Sign in to follow this  
Takinshi

Shikaze Keybindings

I'm posting this in the deliverance thread knowing it's going to be tossed in some stupid public thread. I support my own kind, not anyone indiscriminately thus I despise the forum "organization". I'm making this for the people of deliverance, not the full wurm population. I don't feel up to the hassle of forum rule workarounds and stupid ###### like that. Regardless, I wish to share this with my neighbors of deliverance and the forums is where it would have to be done.

Edited by Takinshi

As someone who slave camps, I've found it incredibly irritating right clicking and missing the action command button incessantly. 'Tis an element that repels people from wurm from personal experience. I've decided to look into hotkeying at an appropriate level and I couldn't find anything suitable or worthwhile so I made this. 

Edited by Takinshi

I'm the type that likes to share with my own rather than covet secrets like many crusty wurm vets. I've started using this prototype and it has been very good so far. I'm sure that once I share it, the entire thing is going to be but I'm going to anyway. I haven't hit any hiccups or bugginess after I've revised it. 

Edited by Takinshi

Install: Add the Shikaze Keybinds folder to your â€¦>wurm>configs directory. Select it on configuration from startup and it should be good to go. I wouldn't know if it even works as of this point since I tinkered it into place on my current PC. I may be missing something. 

Edited by Takinshi

Use: This key binding relies heavily on X,C,V,B,N keys to occasionally include combining shift, alt or control with them. Pressing ALT 1-9 changes the commands that the XCVBN executes to a specific categoryALT+H lists the ALT+1-9 categories for you. I forget all the time so using that has been nice for me. SHIFT+H provides the X,C,V,B,N commands that are currently selected. I forget constantly and am using this a lot as well. 

Edited by Takinshi

Example:  

ALT+H  
[01:29:04] Unknown command: /Commands: 1-Crafting, 2-Combat, 3-Terraforming, 4-Forestry, 5-Mining, 6-Moving ######, 7-Farming, 8-Grassy_green-knees, 9-Priest.  
ALT+1, SHIFT+H  
[01:29:38] Unknown command: /X-Crafting, C-Add to crafting window, V-Improve, B-Combine, N-Recipies, SHIFT+X-Continue, SHIFT+C-Finish.  
ALT+8, SHIFT H  
[01:30:08] Unknown command: /X-Forage, SHIFT+X-Veggies, CTRL+X-Resources, ALT+X-Berries, C-Botanize, SHIFT+C-Seeds, CTRL+C-Herbs, ALT+C-Resources, V-Pick flower, B-Trim. 

Edited by Takinshi

As you can see, I'm trying to make this as user friendly as possible. Wurm sucks about user friendly which is probably intentional. This should make day to day tasks infinitely more comfortable, as well as help the other weirdos out there that like to play wurm with a controller. I only wish I could make it execute a command AND say something in the same bind. I.E. 

ALT+2 = -keybinds change to the combat keybinding- 
[00:00:00] Unknown command: /You begin to think about combat. 
ALT+7 = -keybinds change to the combat keybinding- 
[00:00:10] Unknown command: /You begin to think about crops and animals. 

I originally had them mapped into the same key that is binded but it caused it to go screwy. Likely occurring due to overlap.  

Edited by Takinshi

So far, I'm really enjoying the dig and craft commands. It makes it soo easy to pick up dirt, drop it, dig, flatten, etc. My default controls might feel weird at first, but once you get used to it, they are super comfortable. Q and E keys are still open for binding so if you have specific things that I don't, those would be good spots for them. I believe J is also open.  

Edited by Takinshi

I probably missed something or something up at some point so feel free to toss in tidbits of advice. I really appreciate them. Thank you Deliverance for being a gracious home to me.

Edited by Takinshi

Why are you using such painfull color for fonts? I wanted to read this topic, but it burns my eyes full of tears now. :/

• Like 3

Could you demand any more attention? eesh, someone condense and reformat that please!

Nice set up, could definitely help a few people out.

I have a pro gaming keyboard and mouse myself, so I've got extra key binds all over them. Definitely makes Wurm a lot easier once you forget what the right click menu's are.

...until you have to set permissions on things (kill me) >.<

• Like 1

Nice set up, could definitely help a few people out.

I have a pro gaming keyboard and mouse myself, so I've got extra key binds all over them. Definitely makes Wurm a lot easier once you forget what the right click menu's are.

...until you have to set permissions on things (kill me) >.<

LOL! WTB permission keybindings! XD

• Like 1