

We are on time, everything is running smoothly and we will release in 1 hour from now on.

Get hyped!

Update: 

• Fixed a WU Bug where you couldn't withdraw money on the whole server.

Creature count increased to 40k (40% aggressive creatures)

Fixed the WU bug which prevented trees from growing and sprouting

We are ready!

g0z3nGO.jpg

You're gonna wind up getting DDOS'd by people trying to join, only to find out you're in maintenance mode :P

Edited by MacrosBlackD

Had a chat with the GM's.

After my first 10 minutes i found it a bit harsh beginning.

Everything turned out well after and i hope more people will join since they are really into Feedback and solutions.

*Edited after a nice talk*

Edited by Devily

[00:44:07] <Dominikk> we are happy to take every feedback we can get. And yes there will be something like starter deeds, we just need an idea how to handle that with keeping the control over the system :)\

I do see that u want control.

What i find weird is that forcing people to make roads to get a started deed i wasnt expecting that for a promising server like this.

Requirements for the road:

-paved with cobblestone

-at least 2 tiles wide

-at least 1 tile sand left and right 

-tiles next to eachother need to have the same slope

That is slavery not a fun way to earn silvers since you only get 1 silver every 60 tiles. This also means you need to do 60 tiles extra with sand. 

I had high hopes but this really tuned it down quicklyfor my opinion. Goodluck i supose.

Thanks for the feedback :) We will rework this system completely. Also we will give out free starter deeds soon.

Thanks for the feedback :) We will rework this system completely. Also we will give out free starter deeds soon.

Just spoke to Dominikk in private and heard the new plans/ new idea's.

Im sorry for my harsh feedback but i kinda finded it a very bummer idea :P.

Im a builder and i want to let people see creations what u can do in wurm. Im willing to spend alot of time into WU but not with slavery :P

I will just continue to play atm until we get free starter deed.

Things we will look into tomorrow:

• leveling more like mining
  • starter deeds
  • fair money distribution
  • creature amount

Thanks for all the feedback :)

Edited by Sklo:D

I know this won't be a popular opinion amongst the majority of people on the server, but I'd at least like to cast my opinion on the matter. I do enjoy having to earn the coin to get your first settlement. I feel it gives me a goal to strive for when first getting started on the server. So my vote is for keeping it.

Of even less of a popular opinion, but one I hold due to playtime constraints is direct monetization. 

A server that is professionally operated with a staff that behaves in a neutral unbiased fair manner towards all players, friends or not and features modifications that provide the playstyle that is sought after is something that I would put real money towards.  

This may very well be an epic WU server, however for my group grinding for several hours for silver isn't really clicking for me. I play WU servers to escape the grind back home on WO. I hope there will be some type of starter money to allow people to set up deeds. When that happens, we will be back. Best of luck until then. 

• Like 1

I also came to this server as a result of the original post indicating your starting deed would be provided, however it seems that was changed at some point near release. I know you guys said you were going to put it back in, so just checking in on the status of that. Thanks.

Superguy

I know this won't be a popular opinion amongst the majority of people on the server, but I'd at least like to cast my opinion on the matter. I do enjoy having to earn the coin to get your first settlement. I feel it gives me a goal to strive for when first getting started on the server. So my vote is for keeping it.

i don't have a problem with that either. I don't need to deed right away BUT if you want to keep the server populated you should give people some sort of starter deed otherwise not many people will join your server. Looking the last posts this seems a huge concern for many people joining.

Can you give each account 10 silver (or an amount equal to the average deed cost) and make it untradeable? That would be the easiest solution.

If I'm not too horribly mistaken, they're looking at limiting you to 5x5 free, limited to one per steam account. It takes some time to dig through the code and make the changes and test them without horribly breaking things.