Sklo:D

Sklotopolis - (Brand New) Pristine Server - Fresh Start

540 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Having trouble connecting to the server today. 

Been trying for about 1/2 hour and it just hangs at "connecting to server", is anything wrong? I was able to connect and play no problems the past few days.

Edited by coffeene

45 minutes ago, coffeene said:

Having trouble connecting to the server today. 

Been trying for about 1/2 hour and it just hangs at "connecting to server", is anything wrong? I was able to connect and play no problems the past few days.

We have pushed Wurm Unlimited to it's limits. There are problems with the steam authentication checks.

This is a Workaround: http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/thread/2355/occuring-problems-connecting-novus

Update 

Updated to WU 1.5.0.1

Fixed some broken mods.

Sorry for the delay but we also need to sleep at least a few hours every day.

Any eta on when Novus will be back up?

Happened in the middle of the night again, yayy. It was again steam creating huge troubles at so high player counts. Seems like WU was never designed to run at such high player counts. Sorry.

Server is up again.

Edited by Sklo:D

Connecting... Problem Fix (Client Mod)

We have discovered a bug with steam authentication in the Wurm Unlimited Client and published a CLIENT MOD to fix the problems we had with getting stuck on Connecting.... (to the server Novus mainly)

Install this client mod and things should be better please leave feedback.
https://github.com/Goldenflamer/WU-ClientMod-ConnectingFix/releases/tag/v0.1-beta

Yesterday we set a new record in players online at once with 201 accounts logged into Sklotopolis. Even more amazing is that this happend mideweek and not during primetime on the weekend.

[20:23:41] 145 players on this server. (201 totally in Wurm)

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for choosing our server and making this such an amazing time for all of us! Looking forward for the first dragon slayings on Novus. :D

Edited by Engineer

well i  can  top that, today i looked at the server list, and saw you had 235 people, online, not sure if that was double alts or what it was, but bugger me, why is your server so popular?? seriously 235-240???

1 hour ago, ozmods said:

well i  can  top that, today i looked at the server list, and saw you had 235 people, online, not sure if that was double alts or what it was, but bugger me, why is your server so popular?? seriously 235-240???

Well it was a combination of great timing and luck. With Novus opening we had more players due to the hype about the new world and then the humble bundle went for sale.

This brought us about 1500 new accounts within the last 8 days. Our player count uses the Serverplayeralt count which is showing the combined accounts of all 4 servers, bear in mind that this is the same mod as any other server uses so we don't have any advantages or faked numbers compared to the other servers.

We also concentrated for 6 months on improving the first 24 hours of gameplay on our server, we have horse eggs, information windows and a lots of other stuff to make starting on our server very easy, without breaking the game.

1 person likes this

Great, i popped on to your server for  A perve today lol, i wasnt sure where i was supposed to go, i just wanted to find a plot of land to live on, but got confused, so i left lol

19 minutes ago, ozmods said:

Great, i popped on to your server for  A perve today lol, i wasnt sure where i was supposed to go, i just wanted to find a plot of land to live on, but got confused, so i left lol

Please read the introduction, there is nothing complicated you need to take care of. You choose a server and start to find a spot to live.

Use the /gps command to see your current location including a livemap URL.

Novus is booming

The first 10 days on Novus are over and it is going huge. There was so much hype around us, thank you for being part of us.

B4xyYAg.jpg

CYLLIge.jpg