Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

You're right, really.  The original is a dark bay.  A regular bay is a softer brown, not as red, not as dark. LIke so 

equine-index_1.jpg

But you're right, they are so similar that it's kinda "meh".

Maybe I just like the texture you used  :lol:   It seems much higher quality.

If you find out how to ADD colors, THEN I'll be coming back with a long list ;)

I could make the horse a bit lighter, but besides that its pretty much the same :)

How does this look?

Tsv9tym.jpg?1

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody
  • Like 2

right click the graphic.jar and click "open with winrar"

Then navigate to creatures/horse

Now drag your new texture right into that window and click ok

Let it do its thing

When its done you can restart your client and you will have the new texture working

That's what I thought. I didn't realize it would take so long to process, I thought it wasn't working.

might wanna take a look at the creature.class file

I just can't figure out how to edit the files...can open them just fine :)

I think you found what OP had in mind when he talked about adding more horses in the Creature class. I think it would be cool to make the Zebra and other animals their own creatures so that we can add descriptions for them. For example:

createCreatureTemplate(64, "Horse", "Horses like this one have many uses.");

Would be kind of silly when examining a Zebra and you get things that say Horse. Also we could edit the method in CreatureTemplateCreator to manage the Zebra sounds and the model that it loads:

private static void createHorseTemplate(int id, String name, String longDesc, Skills skills)

throws IOException

{

skills.learnTemp(102, 25.0F);

skills.learnTemp(104, 20.0F);

skills.learnTemp(103, 40.0F);

skills.learnTemp(100, 7.0F);

skills.learnTemp(101, 7.0F);

skills.learnTemp(105, 22.0F);

skills.learnTemp(106, 5.0F);

skills.learnTemp(10052, 28.0F);

int[] types =

{ 7, 12, 41, 43, 3, 14,

9, 28, 32 };

CreatureTemplate temp = CreatureTemplateFactory.getInstance().createCreatureTemplate(id, name, longDesc,

"model.creature.quadraped.horse", types, (byte)1, skills, (short)3, (byte)0,

(short)180, (short)50, (short)250, "sound.death.horse", "sound.death.horse", "sound.combat.hit.horse", "sound.combat.hit.horse",

1.0F, 1.0F, 2.5F, 1.5F, 2.0F, 0.0F, 1.5F, 100,

new int[] { 307, 306, 140, 71, 309, 308 },

5, 0);

temp.setMaxAge(200);

temp.setChildTemplateId(65);

temp.setBaseCombatRating(6.0F);

combatDamageType = 0;

temp.setAlignment(100.0F);

temp.setHandDamString("kick");

temp.setArmourType(6);

isHorse = true;

temp.setMaxPercentOfCreatures(0.07F);

}

I think you found what OP had in mind when he talked about adding more horses in the Creature class. I think it would be cool to make the Zebra and other animals their own creatures so that we can add descriptions for them. For example:

createCreatureTemplate(64, "Horse", "Horses like this one have many uses.");

Would be kind of silly when examining a Zebra and you get things that say Horse. Also we could edit the method in CreatureTemplateCreator to manage the Zebra sounds and the model that it loads:

private static void createHorseTemplate(int id, String name, String longDesc, Skills skills)throws IOException{skills.learnTemp(102, 25.0F);skills.learnTemp(104, 20.0F);skills.learnTemp(103, 40.0F);skills.learnTemp(100, 7.0F);skills.learnTemp(101, 7.0F);skills.learnTemp(105, 22.0F);skills.learnTemp(106, 5.0F);skills.learnTemp(10052, 28.0F);int[] types ={ 7, 12, 41, 43, 3, 14,9, 28, 32 };CreatureTemplate temp = CreatureTemplateFactory.getInstance().createCreatureTemplate(id, name, longDesc,"model.creature.quadraped.horse", types, (byte)1, skills, (short)3, (byte)0,(short)180, (short)50, (short)250, "sound.death.horse", "sound.death.horse", "sound.combat.hit.horse", "sound.combat.hit.horse",1.0F, 1.0F, 2.5F, 1.5F, 2.0F, 0.0F, 1.5F, 100,new int[] { 307, 306, 140, 71, 309, 308 },5, 0);temp.setMaxAge(200);temp.setChildTemplateId(65);temp.setBaseCombatRating(6.0F);combatDamageType = 0;temp.setAlignment(100.0F);temp.setHandDamString("kick");temp.setArmourType(6);isHorse = true;temp.setMaxPercentOfCreatures(0.07F);}

Looks like you are getting somewhere with it. What program are you using to compile them back to class files after you open them?

And would be awesome for sure if we could just make it it's own creature for sure

Looks like you are getting somewhere with it. What program are you using to compile them back to class files after you open them?

And would be awesome for sure if we could just make it it's own creature for sure

That's the issue. I cant compile them because of errors created when decompiling. Alexgopen was apparently successful doing it. I asked in his thread how it was done, awaiting reply.

I could make the horse a bit lighter, but besides that its pretty much the same :)

How does this look?

Tsv9tym.jpg?1

I think he  is lovely ^_^ so many beautiful ponies! 

And ... I lmow its not ANIMALS which kinda spoils the theme we have running here .. But you know what have been needing some LOVE??

The simple stock bed: There must be a way to put a homemade quilt on that!

Or at least a flannel plaid mattress

Bed.png

I suck at art but something more like this:

bed2.jpg

bed1.jpg

It can be rustic and humble but there aint no call no how for being so UGLY!

Annnnnd speasking of NEW RUGS ... again, rustic and humble being the key words .... 

rug_01.jpg

rug_03.jpg

rug_04.jpg

And ... Tapestries? Recolored clothes?  

omg don't make my head explode!

head explodes anyway just trying NOT to think of it all ...

edit - I am sorry this is better as a separate post in REQUESTS so that your thread can concentrate on your mod and not on unrelated suggestions :)

You may have no interest and it puts you in an awkward position (which I did not intend), while some other modder might be interested if they think the idea is not already under consideration by someone 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

I think he  is lovely ^_^ so many beautiful ponies! 

And ... I lmow its not ANIMALS which kinda spoils the theme we have running here .. But you know what have been needing some LOVE??

The simple stock bed: There must be a way to put a homemade quilt on that!

Or at least a flannel plaid mattress

Bed.png

I suck at art but something more like this:

bed2.jpg

bed1.jpg

It can be rustic and humble but there aint no call no how for being so UGLY!

Annnnnd speasking of NEW RUGS ... again, rustic and humble being the key words .... 

rug_01.jpg

rug_03.jpg

rug_04.jpg

And ... Tapestries? Recolored clothes?  

omg don't make my head explode!

head explodes anyway just trying NOT to think of it all ...

edit - I am sorry this is better as a separate post in REQUESTS so that your thread can concentrate on your mod and not on unrelated suggestions :)

You may have no interest and it puts you in an awkward position (which I did not intend), while some other modder might be interested if they think the idea is not already under consideration by someone 

Definitely something that can be done. but not on the top of my list :)

Yeah I realized afterwards that it belongs in a new thread under REQUESTS, not stapled onto your mod, I just get carried away at times :P

cfr has some problems with certain classes (Communicator for example). It just created an empty method body with a stack trace as comment. Also there are tons of int to byte casting errors where constants were inlined.

Procyon to decompile

That works nicely, thank you! I finally figured out how to modify the class files. What I was doing before was attempting to decompile ALL the class files and recreate the project. This resulted in all sorts of errors and dependency issues. My solution was to create a project, within IntelliJ IDEA that includes the JAR files and only the decompiled classes I want to modify. That way I only need to worry about compiling a few files. Since the package includes the server.jar, common.jar, and the library jars there are no dependency issues.

It works and I was able to make changes to the CreatureTemplateCreator.class and test them in-game.

Here's what the project looks like for anyone interested in recreating it:

3ReVhPc.jpg

*Update*

Zebras are now their own creature and do not need to replace an existing horse. They load the Zebra model created by AbsolutelyNobody and I gave them their own description "Zebras like this on have many stripes". They can be spawned using the ebony wand as a GM. Not sure if they spawn naturally atm. Going to test more and add the other animals and then I'll release the mod files.

Screenshot: 

pI1N3hh.jpg

Edited by Crowley

cfr has some problems with certain classes (Communicator for example). It just created an empty method body with a stack trace as comment. Also there are tons of int to byte casting errors where constants were inlined.

Ty, saved me some aggravation. I had seen a couple people talking about it and was curious.

Zebras are now their own creature and do not need to replace an existing horse. They load the Zebra model created by AbsolutelyNobody and I gave them their own description "Zebras like this on have many stripes". They can be spawned using the ebony wand as a GM. Not sure if they spawn naturally atm. Going to test more and add the other animals and then I'll release the mod files.

Very Nice - looking forward to seeing the results.

This is now my favorite thread in the world.  I'll be watching this space for awesome model updates!

• Like 1

Now ... what about updating the models themselves? Are the meshes available to load into Blender or something to modify / improve along w/ the animations / skeletons?

Very Nice - looking forward to seeing the results.

Here you go. Mod files for public test, includes Ocelot and Zebra. They should spawn naturally when creating a new server. Not sure if they spawn after a server is populated. You can spawn them using GM wand. I haven't found a good way to add horse-types yet so Mangalarga Marchador not yet included.

MoreAnimalsMod

Edited by Crowley

Here you go. Mod files for public test, includes Ocelot and Zebra. They should spawn naturally when creating a new server. Not sure if they spawn after a server is populated. You can spawn them using GM wand. I haven't found a good way to add horse-types yet so Mangalarga Marchador not yet included.

MoreAnimalsMod

Awesome - ill plug it in as soon as I am home from work and give it a spin.

Now ... what about updating the models themselves? Are the meshes available to load into Blender or something to modify / improve along w/ the animations / skeletons?

They are in the client file. I'm just not really good at changing those :)

MoreAnimalsMod

Nice, I'll go give them a try

They are in the client file. I'm just not really good at changing those :)

The client file? As in the client.jar or something under the client install? Sorry, haven't looked much at the source code for any of this.

The client file? As in the client.jar or something under the client install? Sorry, haven't looked much at the source code for any of this.

\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\packs

And then it is in the graphics file

Each creature file has its own folder for the models

MoreAnimalsMod

Seems to work great, just not sure about riding a zebra...didn't work for me somehow

Seems to work great, just not sure about riding a zebra...didn't work for me somehow

Looks like ride isn't even an option. I'll look into that. Also you should totally make a centaur.

what program are you using to compile? I'm using bytecode viewer, it seems to work but can't compile creature.class for some reason. works fine on the other .class files