Having trouble connecting to the server today. 

Been trying for about 1/2 hour and it just hangs at "connecting to server", is anything wrong? I was able to connect and play no problems the past few days.

Edited by coffeene

45 minutes ago, coffeene said:

Having trouble connecting to the server today. 

Been trying for about 1/2 hour and it just hangs at "connecting to server", is anything wrong? I was able to connect and play no problems the past few days.

We have pushed Wurm Unlimited to it's limits. There are problems with the steam authentication checks.

This is a Workaround: http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/thread/2355/occuring-problems-connecting-novus

Update 

Updated to WU 1.5.0.1

Fixed some broken mods.

Sorry for the delay but we also need to sleep at least a few hours every day.

Happened in the middle of the night again, yayy. It was again steam creating huge troubles at so high player counts. Seems like WU was never designed to run at such high player counts. Sorry.

Server is up again.

Edited by Sklo:D

Connecting... Problem Fix (Client Mod)

We have discovered a bug with steam authentication in the Wurm Unlimited Client and published a CLIENT MOD to fix the problems we had with getting stuck on Connecting.... (to the server Novus mainly)

Install this client mod and things should be better please leave feedback.
https://github.com/Goldenflamer/WU-ClientMod-ConnectingFix/releases/tag/v0.1-beta

Yesterday we set a new record in players online at once with 201 accounts logged into Sklotopolis. Even more amazing is that this happend mideweek and not during primetime on the weekend.

[20:23:41] 145 players on this server. (201 totally in Wurm)

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for choosing our server and making this such an amazing time for all of us! Looking forward for the first dragon slayings on Novus. :D

Edited by Engineer

well i  can  top that, today i looked at the server list, and saw you had 235 people, online, not sure if that was double alts or what it was, but bugger me, why is your server so popular?? seriously 235-240???

1 hour ago, ozmods said:

well i  can  top that, today i looked at the server list, and saw you had 235 people, online, not sure if that was double alts or what it was, but bugger me, why is your server so popular?? seriously 235-240???

Well it was a combination of great timing and luck. With Novus opening we had more players due to the hype about the new world and then the humble bundle went for sale.

This brought us about 1500 new accounts within the last 8 days. Our player count uses the Serverplayeralt count which is showing the combined accounts of all 4 servers, bear in mind that this is the same mod as any other server uses so we don't have any advantages or faked numbers compared to the other servers.

We also concentrated for 6 months on improving the first 24 hours of gameplay on our server, we have horse eggs, information windows and a lots of other stuff to make starting on our server very easy, without breaking the game.

• Like 1

Great, i popped on to your server for  A perve today lol, i wasnt sure where i was supposed to go, i just wanted to find a plot of land to live on, but got confused, so i left lol

19 minutes ago, ozmods said:

Great, i popped on to your server for  A perve today lol, i wasnt sure where i was supposed to go, i just wanted to find a plot of land to live on, but got confused, so i left lol

Please read the introduction, there is nothing complicated you need to take care of. You choose a server and start to find a spot to live.

Use the /gps command to see your current location including a livemap URL.

Novus is booming

The first 10 days on Novus are over and it is going huge. There was so much hype around us, thank you for being part of us.

B4xyYAg.jpg

CYLLIge.jpg

• Like 1

This success is the reflection of a successfuly management of a server for over 2 years. Congratulations for maintaining alive the best WU server.

• Like 2

I just want to add to the Owner's thanks.  It is great to see so many new players joining us along for the ride.  You won't be disappointed by your experiences here.  The Sklo development team continues to push the limits of the game and their creativity by adding new features while trying to keep things balanced.  Our population has reached new highs recently and our support staff never ceases to amaze with legendary service to the players.  We are blessed to have such an amazing server and community!  Sklotopolis is the best WU server around in my opinion.  Thank you everyone involved for everything that you do to keep it that way!

• Like 2

Hi all

I'm one of the new players, been following the game for quite a while but finally jumped onboard with the Humble Bundle.

I'm pretty much lost and not sure what to do but enjoying playing and discovering on this server so much. 

I've already clocked 7 hours and here's to many more. Thanks for running such an awesome server. :)

Drakefall

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Drakefall said:

Hi all

I'm one of the new players, been following the game for quite a while but finally jumped onboard with the Humble Bundle.

I'm pretty much lost and not sure what to do but enjoying playing and discovering on this server so much. 

I've already clocked 7 hours and here's to many more. Thanks for running such an awesome server. :)

Drakefall

Hey, welcome to Sklotopolis and welcome to the wurm unlimited community.

The game is great but takes a huge amount of time to learn it. Best to watch some YouTube tutorials in the beginning, there is so much to learn!

• Like 1

Update

• You can now use /meditate and /mediation to see your meditation cooldown.
  • Distribution Boxes can now have different models.
  • Updated some URLs in the Infos tab.
  • Added custom PMK vendors who will sell all kind of PMK stuff.
  • Added rifts to Sklotopolis, more information about our rift system coming soon.
  • You will now receive karma as time bounty again.
  • Voting bounty has been increased as promised to 25c.
  • Sandstone veins on Novus and Caza have been fixed.
  • Missions on Novus should be fixed now.
  • Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:13 AM, Sophorino said:

This success is the reflection of a successfuly management of a server for over 2 years.

Although the timers and skill advancement are a bit slow for my taste I very much agree with you on this point. Sklo and crew are very attentive to the maintenance and progress of their server(s). Nice to see that they have not only lasted for almost 2 years (on Nov1) but continued to innovate with various improvements and mods to make their server(s) uniquely enjoyable. Well done! No doubt we will be singing Happy Birthday once again very soon to Sklotopolis, so I will save further remarks for that day.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I finally got around to making an account here just to say how much I am enjoying Sklotopolis and the new map, Novus :) I played for a couple months on another WU server then saw the announcement about Sklo launching a pristine map. The idea of everyone starting out as a newbie on a clean map was appealing, so I made a character and never went back. The community is awesome, the devs are active and the server mods are just right. The server is very newbie friendly so you can just jump in and start enjoying the game on your own (free) deed. If your play time is limited you can still progress, but yet its not so "easy mode" that you don't feel the thrill of accomplishment as you meet goals. There are a LOT of players around with numbers in excess of 200 frequently.

If you are new to the game or are just looking for a fresh start, come join us on Novus :D

• Like 1

Thanks for you nice feedback. Enjoy your time on Sklotopolis.

Novus First Uniques Slaying

This Saturday @ 8pm UTC.  Now we see if the new Novus players are strong enough to deal with these uniques.  Should be a lot of fun!  Hope to see you there!

• Like 1

Imagine to wake up and the first thing you see are 180 people standing outside your house :o

YQN38fr.jpg

• Like 3