Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

Cows work as well.

Only thing not working for me now is bulls.

Bulls won't work because I didn't make the graphics yet. Could have left the code out for now I guess, but it should show the original bulls anyway

Gonna look into the problems and see if there is an issue on my side.
For those of you still having problems maybe try completely removing the mod and re-adding it. I usually do that every time I reinstall a mod...not sure if it makes a difference but might not be a bad habit anyway.

Also make sure you got the latest modloader or it for sure won't work

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody

8 minutes ago, ago said:

AbsolutelyNobody: does the modpack contain the full models or just textures? The packs must contain the full models and can not use files from the graphics pack. For the creatures demo I copied all bear, wildcat, mountain lion and horse files to the custom pack.

Yes they are all in there. Tried it without before just to see but you need them for sure

Creaturemod 2.1.0

• Added Foals,Husky,Black Angus, Dalmatian, Belted Galloway, Red Wattle, Silver Campine, Rhode Island Red, Australorp

I think I misread BlackAngus and Belted Galloway to mean bulls rather then just cows.

I think everything works fine at this point.

• Like 1

Also for anyone having issues with the packs pushing through. make sure your serverpacks are enabled on both the client side and the server side

14 minutes ago, AbsolutelyNobody said:

Also for anyone having issues with the packs pushing through. make sure your serverpacks are enabled on both the client side and the server side

Mine are.. and are.    Are these guys editing the files?  It sounds like they are.    I just dropped the new files where the old ones were.  

Reboot the server and had everyone connect.   No files transfered and the zebra i had as a test was white.   Turned back to the un modded version.  

I backed it out and put Ago's version back in and its working fine again. 

Edited by razoreqx

No files were modified. Running the latest server launcher and client launcher is 0.21. 7 people are now running the new creatures version on my server. No changes made other then uploading the new mod pack, restarting server and then logging in client twice per person.

1 minute ago, Nappy said:

No files were modified. Running the latest server launcher and client launcher is 0.21. 7 people are now running the new creatures version on my server. No changes made other then uploading the new mod pack, restarting server and then logging in client twice per person.

Well hell.. Im running the same client and so are all the users that figured out how to install it.  (not like its that hard to install... lol)    *sigh*   

Just now, razoreqx said:

Well hell.. Im running the same client and so are all the users that figured out how to install it.  (not like its that hard to install... lol)    *sigh*   

Want to try logging in to my server and seeing if it works for you?

i uninstalled everything and fresh install.  added just the mod loaders and your mod and hithcing post mod.  seems to be 100% working even get to see them as i summon, dont have to change them to other looks.

must just be something else affecting it before.  , going to add the other mods i like and hope it all still works.  very happy with it.  

others should try fresh install also if having issues.

i see the packs saved now in the dir packs too. 

added all the other mods i like. still works well,  seems just a reinstall of everything was needed.  ;-)

Edited by validate

Glad its working.

Razorqx, try logging into Nappy's server if you don't mind. Would at least tell us if your client side is the problem or not

I remember reading that if you log into another server thats also running the server modloader it bugs out the client patcher.  Let me get a client setup on a VM and try it.     Which server?  

I have to many users on to restart my server with another go at it.    They're running some player event *grrrrrr*  

Info sent via private message.

Starter deed, Oak island, has a nice spawn of cows, roosters, pandas, horses and zebras so you should see graphics there.

Don't forget you may need to log in twice to see full effect - watch the packs folder to see when the .jar files are fully downloaded

10 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Starter deed, Oak island, has a nice spawn of cows, roosters, pandas, horses and zebras so you should see graphics there.

Don't forget you may need to log in twice to see full effect - watch the packs folder to see when the .jar files are fully downloaded

No private messages.   The forums seem to be crapping out or im just lagged to them.    Try again..   My inbox is empty. 

said:

I'll see if I can put some kinda tutorial together sometime soon

I am willing to work together on this if you would like the help

1 hour ago, Nappy said:

I was on your server.   If the modloader has already downloaded files you don't get updated ones from previous versions from what I can tell.  

Second attempt:  

Im running the new client and a fresh client loader in a VM.  The files came down fine.  

I wouldn't think installing and uninstalling the patcher and all that cleanup would be desired if your adding new content on a pretty regular bases.  

Edited by razoreqx

9 minutes ago, Nappy said:

I am willing to work together on this if you would like the help

If you like making one feel free to do so. I mostly figured I'll make one because nobody else has yet. But I prefer spending my time on adding more animals

5 minutes ago, razoreqx said:

I was on your server.   If the modloader has already downloaded files you don't get updated ones from previous versions from what I can tell.  

Second attempt:  

Im running the new client and a fresh client loader in a VM.  The files came down fine.  

I wouldn't think installing and uninstalling the patcher and all that cleanup would be desired if your adding new content on a pretty regular bases.  

I didn't have to reinstall my client modloader at all and only had to update the server side one. Really if you know how to do it it only takes a few seconds.

12 hours ago, Scrubbs said:

So should we cleanse our server.jar before doing the modloader? I don't currently use it at all and creatures is the only mod I use (aside from my own small skillmod mod), but I'm guessing we'll have to undo what's been done? Or does the modloader just do what we did before, but automatically?

When running the new style mod I'd suggest using a clean server.jar. I only tested with the unmodified server.jar and custom modifications may cause undesired effects.

The new style mod will use different creature ids for ocelot, panda and zebra but the template names stayed the some so the old creatures might actually load into the new mod. A warning message will be printed to the log If a creature can't be loaded into  the new system but the server will continue to start.

So it is good for people to make sure they have a clean graphic.jar aswell then the first time they add this mod. But should be fine from there on.

Howdy,  Feel free to skip down to bolded part, pre-amble is just for background.

had this working from the client side before server-owner and I switched to Ago's Modloader.  Server patched and installed, that part is above my pay grade :) 

On my side though... want to make sure I'm doing things correctly because right now I'm not seeing the right creatures.

I ultimately decided to try a fresh install, so used Steam to delete local files, then went to actually delete the WurmUnlimited folder from SteamApps.

Reinstalled.  Launched once.  Then moved playerfiles and configs I had backed up in to WurmUnlimited.

Then used the Ago Client Modloader from the Alpha thread leading to the GitHub page.  Simply "extracted all" to the wurmlauncher folder.

Went there and double-clicked patcher.bat     saw command window flash.

Logged into the server twice.  No joy.  All new horses, zebras, are white.  I get a chat tab showing all kinds of letters titled modsomething...

So... question, am I supposed to be installing the latest creature mod client side myself after installing Ago's Client Modloader?  I kind of figured the modloader would be taking care of that, right?  Or do I need to do it the first time, and then the modloader updates thereafter?

Thanks for any help :)

Make sure you have the serverpacks enabled. both client and server side.

And yes the modloader takes care of putting the graphics in the right place. As long as you got Ago's modloader working properly :)

• Like 1