Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

Diggin it. For polar bear im thinking of making it it's own creature that spawns in the tundra. Thoughts? Planning to change Zebra spawn from sand tile to steppe.

Diggin it. For polar bear im thinking of making it it's own creature that spawns in the tundra. Thoughts? Planning to change Zebra spawn from sand tile to steppe.

Sounds great, Maybe make the Panda it's own creature too. and spawn it in some area that you don't see much, make it rare anyway

what are the spawn rates for the custom horses set at?

Custom horses are just horses with the traits custom1 - 10 applied to them. Horse spawn is still the same default value that it has always been. I have no intention to adjust spawn rates for existing creatures. Only the unique ones we add in.

Edited by Crowley

Custom horses are just horses with the traits custom1 - 10 applied to them. Horse spawn is still the same default value that it has always been. I have no intention to adjust spawn rates for existing creatures. Only the unique ones we add in.

ok so that explains why none of them spawned on an initial seed - we have to breed them into the critter pop. Or was it supposed to pick from the custom on seed? I can summon the customs just fine, they just didnt spawn on initial seed.

Edited by sunsvortex

ok so that explains why none of them spawned on an initial seed - we have to breed them into the critter pop. Or was it supposed to pick from the custom on seed? I can summon the customs just fine, they just didnt spawn on initial seed.

I'm not sure to be honest. WO used to have only grey horses as wild horses, so based on that you would have to breed them in. But recently I have seen all the different kinds in the wild right from server start. I might try starting a new server and see what I get from the start.

Ok, just checked a new server. from the +/-100 horses I found I saw 2 golden and one brown horse. So yes as long as breeding them works (I haven't tested it) you will have to breed them to get the new horses.

Zebra's seem to spawn right from the start

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody

This is mod

install multi Server OK?

Yes multi Server should work (but only people who added it to their client will see the new textures, everyone else will just see the regular horses)

Thank you for making these. I can haz the ocelot as a pet?

Pretty sure it acts the same as the mountain lion so you should be able to tame it

Looks great. Can someone host not on FileDropper? That page has cancer.

Ok, I did some testing on the breeding.

It looks like it picks the first texture in line on the trait list. so for example: 

traits:

brown
gold
white

black
custom1
custom2

If it has more than one trait, brown and gold for example. the brown one will show because it's the first one. If it has gold and custom1 the gold one will show.

So in order for custom1 to show you have to breed a horse that has no brown gold white or black in it's traits (so pretty much a grey horse with one of the new textures in its traits.

So you can breed them just fine but they are a bit rare. Thats a good thing in my opinion

Looks great. Can someone host not on FileDropper? That page has cancer.

Filedropper works fine for me, what do you like to use?

Ok, I did some testing on the breeding.

It looks like it picks the first texture in line on the trait list. so for example: 

traits:

brown

gold

white

black

custom1

custom2

If it has more than one trait, brown and gold for example. the brown one will show because it's the first one. If it has gold and custom1 the gold one will show.

So in order for custom1 to show you have to breed a horse that has no brown gold white or black in it's traits (so pretty much a grey horse with one of the new textures in its traits.

So you can breed them just fine but they are a bit rare. Thats a good thing in my opinion

That seems strange. With that logic, other than using the GM tool, there would be no way for a custom to spawn in order to breed it. Im pretty sure colors are supposed to be random with foals.

From the WO wiki: "The horse's color from birth is determined based on 1/3 by the mother, 1/3 by the father, and 1/3 by random."

Definitely going to look into this more.

• Like 1

That seems strange. With that logic, other than using the GM tool, there would be no way for a custom to spawn in order to breed it. Im pretty sure colors are supposed to be random with foals.

From the WO wiki: "The horse's color from birth is determined based on 1/3 by the mother, 1/3 by the father, and 1/3 by random."

Definitely going to look into this more.

They are now starting to spawn in. I had upped the creature amount from 15k(Initial spawn amt) to 25k and let it run for a while. I have customs spawning in now.

• Like 1

work in progress

q0xdwoV.jpg?1

Edited by damine
  • Like 5

Fell off my chair laughing.  :lol:

Nice Job!

Looks great with barding

gDY4JoP.png

Maine Coon and Panda added! Maine Coon spawns just like the wildcat at the same rate. Pandas like to spawn by trees and in caves at a rate just below brown bears. Zebras prefer to spawn at the steppe now instead of around sand.

MoreAnimalsMod_1.3.1

*This release includes custom horse textures that may differ from your chosen and preferred textures.

Side notes:

Its time to start thinking of a new way to release this mod. As you can imagine, if / when another mod comes along that changes the same files as this one, that mod will completely override this one and vice versa. We need to make this mod a "standalone", meaning that it consist of it's own classes that extend the current ones. This way it would be easy to uninstall, would be more likely to get along with other mods, and would make it possible for players to pick and choose which new creatures they want. Edit* Looks like ago's mod launcher should do the trick.

Breeding needs lots of testing. I plan to add a way to force labor so we can instantly pop out foals and get results.

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 1

Maine Coon and Panda added! Maine Coon spawns just like the wildcat at the same rate. Pandas like to spawn by trees and in caves at a rate just below brown bears. Zebras prefer to spawn at the steppe now instead of around sand.

MoreAnimalsMod_1.3.1

*This release includes custom horse textures that may differ from your chosen and preferred textures.

Side notes:

Its time to start thinking of a new way to release this mod. As you can imagine, if / when another mod comes along that changes the same files as this one, that mod will completely override this one and vice versa. We need to make this mod a "standalone", meaning that it consist of it's own classes that extend the current ones. This way it would be easy to uninstall, would be more likely to get along with other mods, and would make it possible for players to pick and choose which new creatures they want. Edit* Looks like ago's mod launcher should do the trick.

Breeding needs lots of testing. I plan to add a way to force labor so we can instantly pop out foals and get results.

So for using Ago's mod launcher, you would still have to redo the way this mod is put together right? Starting to go a little above my knowledge :)

So far the best way for testing breeding I found is to go into the database and change all pregnant horses to 0 days. seems to speed it up a lot. But instant would be nice

*The butchered file for panda is missing

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody