Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

19 hours ago, ago said:

The zebra, the panda and the ocelot evaded the photoshoot.

It's almost done. The panda and zebra are rideable. traits work as  seen on the cat, the packs are sent from the server. Encounters are added. So it's just some cleanup left to do.

I got my finger on the deposit button :) 

• Like 1

I must be doing something wrong. I load up the mod and my wife is breeding horses, but they come out with white textures and the model being loaded is model.creature.quadraped.foal.custom8.female. There is no texture for a custom 8, just 1-7. Am I missing something?

Also 1.6.1 download only has horse graphics. If I cleaned out my client graphics jar and redownloaded it, how do I get the other textures back in there (like cow, bear, etc)?

Edited by Scrubbs

16 minutes ago, Scrubbs said:

I must be doing something wrong. I load up the mod and my wife is breeding horses, but they come out with white textures and the model being loaded is model.creature.quadraped.foal.custom8.female. There is no texture for a custom 8, just 1-7. Am I missing something?

Also 1.6.1 download only has horse graphics. If I cleaned out my client graphics jar and redownloaded it, how do I get the other textures back in there (like cow, bear, etc)?

Custom horse 8 to 10 are all white for now because we only have 7 custom horses. If she would breed one that has the custom 5 trait for example you will see a difference.

1.6.1 has all the other animals in the mods folder.

Now just a suggestion. we are almost ready to make the animals work with ago's modloader. I would wait for that because everything will work much better and will keep working after updates

10 minutes ago, AbsolutelyNobody said:

Custom horse 8 to 10 are all white for now because we only have 7 custom horses. If she would breed one that has the custom 5 trait for example you will see a difference.

1.6.1 has all the other animals in the mods folder.

Now just a suggestion. we are almost ready to make the animals work with ago's modloader. I would wait for that because everything will work much better and will keep working after updates

Cool, thanks for the answers! And duh ... forgot to look in the "Mods" folder :P

• Like 1

Great progress reported on the modloader for this..   FYI.   Need more creatures.   

I have about 50 3d models ive done.   I need to take a look at the scale of yours and see how much butchering I have to do on mine to tone them down to this engine.  

13 hours ago, razoreqx said:

Great progress reported on the modloader for this..   FYI.   Need more creatures.   

I have about 50 3d models ive done.   I need to take a look at the scale of yours and see how much butchering I have to do on mine to tone them down to this engine.  

Do they have animations?

Would love to take a look at it

1 hour ago, AbsolutelyNobody said:

Do they have animations?

Would love to take a look at it

Yea animations as well.   I'll pack them up and give you a link to download.    What format or do you use 3DS? 

Edited by razoreqx

21 minutes ago, razoreqx said:

Yea animations as well.   I'll pack them up and give you a link to download.    What format or do you use 3DS? 

Just send them in whatever format they are and i'll see if I can open them. been using a few different programs but wanted to try 3ds actually.
I know for wurm they use the collada files.

Ago got it working and I managed to code the horses as well. I will start updating this tomorrow with the horses included. And from there on I'll start adding the remainder of the animals.

• Like 2

Ok, added the new creaturemod fully functional with Ago's modloader.
Includes the horses now

CreatureMod 2.0.0

I'll probably be adding more animals today and am thinking I might make something like a facebook page to show all the animals on because right now this forum just makes a giant mess.

So should we cleanse our server.jar before doing the modloader? I don't currently use it at all and creatures is the only mod I use (aside from my own small skillmod mod), but I'm guessing we'll have to undo what's been done? Or does the modloader just do what we did before, but automatically?

13 minutes ago, Scrubbs said:

So should we cleanse our server.jar before doing the modloader? I don't currently use it at all and creatures is the only mod I use (aside from my own small skillmod mod), but I'm guessing we'll have to undo what's been done? Or does the modloader just do what we did before, but automatically?

It pretty much does what it did before. but coded in a way so it won't get undone by any updates. Not sure how it will react with your existing animals, it might change the look of some of them. but its also possible they just stay the way they are. But I do highly recommend using it in this way because from now on I will be updating all the new creatures so they are compatible with Ago's modloader.

1 hour ago, AbsolutelyNobody said:

Creaturemod 2.1.0

Creaturemod 2.1.0

• Added Foals,Husky,Black Angus, Dalmatian, Belted Galloway, Red Wattle, Silver Campine, Rhode Island Red, Australorp

Its not feeding down the new pack.    Tested..   NOGO. 

7 minutes ago, razoreqx said:

Its not feeding down the new pack.    Tested..   NOGO. 

Hmm I tested it myself on a computer that didn't have the files and it seems to work fine

Maybe try a restart on both server and client.
I had to start the client a second time for it to fully work

Did.   Its not working.     Can you display what files you put where?

The one from yesterday was working fine.   

Also worth mentioning.   I dont even see the option to spawn any of the new creatures.  

Edited by razoreqx

after putting back an unedited graphics.jar,  and using your latest mod,  i get to see zebras. but panda =cow, and all edited horses, dogs, can see the name but no change in graphics. 

to get it all to work i opened the mods  .jar and copied it all into my graphics.jar then edited the mappings to add the new. works now, but doubt new players will want to edit like that.

not sure why.  yesterday without adding to graphics, i got no edits, only see the names, and can summon but all graphics didn't work. today at least the zebra oh and ocelot the cat one, worked too.

might be a mapping issue,  ?

oh and ingame i see mod packs in PM  , but in the dir  i don't see them like i did yesterday

Edited by validate

I am having a problem too.

Can see horses ok.

Bulls are all black although some have the beltedgalloway in their name. Going to do a quick teleport and see if that fixed.

I put my unedited grapics back in. and edited your mods .jar mappings file putting my full mapping.txt replacing it, with yours added in to it.

started again.  now i have some more progress,  see panada, hitching post, zebra, oslot.  lol sorry can't spell well, .  but the rest not there, only by name.  conflict somewhere in mappings i'm guessing

Yep, even after teleporting and spawning another set including a black angus the graphics for all are still remaining the black bull model.

I do have D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A.jar in the packs directory on my client.

Horses, zebras etc are all showing up correctly.

Edited by Nappy

AbsolutelyNobody: does the modpack contain the full models or just textures? The packs must contain the full models and can not use files from the graphics pack. For the creatures demo I copied all bear, wildcat, mountain lion and horse files to the custom pack.