Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

Batta, did you recently turn the "newbie friendly" server option off? That would be one explanation of the reason they are starting now. This mod creates new critters nothing i'm aware of you cause it to spawn sol demons. It's not even one of the models that's been "reskinned".

9 hours ago, LifesaverM said:

Batta, did you recently turn the "newbie friendly" server option off? That would be one explanation of the reason they are starting now. This mod creates new critters nothing i'm aware of you cause it to spawn sol demons. It's not even one of the models that's been "reskinned".

Not recently. We've had it off for the full 10 months.  I thought by "tougher mobs" it might mean trolls and hell scorps and such, and we definitely do want those.

6 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

Are you using Wyvernmods?  I believe it provides Sol Demon spawns.

Not using this.  

Hi guys,

I seem to be having trouble with the mod- only the Ebonyblack and the vanilla colors are appearing, horses with colors other than these are appearing as white. I am using the fix for white foals from creature mod but that doesn't seem to have helped this particular issue. The mod worked beautifully before and, as far as I am aware, I am using the most recent version: 2.1.0

Any ideas?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nevermind, user-error! I had forgotten to update the client side of things, all's well :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oop, hang on, I spoke too soon!
So, the different horse skins are now appearing however they're mismatched. All that seems to be working correctly, again, are the vanilla colors and Ebonyblack. As you can see from the screenshot here, the horse is obviously not Bloodbay, which seems to be missing from the skins entirely...

capture_by_sashalynch-dbsh7r7.jpg

Anyone else come across this issue and has a fix?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fixed! Had to manually down the creaturemod from here https://github.com/ago1024/CreatureMod/releases/tag/v2.2 and install it. Hope this helps anyone else who may come across this issue!

Edited by AnimalMother
Solved!

Seriously, we NEVER had a single sol demon spawn in almost a year on our server. Within a few days of adding this mod, we had close to 100 of them.  I ported to each one and destroyed it.  Now, just a few days later we have 52 of them newly spawned.  

We have changed absolutely nothing except adding this mod.  We didn't recently turn Newbie friendly off, or add Wyvern mods, or change anything else at all.  

Does anyone know how we can somehow tweak settings to get rid of the sol demons?  We are on a hosted server.   I love having the special creatures and horse colours, but not at the cost of so may sol demons.

EDIT: The only other thing that changed is the WU update.

Edited by Batta

Can you please provide the server.log?

The sol demons should only naturally spawn on challenge servers. There's a slight chance that some of the custom creatures use the same ids as the sol demons so instead of maybe an ocelot it's spawning the sol demon.

1 hour ago, ago said:

Can you please provide the server.log?

The sol demons should only naturally spawn on challenge servers. There's a slight chance that some of the custom creatures use the same ids as the sol demons so instead of maybe an ocelot it's spawning the sol demon.

We are getting all the creatures - ocelot, zebra, panda, horse/hen/pig/dog colours.  I don't know how to provide the server.log from a hosted server. There are tons of files of all types. Where would I even look for that file?

Edited by Batta

It's called server.log and should be in the root folder of the game.

I found it.  Actually, quite a lot of them with different dates.  Each is a huge file, so I'm not sure how much is relevant to post here, as it goes on and on about all the settings of all my mods. But I searched it for the word "demon" and got this:

[07:32:32 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.epic.HexMap: Fo summons the Sol Demons.
[07:32:32 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.epic.EpicEntity: Fo spawns creatures. Next in 1 day, 15 hours and 7 minutes

I also found that there is a bounty set for Sol demons in bounty mod, but that's nothing new.

Edited by Batta

Apparently it's the epic setting of the server. This causes Sol Demons to spawn automaticly. I'm not sure if this was not enabled in older version of WU but with the current spawn tables it's normal for Sol Demons to spawn on epic servers.

10 minutes ago, ago said:

Apparently it's the epic setting of the server. This causes Sol Demons to spawn automaticly. I'm not sure if this was not enabled in older version of WU but with the current spawn tables it's normal for Sol Demons to spawn on epic servers.

Would this have changed just within the past week?  We have never had a single Sol Demon before.  And we're getting so many!

There were no server changes in the last 25 days.

Each time the gods spawn them 14 Sol Demons will appear. It's possible that you never had that even before. Or only other epic creatures spawned. Or if there is only one kingdom then it's possible only your god tried to spawn them but without an enemy kingdom they'd never appear anywhere.

On 11/6/2017 at 4:44 AM, ago said:

There were no server changes in the last 25 days.

Each time the gods spawn them 14 Sol Demons will appear. It's possible that you never had that even before. Or only other epic creatures spawned. Or if there is only one kingdom then it's possible only your god tried to spawn them but without an enemy kingdom they'd never appear anywhere.

We do have just one kingdom, Freedom, and this is the first time any Epic creature has spawned that we know of...unless anacondas count? We've always had those. But no gorillas, hyenas, and such.

I don't suppose there's any way to add to this mod, or to create a new mod that allows us to delete the Sol demons?  Or at least to configure what % we'd get (I'd go for the lowest number possible).  It would make my GM clean-up much easier!  It's not that we can't defeat them in a fight, just that they do so much damage to NPCs and our breeding stock of horses.

Edited by Batta

I'm pretty sure this is not an issue with the creatures mod.

I have no idea how often those epic creatures are supposed to spawn and if having only one kingdom reduces the chances for the enemy gods to spawn those creatures. But looking at the code it's pretty obvious that an epic server is supposed to get those creatures. It can probably be modded away though.

As a matter of interest, could the spawning of the epic creatures be related to the battle on Valrei???

I am going to look into modifying the creatures that spawn from deities. I want to modify what is spawned also.

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

@AnimalMother you got all the textures to work? on our server when we added it, it replace a lot of textures for horses on deeds, like a lot of mine turned white or ebony, when I bred other ebonys, the babies come out white, my white horses been giving me some of them light brownish colors

Dont seems to work, a panda bear summons a cow?? ANd Zebra just ahorse called zebra.. And cant find husky

13 hours ago, Elsa said:

Dont seems to work, a panda bear summons a cow?? ANd Zebra just ahorse called zebra.. And cant find husky

Same here...

I have the mod on the server, but dislike it change the normal black, and brown and bloodbay etc. Why does it replace cant you make so it adda new one instead of replace the old ones? 

On 2017-12-19 at 11:15 AM, Sosna said:

Same here...

You need the serverpack mod on client too

I disabled it cause i dont like that it replaces some of the others horses atm. Will enable it when you have fixed it. 

Was this ever fixed to work properly?
I like the idea of additional creatures, but not if it's going to screw with the existing ones already.

Is there any way to add to this so that we can make animal skin rugs out of the new creature models?  I would love a zebra, ocelot, or panda rug!

So since the release of the 3 new horse coats were added, Piebald Pinto, EbonyBlack and Bloodbay..
The Piebald and Bloodbay horse textures were replaced by this mod.
Piebald, instead of being a Black and White cow pattern is now the regularbay skin.
BloodBay has become Mangalargamarchador (that's what it says when I mouse on it).

Anyway that those 2 textures could be bumped to allow the two now replaced textures to be able to display again?

EDIT: Wait, so @ago made another, more updated version of this mod?
Does Ago's version replace vanilla creatures or does it add new ones too?

I noticed the White Foals issue in the original version, not sure if they correct themselves as they age or not.. Or what that's about.

Edited by Zera
  • Like 1