Shield of the Gone

Gained at level 11

Wurzel (who first reached the level of Gone) had a chat with Rolf who said it's a constant buff that reduces damage and healing by 50%. See discussion for more details.

Rolf later said that the exact amount of damage reduction varies for different wounds. Rolf did not disclose further details.

Now since wu has launched many of us have been able to look at how various factors of dr are calculated, and while certain aspects of wu differ to the online mode, this has the exact same code as it shows like for like in either online or wu.

Now to the meat of this topic. As shown at the start of this topic rolf mentioned some weaknesses that may be inherent in sotg. However from the code, as far as we can see, there is none. A straight 50% across the board on all damage. So I propose that this be fixed. Apply some form of weaknesses to sotg.

• Like 3

"fix whats broken but if it's broken and we like it don't fix it"

No. 

I've always knew about Rolfs statement about Sotg and the various reduction depending on the wounds and those who trained for it should know too. 
I'm not one of the people who want Sotg nerfed but if he states it should work a certain way then he should make sure it does. 

Fix this.

• Like 1

Also considering that full heal works exactly the same on a sotg toon as it would on a character on a different meditation path or none, this aspect should also be considered bugged and be looked at

SOTG shouldn't stack with Smoke of Sol, or Continuum, neither should Champ Bonus.

throw that in there please.

• Like 1

SOTG shouldn't stack with Smoke of Sol, or Continuum, neither should Champ Bonus.

throw that in there please.

What's the highest DR you can get stacking something to a single resistance?

according to the code (from what im told), continuum is a flat 20% addition, smoke is an additive, and then you have SOTG, so you end up with 75%

To get a better picture of the snowball effect, grab all of that, throw it on a 99 faith priest in whatever influence (enemy/same) is needed for a CR buff, throw on self buffs for an additional CR buff such as truehit/excel, maybe throw on Chief/avenger bonus for an additional +3/+2, and while we are at it throw fo priests in the mix who fullheal people if you are on boats or heal 4 random wounds on land.

Lets also throw in high stats so they are very hard to shieldbash, and throw on drake or scale so they don't really ever slow down, and you still have all the other valrei item effects to throw in there too. Some people also need to realize that the more damage reduction you have, the harder it is to interrupt you, which basically means if you are a fo priest or anyone with a heal, you barely, if ever, get interrupted by means other than a shieldbash or a special move.

this all boils down to, particularly on chaos where nobody is far from a boat or gatehouse, if you die you're inexperienced or you're an idiot, either for a moment, or for an extended period of time.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

I think you're gonna get what you get on Wurm now as-is, and really if you want it different that is what Unlimited is for.  Right or not, fair or not.  

• Like 1

according to the code (from what im told), continuum is a flat 20% addition, smoke is an additive, and then you have SOTG, so you end up with 75%

I haven't looked at the code but when I was testing continuum/smoke ingame when I got them it was multiplicative, which would (on paper) come out to 64%   A 10 dmg hit with just gone combined with smoke/continuum would then be 7.2, I don't think it's a huge deal :l   A big deal was when you could get the 50-80% reduction from continuum for killing a cow, or 50% from smoke for the same thing

Some people also need to realize that the more damage reduction you have, the harder it is to interrupt you

Is this actually true according to the code for real?  Not a dig, just actually curious.  When I tank uniques (literally the only time I focus is uniques so it's the only time I'll notice) I'll lose focus for like a 2 dmg irritate.  Its like it uses raw hit strength for interupts or anything

[21:33:20] You lose some focus.

[21:33:20] The venerable red dragon hatchling hits you very hard in the neck and irritates it.

vs  a normal hit

[21:42:19] You lose some focus.

[21:42:19] The venerable red dragon hatchling bites you deadly hard in the top of the back and harms it.

I haven't looked at the code but when I was testing continuum/smoke ingame when I got them it was multiplicative, which would (on paper) come out to 64%   A 10 dmg hit with just gone combined with smoke/continuum would then be 7.2, I don't think it's a huge deal :l   A big deal was when you could get the 50-80% reduction from continuum for killing a cow, or 50% from smoke for the same thing

Is this actually true according to the code for real?  Not a dig, just actually curious.  When I tank uniques (literally the only time I focus is uniques so it's the only time I'll notice) I'll lose focus for like a 2 dmg irritate.  Its like it uses raw hit strength for interupts or anything

[21:33:20] You lose some focus.

[21:33:20] The venerable red dragon hatchling hits you very hard in the neck and irritates it.

vs  a normal hit

[21:42:19] You lose some focus.

[21:42:19] The venerable red dragon hatchling bites you deadly hard in the top of the back and harms it.

i dont mean focus, i notice i lose focus too, but ever since i got gone i noticed i haven't really ever had my spells interrupted outside of a shieldbash. I know personally i didn't look at the code for either of these, others told me about continuum, and I don't know of anyone who looked at interrupt timers in particular.

Edited by Propheteer