Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

So each numbered update will be in the OP yes? Just wondering because I've seen where that doesn't happen and things get confusing.

BTW, great work. 24 thumbs up. (There's 12 of us)

Edited by Clatius
  • Like 1

So each numbered update will be in the OP yes? Just wondering because I've seen where that doesn't happen and things get confusing.

BTW, great work. 24 thumbs up. (There's 12 of us)

That's where they will be. AbsolutelyNobody is quick about getting the newest version in the OP.

Next update is delayed. Still working out how to get creatures (excluding horses) to get a random texture on creation. Here's a general idea of how it will work though.

Take the Rooster for example:

generate a random number 0 - 2

random number is 2

get a red rooster

random number is 1

get a silver rooster

random number is 0

get a normal rooster

Really simple stuff. I just need a way for that to happen each time a rooster is made.

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 1

That's where they will be. AbsolutelyNobody is quick about getting the newest version in the OP.

Next update is delayed. Still working out how to get creatures (excluding horses) to get a random texture on creation. Here's a general idea of how it will work though.

Take the Rooster for example:

generate a random number 0 - 2

random number is 2

get a red rooster

random number is 1

get a silver rooster

random number is 0

get a normal rooster

Really simple stuff. I just need a way for that to happen each time a rooster is made.

I was playing around with some code that is very similar. And it seems to me that you always need a random number that is 1 higher than the amount of choices it has.

So in your case you would need 0 to 3. 

Not sure if this helps any or if you where even having problems with this. :)

Unstable version: MoreAnimalsMod_1.4.1

*This release includes custom horse textures that may differ from your chosen and preferred textures.

This version has a bug that changes creature textures at random each time the server is reset.

Whats new:

Roosters, Hens, dogs, and cows now have additional breeds.

What it means:

Chickens for example have a random chance to spawn using the silver, red, australorp, or default texture. The dog will either be the default dog or dalmatian and the brown cow either brown or delicious black angus. Try it out with the GM summon and be amaze!

Notes:

Corpse and butcher textures do not yet work properly with the new breeds. This is handled separately in the code and needs work.

It seems like the next logical step would be to add "customs" for each and every creature so that we can simply download textures, rename, and drop them in the appropriate folder and bam! new breed. No more waiting for me to add them in. No need to replace an existing texture. I would like to optimize this though, so that we can easily choose how many customs a given creature should have.

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 2

Hmm, Issue we have now is that every time the server restarts the textures on the animals change to something random :/

• Like 1

Hmm, Issue we have now is that every time the server restarts the textures on the animals change to something random :/

That should only happen the first time after installing the mod. You sure it happens each time the server restarts? I tested for it last night.

That should only happen the first time after installing the mod. You sure it happens each time the server restarts? I tested for it last night.

I started it up the first time and had a black rooster and a red chicken. Then restarted and the rooster turned red and the chicken white.

Didn't test it past that. Might try again after im done work

• Like 1

I started it up the first time and had a black rooster and a red chicken. Then restarted and the rooster turned red and the chicken white.

Didn't test it past that. Might try again after im done work

Nah your right. I didn't restart mine enough. Most of my brown cows turned black D: 

*I guess were going to try traits then to handle the breeds. Can you change to OP to the old and more stable version (1.3.1) please. 

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 1

Looks like even when you run far away and come back the color is changed :)

Traits sounds like the best option for sure

• Like 1

So I have been teaching myself some coding and managed to make the traits work  :D

So from now on we are able to have all the different creatures in the game at ones and they won't change textures between restarts :)

MoreAnimalsMod 1.4.1

Let me know if you find any bugs

Enjoy

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody
  • Like 1

Lg1Zbog.jpg?1

Must .. have .. them ... ALL ....

I have a question. I never installed the full mod (I am paranoid at first about WU "breaking" somehow, since I had past issues getting it to initially run), so what i did was simply replace a few files in JAR for just the default 5 horses since that was a procedure I was familiar with.

But now I'd like to add the full mod to our family server, but without the kids needing to run mods yet. 

Is it possible to add this mod at the server level so that any new player joining sees the creatures without needing any installs on their end, or is this ONLY at the client level?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Must .. have .. them ... ALL ....

I have a question. I never installed the full mod (I am paranoid at first about WU "breaking" somehow, since I had past issues getting it to initially run), so what i did was simply replace a few files in JAR for just the default 5 horses since that was a procedure I was familiar with.

But now I'd like to add the full mod to our family server, but without the kids needing to run mods yet. 

Is it possible to add this mod at the server level so that any new player joining sees the creatures without needing any installs on their end, or is this ONLY at the client level?

I'm sure there is a way of making it server side, I will see what I can figure out.

but for now its still partly client side

If you are afraid of crashing your game just make a copy somewhere before you do anything. That way you can always go back

• Like 1

What would be cool is to have a modloader system, sort of like Feed The Beast for Minecraft, where server owners can put together a modpack and the end user will put a code or link into the modloader, which will install anything needed client-side... I should probably post this in Ago's thread, lol.