Sign in to follow this  
Ricowan

Inventory sorting

Hey guys, I'm having a hell of a time getting the client decompiled to the point that Netbeans can do anything with it, so I'm reaching out hoping that one of you who have already made some client mods can help.

What I'm looking for is to either get rid of the randomization that happens when you open any inventory windows, or an addition where the inventory is automatically sorted by name alphabetically.  This should apply to all branches in the tree view, too.  It looks like the "com\wurmonline\client\game\inventory" name space has all of the classes for this.  I'm not sure which class would need to be modified yet though.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

It already has NAME sort....and QL sort and DMG and WGT and IMP sorting, just click which column name you want to sort by.

No kidding??  Wow, you must be some kind of genius!

What part of "automatically" do you not understand?

My apologies for not reading EVERY word you write especially one that can be MISREAD grammatically to be asking for a button that automatically sorts your inventory rather than having to drag resort manually,   The UI clearly is not intuitive that those are click bars so even if you know that then someone reading it might not have realized they can do that.  So no need to be be a jerk about it all you needed to clairfy was you wanted a mod that clicks the sort name button for you every time you open the window.    

A better mod request would have been that it remembers that you clicked the sort name button (or other sort buttons) and maintains that sort even if you had added new items and not just when the window is opened.   That way if you are imping it constantly resorts itself or if you are shuffling inventory it resorts without having to open the window,  That way it will always resort with the column you prefer, which might change with what you are doing rather than hardcoding it to always resort by name.

In other words change the meaniing of the click headers to mean 'keep sorted' rather than 'sort now/.

Edited by yarnevk

Well, I'm pretty sure the randomization is deliberate coding to make it harder for bots to automate actions.  I'd rather remove that code than add new functionality on top, if that's what's actually happening.

Not sure if any more thoughts have gone into this, but I too would like a default sort order for all inventory (and alike) windows. The default order is just random nonsense, and it seems silly not to have things either sorted alphabetically by default or a setting to choose the default order. Remembering sort order per window may be a bonus, but that could get quite taxing to store the settings for every tile.

Bringing this out of the graveyard, did something about this ever change? why isn't there an option to sort items from a to z in game? Automatically I mean.