Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

This mod is fantastic! I'm so impressed. Creating the Wurm we all have dreamed of.

• Like 1

Rolf mentioned something about supporting mods in an email so hopefully they come up with something.

That would be very nice indeed.

Anyone in this thread maybe have a small step by step tutorial on decompiling / recompiling the .java / .class files? I've tried numerous things, but my inexperience with this sort of thing is showing in spades. I tried the online decompilers and they work great, but after I've made my edits in IntelliJ or Net Beans or whatever, I can never get it to recompile. Thanks in advance!

if you can make one of these https://www.google.ca/search?q=olthoi+asheron%27s+call&biw=1920&bih=914&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQsARqFQoTCMeporOl8sgCFZQviAodCUAClQ#

and use the attacking mob of goblins maybe. i'll pay ya silver in wurm onlines live servers

You would need someone who can make custom meshes/models, import them in, assign animations etc. In which case DRUDGES should also be high on the list (maybe that was what you meant by goblins; give them yellow skins, a plank weapon  and mew a lot)   ^_^  But if you were willing to use your imagination a little, and squint your eyes a lot, you might be able to make "olthoi type creatures" using a few reskinned Valrei models, like a Deathcrawler and Drakespirit reskinned to have a more purple and insectiod texture:

250px-Deathcrawler_minion.jpg 250px-Drakespirit.JPG

Speaking of reskinning valrei creatures, maybe for normal WU gameplay also a reskin and retune (so its not so hard!) of the eaglespirit  as a more mundane wild eagle

636px-Eaglespirit.jpg

Drakespirit might also make nice "draklings" that are hard not not valrei-dragon-hard, more like a halfway between a normal troll and a champion troll

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Ok, so after a lot of fooling around I figured out that the butchered panda actually has the bear texture build into the actual model.

Now I don't know a whole lot about making models, but I did manage to get the panda texture on it

3PJLC9w.jpg?1

Now the only issue is that for some reason it still just shows black in game.

Maybe someone who knows more about modelling can take a look at it

• Like 1

One concern: Is the rhode island red called "Rhode island red" ingame? Not very lore friendly. Perhaps call  "Lomaner red" or something.

black as in, black bear texture, or black as in the texture turns solid black?  doublecheck it is the correct file type (Horses were PNG format but bear is JPG it looks. model viewer might take several formats but the game only allow a certain one) and doublecheck all of the paths. 

Doublecheck you are not saving a PNG file but using a JPG name (I am just checking thre types of mistakes I might make myself) as the model viewer may be more forgiving than the game engine. 

Looks like the original is  \creatures\blackbearblackBear_butchered.jpg   -- does the updated graphics jar show the new date? The B in Bear is uppercase etc?

black as in, black bear texture, or black as in the texture turns solid black?

doublecheck it is the correct file type (model viewer might take several formats but the game only allow a certain one) and doublecheck all of the paths. 

Black as in solid black

I have checked a bunch of things, I could have missed something somewhere, just haven't been able to find it yet

One concern: Is the rhode island red called "Rhode island red" ingame? Not very lore friendly. Perhaps call  "Lomaner red" or something.

Will probably just say chicken in game, but we'll find out when Crowley is done the code

Can't wait to be able to add this to a new server world for our cluster :D

But I do have a request. It's a huge request. MASSIVE, even.

Hell Bears.

It has been bugging me since the day I got this game that there are hell hounds, horses, spiders and scorpions... but no bears.

Wouldn't it be terrifying to have a freakin' HELL BEAR!?

I uh... was just wondering if this would be possible :D

• Like 1

Finally got it to work  :D

EsvNSj1.jpg?1

Much easier than I expected.

I made an extra folder in the brownbear folder and called it panda, then added the butchered brownbear model to it and the new panda texture (make sure this is still called Bear_butchered).

Next I changed the mappings file and added this: model.corpse.pandabear.butchered    = creatures/brownbear/panda/BrownBear_butchered.dae

And now it works :)

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody
  • Like 1

i need help installing this mod, is all the animals in the main pack download, or do ya need to 1 by 1 download them? just asking because a fresh server start, cows was coons......

• Like 1

i need help installing this mod, is all the animals in the main pack download, or do ya need to 1 by 1 download them? just asking because a fresh server start, cows was coons......

All the animals that have been coded so far are in the main pack. 

Now you need to make sure you copy all the files into the right folders. 

Crowley did put a little install guide in the file in case you missed it:

Using winRar or similar program to open jar files

Drag and drop the contents of serverJar folder into the server.jar located at Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher 

Drop the contents of graphicsJar folder into the graphics.jar located at Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\packs

Custom horses where designed to be interchangeable with any horse texture you desire. With Horse_custom 1 - 10 texture files you now have a variety of horse texture options without the need to replace existing horses. Be sure to name the texture files appropriately. For example if your changing the look of Horse_custom2_512.png rename your new texture to Horse_custom2_512.png

As long as you put everything in the right spot it should work fine.

Now I think Crowley will have another updated version ready soon so you might just want to wait for that one so you get a bunch of the newer animals too

• Like 1

yea i got it installed, good work, i use teamviewer for acccesing my desktop and kept editing its WU client and not my laptops, haha! oops lmao

• Like 1

Will probably just say chicken in game, but we'll find out when Crowley is done the code

Yeah there going to be chickens with color traits. It's going to take some tinkering because color traits where designed only for horses. Nice work with the panda butchered fix.

*Not using color traits or any sort of traits for non-horses to avoid clutter. Going to make it randomly pick a texture at the given creature creation.

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 4

Yeah there going to be chickens with color traits. It's going to take some tinkering because color traits where designed only for horses. Nice work with the panda butchered fix.

*Not using color traits or any sort of traits for non-horses to avoid clutter. Going to make it randomly pick a texture at the given creature creation.

Traits WOULD be nice as it would allow people to breed specific variants of chicken or whatever, but I can absolutely understand the need to keep clutter down, haha. Cheers!

• Like 1

Would be nice to have some varying dog breeds. German Sheperd, Lab, Golden Retriver, Irish Wolfhound ect to have some variety to dog breeding ^^.

• Like 1

The variations with dogs along with the requested mod for a skill window for pets would make war dog breeding amazing.

I vote for war dogs with trained skills! They start off as only normal dogs and it really takes a lot of animal taming skill and work over and over to make them formidable hunting/fighting companions. Very easy to lose your best trained war dogs if you put them in circumstances over their abilities and without helping them. 

wardog_01.jpg

Also, my wish list for as Animal Trainer Mod (it's more complicated and ambitious  I think than this "more creatures mod" intends) is dogs that can wear a backpack :D

2632196677_404a94b54c.jpg

War Dogs and war bears would be 'easiest' (but not too easy!)  but if you really really wanted, a trained battle chicken would not be out of the question!

hqdefault.jpg

Sorry, I got over-excited and ran off topic again ^_^

I think at this point the current mod is focusing on reskinning current models to expand the overall variety of creatures. And of course eager to draft people with the technical skills to make new meshes with animations.

Correct me if that is wrong. I have a hard time restraining my excitement when I have had too much coffee!

• Like 2

Getting back on topic, might be nice if we have "categories" of animals that can act as a mod resource pack for other modders who want to make specific BIOME SPAWNING mods. or specilized worlds/islands

Some animals like OCELOTS can go into multiiple categories

• Artic animals (white furred wolf + bear, spotted snow leopard,  special reindeer)
  • jungle animals (tiger, snakes, sloth bear) 
  • savannah animals (zebra, 
  • underwater maritime animals ,,,,
  • Like 1

Any chance of retexturing the dog like this? 

http://imgur.com/ZptoIaU

He is half German Shepherd Dog and half Doberman, thus the floppy ears :D

Edited by Breltar
  • Like 1

So after spending a lot of time with the modloader, im not that fond of it. No offense to the creator/s I just don't understand how it works and there's no documentation. So the mod will continue in it's current form until another solution comes along. Be warned any mod that changes the same files as this one will override this mod. With that in mind we should try to limit the number of files we change. Rolf mentioned something about supporting mods in an email so hopefully they come up with something.

new animals and Bamboos coming soon :D

I'm not sure if this count as enough documentation, but there -is- the readme: https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher

I only found it because I've got a mod or two in mind that I'd like to give a go. :)

Edited by Llurendt

Traits WOULD be nice as it would allow people to breed specific variants of chicken or whatever, but I can absolutely understand the need to keep clutter down, haha. Cheers!

That would be very cool and better suited as a 'traits' mod with that sort of thing in mind. This solution (when I get it working) will make adding animals a lot easier because it requires editing only one class. Hopefully get this out tonight.

• Like 1

That would be very cool and better suited as a 'traits' mod with that sort of thing in mind. This solution (when I get it working) will make adding animals a lot easier because it requires editing only one class. Hopefully get this out tonight.

Looking forward to this :)