Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

2 hours ago, olafhairybreeks said:

Hi all, I've read other people have this problem, but I don't understand the solution! I installed the required mods from Ago (ie https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-released-client-mod-loader/ and https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133085-released-server-mod-loader-priest-crops-seasons-server-packs-bag-of-holding/)

in what I'm assuming is the right place! I now have a folder called 'Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server' which I can launch the game from (but not my old server for some reason. It doesn't particularly matter anyway.) I have the problem where pandas are cows! I unzipped the creature mod zip contents into that folder in a new folder I called 'mods'. Why aren't I seeing the new creatures right? How do I fix this? Please explain this as if I'm 5, I'm very confused about what I'm doing!

I just helped someone out with this yesterday, and in that case the properties file for the serverpacks mod was missing. They needed to delete serverpacks and re-download it to get a complete version. I guess maybe a slight interruption in internet might have caused it?  Anyway, make sure that you have the properties file for serverpacks in your WU Dedicated Server mods folder. 

If this is confusing to you, feel free to send me a PM and I can help try to figure it out for you.  I'm not a coder, so I understand how confusing it can be!

Thanks Batta! In my dedicated server folder, I have one thing with 'properties', that is a file called 'logging.properties'. I made a screenshot of this folder, in case it helps!

C>Program Files 86>Steam>steamapps>common>Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server

Pxc4DqI.png

Honestly, I'm wondering if I did it wrong. I'm not sure how I'd uninstall serverpacks looking at this!

1 hour ago, olafhairybreeks said:

Thanks Batta! In my dedicated server folder, I have one thing with 'properties', that is a file called 'logging.properties'. I made a screenshot of this folder, in case it helps!

Honestly, I'm wondering if I did it wrong. I'm not sure how I'd uninstall serverpacks looking at this!

I see that your modlauncher is in this location, and as long as you used the server modlauncher for this, it is the right location. 

There are two different serverpacks mods that you need, to see the special creatures.  One is for the server, one for the client.

For the server:

Make sure you used the server version, which you can find here:  https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.40

The server one goes here:  Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods

You need to have a folder there named serverpacks, with serverpacks.jar inside it and nothing else.

Outside of that folder, you need to have serverpacks.properties

I think you also need to have the httpserver mod also in that location (folder with .jar, and httpserver.config, and httpserver.properties) though I don't configure mine so I'm not sure.

After installing these, run (double-click) the patcher.bat file in this location.

For each client:

Make sure you use the client version, which you can find here:  https://github.com/ago1024/WurmClientModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.10.1

The client one goes here:  Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\mods

You need to have a folder there named serverpacks, with serverpacks.jar inside it and nothing else.

Outside of that folder, you need to have serverpacks.properties

After installing this, run the patcher.bat file in this location.

Note that there are two separate serverpacks, and each needs to be patched.

I hope this helps!  

Edited by Batta

Hi Batta, thanks for replying again! I had got some bits missing, not sure how I did that. Hopefully everything is in the right place now... In the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server

folder, in 'mods' I now have the 'serverpacks' folder and 'serverpacks.properties'. In the Wurm Unlimited Wurm Launcher folder in 'mods' I now have the different 'serverpacks' folder and 'serverpacks.properties'. I have run the patcher.bat for both. Where does the 'creaturemod' folder and 'creaturemod.properties' go? Apologies for slow replies on my part, I have to tackle this when my brain is empty of fluff.

4 hours ago, olafhairybreeks said:

Where does the 'creaturemod' folder and 'creaturemod.properties' go?

They go here:  Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods 

Welp, it didn't go well! For some reason the 'Wurm Server Launcher-Patched' doesn't launch the server. I get the box that comes up with all the white text on black background (sorry, I don't know the proper name for this) and then nothing happens. I tried launching through Steam as before, but clicking the 'use dedicated server' box. This launched the server, but the creatures mod doesn't seem to work. I know as I logged out near a panda-cow last time, and on logging in this time it has disappeared. Sigh!

I fixed it! :D I put the httpservermod in the mods folder, relaunched, and I will shortly be mauled by a panda. It's adorable and I totally want one as a pet.

• Like 1

Did this need to be updated for 1.9? I updated my server and everything loads, but I'm seeing grey horses where I used to have various other kinds like the knabstruppers, etc.

I suspect the new horse styles in 1.9 messed up something. I can fiddle with the traits with my GM to get just about everything back except for the Rocky Mountain. :(

On 4/10/2019 at 5:41 AM, Brian said:

I suspect the new horse styles in 1.9 messed up something. I can fiddle with the traits with my GM to get just about everything back except for the Rocky Mountain. :(

By "GM" do you mean the wand? Looking to get everything working again until (hopefully) this gets updated or another mod takes its place.

On 4/10/2019 at 5:41 AM, Brian said:

I can fiddle with the traits with my GM to get just about everything back except for the Rocky Mountain. :(

Many of the trait colours are listed wrong on the GM wand. "Skewbald pinto" gives you Rocky Mountain.

• Like 1

I'm aware of the issue but did not have a chance to look into it yet.

• Like 1

Wow great adds sadly its nearly all Horses types.  We need more and different critters to hunt.  Like Apes, Giant Eagles, Worg wolves, Hipps, elephants, dinosaurs, wolveriens, and many others.   Thank you for the hard work you have done.

On 10/13/2018 at 9:37 AM, ago said:

The original author abandoned it a while ago though I update it to keep it running with newer servers.

https://github.com/ago1024/CreatureMod/releases/latest

I understand you're keeping this mod updated these days to continue working, is there any plans to remove (or merge) the existing piebalds with the new vanilla piebalds or something of the sort?

Seems a bit funky to have 2 different Black and White Piebalds in-game.

I had hoped there might've been a configuration or something to disable the Mod version of them or something to reduce these sort of thing from happening but sadly there isn't. :(

This alone makes me question if having the mod installed is worth it, even though I've chosen it specifically for the additional Farm Animals over all else.

Resurrecting this thread to ask another question! I've reinstalled WU and have this mod running (still love it) and I was wondering if anyone is updating it? I've noticed that the mod coloured horses don't show bridles when they're equipped, whereas vanilla horses do. Is there a fix for this?

On 12/7/2020 at 10:42 PM, olafhairybreeks said:

Resurrecting this thread to ask another question! I've reinstalled WU and have this mod running (still love it) and I was wondering if anyone is updating it? I've noticed that the mod coloured horses don't show bridles when they're equipped, whereas vanilla horses do. Is there a fix for this?

No. The original author does not update the mod anymore and I'm basicly just fixing bugs in the code. The horse model in the mod is probably too old to support visible equipment but I don't have the skill nor the time to update it with the models from the vanilla horses.

Since the modlauncher update, horse colours are no longer showing properly on my server.

E0756A8E49DDCBC9DB1EAC78F7144A2DE18DE9FC

On 1/17/2021 at 2:23 PM, ago said:

The custom horse traits had to be moved again. This means the colors of your horse may have changed, sorry about that.

Not sure whether that was expected to make color and mouseover name not match. I assume EXAMINE now gives wrong color also?    It's possible that is not something he can fix :( or it might be he just overlooked making the text match the colors.  

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Ok, checked a horse with "regular bay" trait. (Ebony wand -> Traits). It shows with the correct texture and the overlay shows:

model:model.creature.quadraped.horse.regularbay.male"

url: D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A.jar:creature/horse/Horse_main.dae?horseMat.texture=Horse_regularbay_512.png

The model name specifies which model and texture to load. The model name is correct (for a regular bay horse). From your image I can see the client loads the model and texture from graphics.jar, not from the creaturemods graphics pack. Could the download of the pack be broken or maybe incomplete? The console would show which packs are loaded.

Also the examine message shows the correct colors for me:

[16:11:03] Its colour is regular bay.

EDIT: with changed colors I meant that horses with trait 33 would have shown as custom color "piebald" before but will now show with the unmodded color "appaloosa". The trait numbers don't change but the color associated with the trait numbers have changed.  I just noticed that the "new" unmodded colors do not show in the Traits window. I'll fix that

Edited by ago

Hi there.  I am trying to use this mod on my server and it's not working.  When I try to run the Client, nothing happens.  The log has this:

[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: ModLoader version v0.8.1-ac9f838
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Game version 1.9.1.5
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\connectionfix\connectionfix.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/connectionfix.properties
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\connectionfix.properties
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\creaturemod.properties
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\serverpacks\serverpacks.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/serverpacks.properties
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\serverpacks.properties
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\wurm-thirdperson.properties
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\custommap\custommap.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/custommap.properties
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\connectionfix\connectionfix.jar]
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\custommap\custommap.jar]
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\serverpacks\serverpacks.jar]
[01:28:18 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\creaturemod\creaturemod.jar]
[01:28:18 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: org/gotti/wurmunlimited/modloader/interfaces/WurmServerMod

I figure the severe warning at the end is bad but I cannot figure the exact cause.  The third person view mod was working before I tried to get this mod installed.

It looks like you installed the Server mod into your Client mod. 

Previous lines indicate mods that I recognize as being Client Mods, so this is presumably the Client Log.   That last line has "Server" in the name, so probably shouldn't be in your client mods folder.

I was told this mod replaced the new horse colours (along with not showing the bridles)
Does it replace any horse colours and does any equipment at all show up on the modded horses?