Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

10 hours ago, bigsteve said:

is your client downloading the creature serverpack???

Check your console

Will look something like

[10:07:36 AM] INFO ModComm: Handshake response received, server protocol version is 1, 1 channels activated
[10:07:36 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Got server pack A0553A65523FE3159852CCAF022C54E021E81492 (http://***.***.***.***:27057/packs/A0553A65523FE3159852CCAF022C54E021E81492)
[10:07:36 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Added server pack A0553A65523FE3159852CCAF022C54E021E81492

Nope, that's not there.

It says "WARNING" -- creaturedemo downloaded server class creature types upon phase init.

Further inspection revealed it's also giving a warning about the creatureAge mod also downloading the server class template IDs during phase configure.

So how to make it download the proper creature packs / etc?

Edited by Fizziepop

Have u setup the server packs mod with your settings, IP address, port, etc.

5 hours ago, bigsteve said:

Have u setup the server packs mod with your settings, IP address, port, etc.

Nope! I must have missed the instructions somewhere -- searched through all 17 pages and couldn't find any, so I'm just trying to figure it out.

How to do that? Do I use the same settings as the server seems to have come up with?

You need to install this mod, and serverpacks mod (comes with modloader zip) on the server.

You need to install the client-side version of serverpacks mod (comes with client modloader zip) on the client.

You do not need to install this mod on the client.

If this is an online server, make sure that the port in serverpacks.properties is accessible from the internet. Clients will connect to the same IP as your server has in it's External IP setting, unless you change that in the propertires file. You probably don't need to touch the other settings in there unless you have some weird network setup.

1 hour ago, bdew said:

You need to install this mod, and serverpacks mod (comes with modloader zip) on the server.

You need to install the client-side version of serverpacks mod (comes with client modloader zip) on the client.

You do not need to install this mod on the client.

If this is an online server, make sure that the port in serverpacks.properties is accessible from the internet. Clients will connect to the same IP as your server has in it's External IP setting, unless you change that in the propertires file. You probably don't need to touch the other settings in there unless you have some weird network setup.

I installed the dedicated server (WUDS), then dragged the contents of the server modlauncher.zip into the WUDS folder, and ran the patcher.bat file.

Then I dragged the contents of the client modlauncher.zip into the WurmLauncher folder, and ran the patcher.bat file there too.

I also installed the JPWM_ModGuiManager (and have no idea what this does, but that's beside the point) by dragging its folder and .properties file into the WUDS/mods folder.

I put this mod (the folder and the .properties file) into the WUDS/mods file.

It's just not working for me yet and I don't know why.

Since then, I've also installed the white foals fix, hoping that would help me, to no avail.

Maybe I installed the server modloader wrong?

Were any files in there supposed to go elsewhere? Were there any other files I need to edit as well?

How to make sure a port is accessible?

edit:

I found the creaturepack.jar file in the serverpacks folder, it seems to have the new models listed in there. That's something... I think.

Edited by Fizziepop

Hang on a minute:

2 hours ago, bdew said:

I previously kept reading the client side modlauncher.

But you said serverpacks mod. I assume this goes into the client mods folder? I will try that now. **holds breath**

edit:

crash and burn. Downloaded the serverpacks mod seperately, installed it, still no luck.

edit#2:

YAYYYYYYY!!!

I hadn't downloaded the client side serverpacks mod, so I thought maybe I hadn't done that with the server side modlauncher either, so I did it, and OMG I see an ocelot!!

Thanks for the help!!!

**scuttles off to go find some new coloured horses...**

Edited by Fizziepop

Is there any chance someone could walk me through how to do this? :x

We have a server set up on my husband's desktop and he and I can see the zebra & panda on our laptops but other players cannot (they just see a white horse and cow despite having their clients set up with the serverpacks mod on the client side like ours.)

port 8787 needs to be forwarded on your router and opened on your firewalls.

Okay, I forwarded port 8787 on my router and opened it on my firewalls but still no luck with our players connecting with us online. They're still seeing zebras as white horses. :s

In the clients console are the packs being recognized and downloaded.

This is what they're both getting in their consoles:

[11:07:27 PM] INFO ModComm: Handshake response received, server protocol version is 1, 1 channels activated
[11:07:27 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Got server pack D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A (http://192.168.1.9:56834/packs/D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A)
[11:07:49 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Connection timed out: connect

(I made sure to open the following ports through our router and our firewalls, in addition to 8787 too:
8766 TCP/UDP
27016-27030 UDP
3724 TCP)

192.168.1.9 is a LAN IP

The servers serverpack config file needs to use the Inernet IP. I M not at my PC so cant be sure.

Okay, so this is what I'm looking at in the server packs:

classname=org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod
classpath=serverpacks.jar
#Set a fixed port. If no port is selected a random free port will be used
#serverPort=8787
# Use this to announce a different server name or IP address to the clients
# By default the setting "External Server IP Address" will be used for pack URLs
# This setting may be required when doing port forwarding in the router
#publicServerAddress=68.113.46.239
# Use this to announce a different server port to the client
# By default the serverPort or the automaticly choosen port will be used
# This setting may be required when doing port forwarding in the router
#publicServerPort=3724
# Sets a different address for the HTTP server to bind to. Can be 0.0.0.0 to
# bind to all interfaces. Default is external ip in server settings.
#internalServerAddress=

Have I set something up incorrectly? Or should I add something to it?

#serverPort=8787
#publicServerAddress=68.113.46.239

Remove the # from the beginning of these.

Sooo, new problem: None of the animals in the mod seem to be spawning on their own... Is there something I should be doing to fix that? :huh:

We need more hunting dogs, like my personal favorite the Dachshund!

Love u, k thx, bye now.

having a problem after updating to 1.3 please help..

Spoiler

[04:40:33 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone: No Creature template with id 2147483645
com.wurmonline.server.creatures.NoSuchCreatureTemplateException: No Creature template with id 2147483645
    at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.CreatureTemplateFactory.getTemplate(CreatureTemplateFactory.java:79)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.spawnCreature(Zone.java:1137)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.poll(Zone.java:752)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.pollNextZones(Zones.java:1815)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1840)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

[04:40:33 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone: No Creature template with id 2147483647
com.wurmonline.server.creatures.NoSuchCreatureTemplateException: No Creature template with id 2147483647
    at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.CreatureTemplateFactory.getTemplate(CreatureTemplateFactory.java:79)

etc etc keeps saying the same message...

having a problem after updating to 1.3 please help..

Spoiler

[04:40:33 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone: No Creature template with id 2147483645
com.wurmonline.server.creatures.NoSuchCreatureTemplateException: No Creature template with id 2147483645

[04:40:33 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone: No Creature template with id 2147483647
com.wurmonline.server.creatures.NoSuchCreatureTemplateException: No Creature template with id 2147483647

etc etc keeps saying the same message...

I removed this mod then updated my server to 1.3 now I keep getting this error

Spoiler

5 hours ago, EarthsDefect said:

I removed this mod then updated my server to 1.3 now I keep getting this error

Reveal hidden contents

Did you run the batcher file... ?? i use the mod with agos mods, and they work fine, even after the update... 

If you remove the mod then all extra creatures on your map are incomplete and produce that error. You'll have to remove them from the database to get rid of the errors or reactive the mod

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ago said:

If you remove the mod then all extra creatures on your map are incomplete and produce that error. You'll have to remove them from the database to get rid of the errors or reactive the mod

I've tried going through the db and deleting all the creatures the mod changes. like panda, zebra, horse, pig, eggs, hens, rooster, mountain lion, cow, bull, dog, husky, etc. only these 2 same IDs keep repeating. 

56 minutes ago, EarthsDefect said:

I've tried going through the db and deleting all the creatures the mod changes. like panda, zebra, horse, pig, eggs, hens, rooster, mountain lion, cow, bull, dog, husky, etc. only these 2 same IDs keep repeating. 

should only need to delete the already present panda, zebra and ocelot from the wurmcreatures.db to get rid of the [04:40:33 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone: No Creature template with id 2147483645 and the others like it. The others that it changes will revert back to old forms (pigs, hens, dogs, ect).

Edited by Governor