Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

i might not be right.  but this is what i did to get things working. 

i reinstalled everything.

I installed ago loaders in both server and client. patched...

then i put all the mods i want on my server in only the server folder spot for mods.

loaded server up.

logged in client. and saw the PMs of the graghic patches.  pulled my boom stick "the rod Gm thingy"  summoned critters, like 10 horses, got many kinds, new ones too.   then just summoned 10 of

everything new, and it worked. 

although this was on same computer.  I havent tried it with my other 2 computers and accounts yet. guessing it will work.  will test later and get back, to  post. need to see if the other computers need a fresh install as they never used mods yet.

took over an hr. but results from other computer:

reinstalled and put client mod loader in patched. and logged in. didn't work. relogged about 5 times.  got mad,   reinstalled everything. then hit myself i forgot the most improtant step:

change disabled.   to  serverpacks.properties   in the mod folder on the cleint side.   I think we should have that set as default, have it active.  but not my call

relogged in didn't work first round, as been said before. so relog 2nd time  works animals and hitching post all working for 2nd computer logged into my server.

"just sucks i can't get my server to run public. ports open ect. but still no go.  i think its cus i'm on full speed optic line maybe.  and can't open ports to net only lan oddly. soon i'll pay for server, just waiting for feed back. want to see what others are paying after one month, seeing the 6-7$ a month sounds great. but if it ends up way higher from fees lol. "   sorry off topic.  can't wait to build a map and play with the new mods and mainly this one.

Edited by validate

On 11/29/2015, 6:13:17, Nappy said:

I am willing to work together on this if you would like the help

If you like making one feel free to do so. I mostly figured I'll make one because nobody else has yet. But I prefer spending my time on adding more animals

(end quote)

I intend to get started on this tomorrow during the day.

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nappy said:

If you like making one feel free to do so. I mostly figured I'll make one because nobody else has yet. But I prefer spending my time on adding more animals

I intend to get started on this tomorrow during the day.

Awesome

hmm,  Ducks  easy'ish to change hen skin maybe? '  i wish i could help

almost tastes the same , at least on a bbq. lol.  only had duck once.  kinda gave up on my last 3 bites.  i bit into glass,  green glass,  someone shot it with glass shot. lol  my uncle thought it was funny. I thought i hope i didnt swallow any, cus that could hurt coming out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, validate said:

almost tastes the same , at least on a bbq. lol.  only had duck once.

Well actually duck is all dark meat which is fine by me since I don't like white meat of the chicken. lol

A few ideas for animals would be,

Kangaroo's

Dropbears (evil koala's)

Elephants

Giraffe's

Hippo's

Lion big cats in general like tigers and such panthas white tigers

Dingo's more wild dogs

Beavers

Otters

Peacocks

Penguins

Silverbacks (gorilla's)

More snakes

Ostrich, emu (ridable)

Donkeys, ponys (ridable)

evil baboons

rhino

killer whales

Komodo Dragons

galapagos tortoise for land

pegasus

Dire wolves

Llamas spit attack =D

Mammoths

grifins

foxes

Ogres

Giant Squid

Sand Wurms (lol)

Dont expect any but would love them thx in advance if you make any =D

• Like 2

On 12/2/2015, 10:57:00, AbsolutelyNobody said:

OetYrMw.jpg?1

Coming Soon :)

AbsolutelyNobody, how did you create that fur effect which looks great?

Is that a stenciled effect on the model or the UV texture paint job?

I'm trying to learn 3D graphics 

7 minutes ago, enoofu said:

AbsolutelyNobody, how did you create that fur effect which looks great?

Is that a stenciled effect on the model or the UV texture paint job?

I'm trying to learn 3D graphics 

On that one its actually the black bear fur inverted and then I made some adjustments to it but yeah the base is just the black bear.
Some other animals I have used a picture of a real animal and then just adjusted it to fit the game

I guess another good way to do it would be to make a new brush in photoshop to make the pattern

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody

Hey can you add a panda head and rug to the fur drop on panda bears :)))))        I think one on my floor would be just perfect! 

3 hours ago, razoreqx said:

Hey can you add a panda head and rug to the fur drop on panda bears :)))))        I think one on my floor would be just perfect! 

Yeah think I'll try to get those in again soon

• Like 2

How do we know if this is working do all these new creatures spawn? 

NM I was able to summon horses and see many new types!! Awesome work!!

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1

i tried, really hard, to sift through this thread, to see if anyone else had the same issue as im having, and to try to find a solution.

ive copied all the files into my packs folder, but when i got to the last one, wildcat, i get an error that says:

0  Error: Duplicate filename:

1  creatures\\properties.xml

2  creatures\\properties.xml

i backed up my files before replacing them, and it wont even let me put my original back in, it gives me same error message. someone please help?

**nevermind. after verifying integrity of cache, i was able to replace the file**

Edited by SunJia
**resolved**

I came across a polar bear (or panda) that looked like a brown cow and attacked really fast, wtf is with that?

Edited by elmonodara

On 17/12/2015 at 2:48 AM, elmonodara said:

I came across a polar bear (or panda) that looked like a brown cow and attacked really fast, wtf is with that?

Can happen if your client doesn't have the mod installed correctly, or there's a fault in the mappings for the client.

Do you have the mod installed on your client as well as server? Or have the server installed with the server packs mod + creatures, so that it will give the relevant mod information to a client also running server packs?

hello, i can see some animals but if i lead a horse, it wont follow me

Edit: i summoned some horses and the new one dont like to move ^^^they are still standing on the same place since 15 minutes

edit2: ok horses starting to move arround ;)

Edited by Eject

On 12/18/2015 at 7:29 PM, Drathania said:

Can happen if your client doesn't have the mod installed correctly, or there's a fault in the mappings for the client.

Do you have the mod installed on your client as well as server? Or have the server installed with the server packs mod + creatures, so that it will give the relevant mod information to a client also running server packs?

it was a panda bear and it was showing as a cow because the pack files was not in my server packs folder. fixed it all now

Is there a reason Only the "new animals" work. Like Zebra, Ocelot, and Panda Bear are the only animals that show up. And i think its because they are basically codded as a new animal. But none of the others seem to show. Could it be possible to change all these other animals to their Own animal like the Zebra and stuff?

i had to disable this mod, all old horses are white and i got to much lags

okay after a lot of futsing with the mod loader and getting it to work, I tried to install this.  As I've seen posted above, Zebras are white I imagine other new horses are too so obviously I've done something wrong.  I have serverpacks set to enabled in both launcher and client folders, I have the packs file in the serverpacks folder and creature demo is set to properties in both server and client and I don't know what else to do.  Any advice? :/