Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

On 2/21/2018 at 4:42 PM, Zera said:

So since the release of the 3 new horse coats were added, Piebald Pinto, EbonyBlack and Bloodbay..
The Piebald and Bloodbay horse textures were replaced by this mod.
Piebald, instead of being a Black and White cow pattern is now the regularbay skin.
BloodBay has become Mangalargamarchador (that's what it says when I mouse on it).

We have Piebald, Piebald Pinto, Ebony Black, Bloodbay, Mangalargamarchador, Rocky Mountain, Regular Bay, Skewbald, Knabstrupper, and Knabstrupper X Apaloosa horses with this mod, as well as the plain grey, white, gold, and black.

Edited by Batta
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Batta said:

We have Piebald, Piebald Pinto, Ebony Black, Bloodbay, Mangalargamarchador, Rocky Mountain, Regular Bay, Skewbald, Knabstrupper, and Knabstrupper X Apaloosa horses with this mod, as well as the plain grey, white, gold, and black.

And are you using the Original Mod or are you using Ago's edit?

10 hours ago, Zera said:

And are you using the Original Mod or are you using Ago's edit?

We have version 2.2

12 hours ago, Batta said:

20 minutes ago, Batta said:

We have version 2.2

So Ago's Edit..
So why couldn't you just answer my question in the post you originally quoted then, rather than just saying you have all of those things.
Would've saved us both a lot of trouble here..

If you are using Ago's Edit and not the Original, than I AM led to believe that Ago's does not overwrite just as the Original did not.

13 hours ago, Zera said:

So Ago's Edit..
So why couldn't you just answer my question in the post you originally quoted then, rather than just saying you have all of those things.
Would've saved us both a lot of trouble here..

You're fairly new here, so you may not realize that when we respond to questions, we generally try to give details so that future people searching the same question will have accurate information. My response was more thorough, for the benefit of others who might like to have that information. 

I apologize if reading a list of 14 horse colours created "a lot of trouble" for you. Obviously, that's not something I could have predicted.  My intention was good -- to provide a thorough response for the benefit of all. Do keep in mind that it is not my job, nor the job of 90% of the people who will try to help when someone has a question, to respond at all. We do so because we care about the community and want them to be able to find their answers within the forum.

Edited by Batta

52 minutes ago, Batta said:

You're fairly new here, so you may not realize that when we respond to questions, we generally try to give details so that future people searching the same question will have accurate information. My response was more thorough, for the benefit of others who might like to have that information. 

I apologize if reading a list of 14 horse colours created "a lot of trouble" for you. Obviously, that's not something I could have predicted.  My intention was good -- to provide a thorough response for the benefit of all. Do keep in mind that it is not my job, nor the job of 90% of the people who will try to help when someone has a question, to respond at all. We do so because we care about the community and want them to be able to find their answers within the forum.

I'm fairly new here? Are you serious?

October 27, 2011

I've been around here 5 Years longer than you have. When you QUOTE someone in a sense of responding, since you appear to be new to how Quoting works.
Typically you are responding to a person, and it is often expected to have the information requested in the post that is quoted, answered.
Not a vague list of what you and your server has, without actual information on how you achieved it. (Which is what my post you quoted, asking.)

I'm sorry if a list of horse colors for you was apparently adequate information for the question you thought you were answering.

No, it is not your job or anyone else's to answer any questions. But if you decide to take it upon yourself to do so, actually answering a question might be less trouble for yourself and anyone you think you may be helping. Rather than vague information that isn't actually helpful.

Edited by Zera

2 minutes ago, Zera said:

I'm fairly new here? Are you serious?

October 27, 2011

I've been around here 5 Years longer than you have. When you QUOTE someone in a sense of responding, since you appear to be new to how Quoting works.
Typically you are responding to a person, and it is often expected to have the information requested in the post that is quoted, answered.
Not a vague list of what you and your server has, without actual information on how you achieved it. (Which is what my post you quoted, asking.)

I'm sorry if a list of horse colors for you was apparently adequate information for the question you thought you were answering.

Ah, okay. I apologize again. It sounded from the way you wrote that you were new, plus you are only at +21.  No slur was intended on your level of expertise in Wurm.  I do hope you can get past this without letting it ruin your day. No harm was intended to you. As I said, I was just trying to help in the normal way. It took me a lot more effort to find out which version I was using, as the only way to do that was to log in to the game and type #versions, then find it on the list, then come back here to let you know. This is something you could have done for yourself, but I was trying to help since you didn't appear to have done so yet.

2 minutes ago, Batta said:

Ah, okay. I apologize again. It sounded from the way you wrote that you were new, plus you are only at +21.  No slur was intended on your level of expertise in Wurm.  I do hope you can get past this without letting it ruin your day. No harm was intended to you. As I said, I was just trying to help in the normal way. It took me a lot more effort to find out which version I was using, as the only way to do that was to log in to the game and type #versions, then find it on the list, then come back here to let you know. This is something you could have done for yourself, but I was trying to help since you didn't appear to have done so yet.

How would checking my own version of the mod on my server, help me here? I know what version I am using. You fail to understand that the Ago Edit is NOT the same as the Main OP version, as they are different Author's in the end game.
Nor would finding out my own version answer my question on how the Ago's version works...

Just because my reputation is low, doesn't mean I am "new". My CA experience years ago was strictly in-game, and I am not a regular forum user unless I absolutely need to. Simply looking at your profile I could tell you've only been part of these forums for 2 years.
Reputation these days can often be handed out like candy and I personally would not see it as a way to reputably judge anyone's experience or otherwise. 

Okay.. Can we stop using this thread as a "chat" for different stuff pls? 

• Like 2

We've been using this mod for about a month now.  When we first started using it, tha creaturepack.jar had to be edited to switch the Black Angus and Belted Galloway cow skins (they were reversed).  Recently, we've noticed that new foals have several addition colors added to their traits:

Ocua83o.jpg

I'm not a java programmer so I doubt I can fix this myself.  Would someone take a look at the code please, and maybe at least identify where the issue might be?  We really like this mod and probably won't give it up, but it makes it really hard to breed for consistent color.

Thank you.

Edit: for some reason the screenshot won't paste here

Edited by Abhac
Missing screenshot

On 24.3.2018 at 8:11 PM, Abhac said:

Edit: for some reason the screenshot won't paste here

If you use imgur.com you can post the direct link, that is working, i use it myself all over the forum

On 3/24/2018 at 0:11 PM, Abhac said:

creaturepack.jar had to be edited to switch the Black Angus and Belted Galloway cow skins (they were reversed).

Ours are switched, too!  I don't understand how to edit it, though, as we are on a hosted server and the files look different than on a LAN server.

Edited by Batta

Thank you @Eject, that worked :)

@BattaWhat I did was download the creaturepack.jar file from our hosted server, open it with 7-zip, open the creatures folder, open the cow folder, open each of the cow breed folders and swap the Cow.jpg files.  Then just backed out of each folder and it eventually asks if you want to save the changes.  Do that then upload that file to the server folder you downloaded it from. I hope that made sense. :mellow:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abhac said:

What I did was download the creaturepack.jar file from our hosted server, open it with 7-zip, open the creatures folder, open the cow folder, open each of the cow breed folders and swap the Cow.jpg files.  Then just backed out of each folder and it eventually asks if you want to save the changes.  Do that then upload that file to the server folder you downloaded it from. I hope that made sense. :mellow:

It did!  Thank you for this very clear answer. Much appreciated!

One other little bug we're noticing:  our young belted bulls lose their white stripe when they grow up, and they become just plain black.  The cows keep their stripe though.

Edited by Batta

@BattaI'm glad you were able to understand my gibberish and get it to work :D.   Regarding the bulls...  That's because there aren't any Bull files in the creature pack..  There are cow files and calf files, but not bull files.  To get them to show up, someone with a lot more skills than I have would need to create the meshes and textures and add them to the creaturepack.jar.

• Like 1

I am considering getting this mod for my dedicated WU server. For those of you who use it on your own servers; are the clients required to have client modloader to see the new animals or can they be seen without as long as everything has been set up server side? (I use Client ModLoader myself anyway for map and compass mods) If the clients don't have the modloader will they be unable to join or will they simply see default textures? 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, DragonsGateWU said:

I am considering getting this mod for my dedicated WU server. For those of you who use it on your own servers; are the clients required to have client modloader to see the new animals or can they be seen without as long as everything has been set up server side? (I use Client ModLoader myself anyway for map and compass mods) If the clients don't have the modloader will they be unable to join or will they simply see default textures? 

Thanks.

Yes, only those clients with client modloader are able to see the new animals. The others see a brown cow shape that attacks them (panda), a mountain lion for an ocelot, and a white horse for a zebra. 

• Like 1

I'm having trouble with this mod. It's installed, and I'm getting some of the options in the GM summon window, such as panda bear and zebra. However, the pandas are showing up as cows and the zebras are white horses. Other options, such husky and dalmation are not showing up at all. I've tried spawning dogs, but I can't find any option that lets me edit their colours or breeds, just the normal thing that lets me change traits and horse colours (I've tried changing horse colours, makes no difference to the dog). I do also have the client mod loader installed. Can anyone help me? I'm new to WU and I know next to nothing about mods; I've only just managed to work out how to install them without crashing my server.

1 minute ago, Attenia said:

I'm having trouble with this mod. It's installed, and I'm getting some of the options in the GM summon window, such as panda bear and zebra. However, the pandas are showing up as cows and the zebras are white horses. Other options, such husky and dalmation are not showing up at all. I've tried spawning dogs, but I can't find any option that lets me edit their colours or breeds, just the normal thing that lets me change traits and horse colours (I've tried changing horse colours, makes no difference to the dog). I do also have the client mod loader installed. Can anyone help me? I'm new to WU and I know next to nothing about mods; I've only just managed to work out how to install them without crashing my server.

Make sure your server has serverpacks + httpserver mods installed, and your client has serverpacks mod too (the client version)

1 hour ago, bdew said:

Make sure your server has serverpacks + httpserver mods installed, and your client has serverpacks mod too (the client version)

Alright, now the animals I've got options for are displaying properly :D The panda is so cute!! I still don't have options for the different types of dogs, cats, horses, etc., and I've looked, there still aren't any options to edit  the types once I've summoned a standard one of them. How do I get dalmations, skewbald, main coon, etc.?

4 hours ago, Attenia said:

Alright, now the animals I've got options for are displaying properly :D The panda is so cute!! I still don't have options for the different types of dogs, cats, horses, etc., and I've looked, there still aren't any options to edit  the types once I've summoned a standard one of them. How do I get dalmations, skewbald, main coon, etc.?

Need to set traits using the wand. I don't remember off hand the location in the menu, just search around for sonething called traits. Summon a dog, then set trait to Dalmatian.  Summon a wolf, set trait to husky, etc.

Edited by Governor

6 hours ago, Governor said:

Need to set traits using the wand. I don't remember off hand the location in the menu, just search around for sonething called traits. Summon a dog, then set trait to Dalmatian.  Summon a wolf, set trait to husky, etc.

Right, got it! :) Is there a way to get the new horse colours without replacing the old ones?

6 hours ago, Attenia said:

Right, got it! :) Is there a way to get the new horse colours without replacing the old ones?

Somewhere in this thread is a more up-to-date version, make sure you are using that one and not the one in the OP.