Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

yep, ill definately be using the textures. Your doing a great job on them so im definately going to stick them in as long as you make and release them.

Getting control of the spawn rate should not be too difficult,. I havent looked at it much as im in Blender most of the time these days but it seems to me that if you emulate what Ago is doing or base everything on a mod loader of some sort, then you should be able to expose some controls to handle individual spawn rates.

Also Im not certain i would release them in packs and stick to releasing individually, at least at first, so people can pick which ones they want to put in. Once you have something in place that gives people control over the ones they want in and not in, then start releasing in packs. Just my opinion on it though.

I set the rate for zebra to spawn at the same rate as bulls. This was a pretty random choice but from my test it seems about right. The settings I had previously where for zebras to spawn at the rate as horses. Which resulted in too many zebras, imo. Gotta remember that horses spawn in different colors which offers a variety, while zebras do not. All the changes I make are open for test and criticisms. Nothing has to be final.

With the next release when I implement the custom horse templates. It will be very easy for players to choose which new horses they want and which they don't. This wont apply to new animals though like the Ocelot and Zebra. 

• Like 2

With the next release when I implement the custom horse templates. It will be very easy for players to choose which new horses they want and which they don't.

Awesome

Custom horses are here! 

MoreAnimalsMod_1.2.0

What it means:

• Added 10 new horse color possibilities
  • Gave them generic names (custom 1-10)
  • Simply replace any Horse_custom[1 - 10]_512.png with the texture of your choice
  • Never again worry about replacing existing horses! (unless you have 10 custom textures then I'll add more ;))
  • Foals and corpses use the same texture, replace it once and your good!

Updates

• Ride-able Zebras
  • Zebra spawn count reduced

To do

• Test the changes we have made so far (Please report bugs!)
  • Document changes made
  • Fix bugs
  • Like 1

This is amazing, I can't wait to try this! Thank you for making this mod! :D

Just some quick ingame SS before i waste this server. Nicely done!

tIlMKnP.png

m0FUUg6.png

ylfcQNO.png

• Like 2

Now if we could take the hides of those special horses and make covers for our beds or rugs out of them that would be cool :-) If a little gross perhaps hehe!

If you are looking for more reskin suggestions ....

Giant Black Widow

SpookieSpider-425.jpg

Also I would love to see in WINTER seasons, the wolves and bears have white fur and be VERY hard to see in the snow!

If possible drop "artic fur" for some later crafting mod, meantime works same as reg fur for beds etc. 

10460215-368-k695436.jpg

Since CHAMPION scaled size up, maybe scale DOWN and reskin a wolf into a small grey fox with very low aggression ' high flee  settings?

Patagonian-Grey-Fox-Dusicyon-Culpaeus-16

Also some snAKE reskins that tones down the anaconda behavior into something not so terrifyingly terrible

4579045698_255x188.jpg f4a3f7a1e99b9dead179467fb7016017.jpg 4605346_f260.jpg

Also reskins maybe of "savannah gorilla" and "savannah hyena" and make non-diety versions? They would go well with zebra and ocelot for someone to make a SAVANNAH WORLD map

180px-Hyena.jpg 450px-Gorilla.jpg

panda & polar bears

thumb_wide_300.jpg

Mastiff

3748a78e444e0e143101e5d6d2d84418.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Added the ability for GM's to set custom1-10 and marchador color traits for horses. Useful for testing. Not yet included in the mod.

Screenshot: 

6FnOzgJ.jpg

From now on I will edit my post on page 1 with update details.

Edited by Crowley

Question: What happens if I add these to my server and someone joins who doesn't have the mod? How do the creatures appear to them on their client?

right click the graphic.jar and click "open with winrar"

Then navigate to creatures/horse

Now drag your new texture right into that window and click ok

Let it do its thing

LW2TVRa.jpg?1

Edited by damine
  • Like 1

sine its hallloween in Wo any chance we can  take those animals reskins and make them actual animals   and the lamps have there own version seperate from normal we can make IE umpkin lamps, that way we can have a setup year round?

Question: What happens if I add these to my server and someone joins who doesn't have the mod? How do the creatures appear to them on their client?

Looks like they show up like regular horses

This is spectacular!

Some ideas:

Pink Unicorns

Evil Unicorns

Spawning zombie mobs

Different breeds of dog. (Labrador? Dalmatian?)

Spider that gives venom wounds.

New types of snakes. (Copperhead? Coral snake?)

New types of cows. (Hereford? Belted? Brangus? Charolis?)

New types of chicken/rooster (Australorp? Leghorn?)

retextured lava fiend (ice fiend? water fiend? venom fiend?)

retextured lava spiders (ice spiders? etc)

New types of pigs (black pig? Hell pig?)

New big cats using mountain lion model. (Hellcats?)

Domestic cats using wildcat model.

New turtles using tortoise model. (Make them ridable)

Edited by ArowhunTheOld
  • Like 1

sine its hallloween in Wo any chance we can  take those animals reskins and make them actual animals   and the lamps have there own version seperate from normal we can make IE umpkin lamps, that way we can have a setup year round?

You can spawn them as a gm, so i'm sure someone could attach the code to a recipe.

Can this be used to give cattle coat variations?  That would make my day.

I'll probably make some soon

Added the ability for GM's to set custom1-10 and marchador color traits for horses. Useful for testing. Not yet included in the mod.

Screenshot: 

6FnOzgJ.jpg

From now on I will edit my post on page 1 with update details.

Does this mean that if I have for example 2 grey horses and they get a baby I could get a custom5 foal?

Now if we could take the hides of those special horses and make covers for our beds or rugs out of them that would be cool :-) If a little gross perhaps hehe!

I like that actually :)

Does this mean that if I have for example 2 grey horses and they get a baby I could get a custom5 foal?

I haven't tested breeding at all. I didn't do it much in WO either so I don't actually know how it usually works.

I haven't tested breeding at all. I didn't do it much in WO either so I don't actually know how it usually works.

Yeah I don't know a lot about it either, also not sure how to test it

Very nice. Latest patched build with the new GM tool and AbsolutelyNobody's fixed mappings.txt

If you already have custom horse textures installed with this mod, do not replace them with the textures included in this update! Unless you want to. This package also includes all the new horses.

MoreAnimalsMod_1.2.1

• Like 2