Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

Kifyi--the mod doesn't go client side at all.  Just install ago's mod loader and set serverpacks to "properties".  And have the mod files on the server side, not client side.  I had to restart the server and log in client side a couple times for it to kick in.

I did finally manage to get it to work, although having it only server side didn't fix it.  I had to extract everything and add it to the graphics jar to make it use the textures at all.

Trying to breed the new horses on 2.1.0, having some colour issues.

Breeding;

Two custom6's and get custom 8/9/10/Black  - white foal.

Two custom4's and get custom 8/9/10/Brown  - white foal.

Custom4 and custom6, get custom 8/9/10/Black  - white foal.

Etc.

All the babies are showing up as white foals and growing to pure white horses. Am I missing something or being derpy?

no its a bug.  Ive checked with a few other admins.. all having the same issue.

1 hour ago, razoreqx said:

no its a bug.  Ive checked with a few other admins.. all having the same issue.

Confirmed. Same issue on my server too.

• Like 1

Yes, same thing here; even from two stock grey generic horses. White offspring and traits 8, 9, and 10 checked. I've just been setting the color that makes sense with a GM, but it would be nice for this to work on its own. Running a steamcmd dedicated server on Windows 10.

I haven't seen an update from the author in over a month now.  

Could be related to the upcoming texture changes on WO? Perhaps he is waiting until then to sort it out.

I hope all is well with him.

~Nappy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nappy said:

Could be related to the upcoming texture changes on WO? Perhaps he is waiting until then to sort it out.

I hope all is well with him.

~Nappy

True.  

I finally got this working, and a few days later it stopped.. did everyone's zebras revert back to look like white horses?  Was this the texture change they made?

thanks

Did you remember to run 'patcher.bat' in the WurmLauncher directory after the latest game update? It needs to be run after every Steam update of Wurm Unlimited. Additionally, I believe you'll have to run it on server side too if you used it there in the first place, but I use the 'modlauncher.bat' file to start a dedicated server, so I can't say for certain on the server side. Definitely need 'patcher.bat' for the client though.

We're gonna have woast wabbit...

(I'm still looking for those ducks I keep hearing)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Romen said:

We're gonna have woast wabbit...

(I'm still looking for those ducks I keep hearing)

LOL!

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:28 PM, Varcelli said:

Did you remember to run 'patcher.bat' in the WurmLauncher directory after the latest game update? It needs to be run after every Steam update of Wurm Unlimited. Additionally, I believe you'll have to run it on server side too if you used it there in the first place, but I use the 'modlauncher.bat' file to start a dedicated server, so I can't say for certain on the server side. Definitely need 'patcher.bat' for the client though.

Thank you.. that fixed my issue! 

You're welcome. Glad it's working now.

On a different note, I wonder how the new horse colors from Code Club will affect this mod?

I wonder if the next patch is going to break all these models with the new .dds file format?  

at one point we had this mod installed but what we found is every foal was being born white.   We disabled this mod a month ago.  

Here is what i found.  There are thousands of theses still in the creatures.db   

How do I safely purge all these animals now without corrupting the DB as it cross checks them with position and other tables in that record.

Anyone?

6 hours ago, razoreqx said:

at one point we had this mod installed but what we found is every foal was being born white.   We disabled this mod a month ago.  

Here is what i found.  There are thousands of theses still in the creatures.db   

How do I safely purge all these animals now without corrupting the DB as it cross checks them with position and other tables in that record.

Anyone?

Had to do something similar for Desolation v2 when too many mobs suddenly spawned causing huge lag.

What I would do (with a test server first of course).

- Backup

- Open up the sql database and delete all the bad animals that you want removed

- Commit and save the database

- Run the export-all.bat

- Modify the exported files by adding Begin Transaction at top/Commit at bottom/rename file to match what rebuild-all.bat uses for import names

- Run rebuild.bat

- This should get rid of dependences, indexing etc

- Start up test server, watch in console logs for problems

You will want to think about what happens to items that were on horses, favourite horses being deleted, carts that suddenly have no way to move etc. Lots of edge cases to consider.

In my case I had it easier because I deleted sheep, wolves, bears, crocodiles etc - all animals that were in little to no domestic use at that point in server life.

• Like 1

We had to abandon this MOD due to the constant White foal bug. I loved this MOD and really wish someone could address that issue.

• Like 1

so some creatures have new names but showing old textures like i have a panda looks like a cow any ideas?  I did Gmn Spawn this item if that makes a difference.