Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

Another Pink Pig Possibility is the  Gloucestershire Old Spot

Gloucester_Old_Spot02.jpg

although I actually like this image better:

Gloucester_Old_Spot_painting.jpg

for some reason I need to keep recounting the legs on it 

Also I figured you might appreciate this :P  Ok, maybe appreciate is the wrong word...

76.jpg

also maybe a timber wolf

iStock_000006805471XSmall.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

I want this mod badly but I'd like to see it server side for my family server as well! Great work on this, keep it up! :D

• Like 3

So far it looks like there is no way to distribute graphics to the client easily. However, it might not be too difficult to put together a .exe which will install the graphics to the client. It would be easy enough to either point people here or to just distribute that as a server owner. My only other concern is that installing the mod while the client DOESN'T have it installed might be problematic if it doesn't automatically use some sort of fallback image.

• Like 1

So far it looks like there is no way to distribute graphics to the client easily. However, it might not be too difficult to put together a .exe which will install the graphics to the client. It would be easy enough to either point people here or to just distribute that as a server owner. My only other concern is that installing the mod while the client DOESN'T have it installed might be problematic if it doesn't automatically use some sort of fallback image.

I believe it uses the default textures if it doesn't have the custom ones. I have a friend who plays on my server that I haven't given the mod too and he's never had a problem. My wife and I both use it though and it's great!

• Like 1

You know how to make a .exe or know someone who would be willing to do this or show me how to? That would make things much easier

I could probably compile something, but I don't know how to have the program find the right folder (i.e. if it's installed to a different drive, etc.). It would be pretty easy to write a program to simply copy all the files to the right places if I knew how to properly find the installation directory, haha.

• Like 1

I could probably compile something, but I don't know how to have the program find the right folder (i.e. if it's installed to a different drive, etc.). It would be pretty easy to write a program to simply copy all the files to the right places if I knew how to properly find the installation directory, haha.

Yeah I know nothing about that stuff sadly

Any chance you could add in a cockapoo to the dogs section? (grin - I have two of them at home - fantastic dogs).

Any chance you could add in a cockapoo to the dogs section? (grin - I have two of them at home - fantastic dogs).

Issue is that I haven't figured out how to make new models for them yet. So for now I'm just making new textures for the existing models

• Like 1

Have you had any luck progressing with Ago's mod loader?

Issue is that I haven't figured out how to make new models for them yet. So for now I'm just making new textures for the existing models

pig would be about the right size lol

Your Doing awaome love watching this thread

• Like 2

So I have been teaching myself some coding and managed to make the traits work  :D

So from now on we are able to have all the different creatures in the game at ones and they won't change textures between restarts :)

MoreAnimalsMod 1.4.1

Let me know if you find any bugs

Enjoy

Nice! I had to take a break from this. It was frustrating me. Excited to see the code changes you made and try out the mod.

• Like 2

Tried something new and figured I would add it to this mod. Will also add it as a stand alone mod.

Z02XdpT.jpg?1

You can hitch up to 2 animals to this fence, turn it, push it, improve it, destroy it and repair it. Eventually I like to make a new model for it but for now it will use the regular wooden fence model.

Creation:
Large nail on a log
Add 2 logs, 2 iron ribbons, 3 large nails

Skill:

Carpentry

• Like 2

I like the branching out to models and related items. 

Keep up the good work, it's inspiring.

• Like 1

love the mod, but my zebra's come up as cows lol

Lol, let me look into that :)

Just checked all the files and they seem fine. Also tried them in my game and I got a zebra showing up.

Maybe double check you didn't mis one of the files

If the creatures do say zebra it most likely is either your mappings file or your zebra texture is in the wrong spot. Maybe try logging in a gm account and see what it says if you hover over the zebra

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody

got it to work. lol  i some how ziped in the whole graphic jar into the graphice jar, and i guess it was canceling things out.   mental note, don;t edit when tiered,  lol

hmm just made the hitch post.  works, but only the ?bag graphic,  i'll look into in the morning 2am, must sleep

Edited by validate
  • Like 1