Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

This mod will add more creatures to your wurm game without replacing the original creatures
I will add more creatures and features over time. 

Link to screenshots: Screenshots

Newest version:
CreatureMod 2.1.0

Includes:

Animals:

Zebra

Ocelot

Regular Bay

Mangalarga Marchador

Skewbald

Piebald

Knabstrupper

Knabstrupper x Appaloosa

Rocky Mountain

Panda Bear

Main Coon

Australorp

Rhode Island Red

Silver campine

Dalmatian

Black Angus

Belted Galloway

Red Wattle
Husky

Patch Notes:

Creaturemod 2.1.0

• Added Foals,Husky,Black Angus, Dalmatian, Belted Galloway, Red Wattle, Silver Campine, Rhode Island Red, Australorp

Creaturemod 2.0.0

• Added horses to the creature demo that Ago put together

Installation:

Step 1: Install Ago's server modloader and client Modloader (make sure you got them working properly and that it's the newest version)

Step 2: Copy both the creaturedemo folder and creaturedemo.properties strait into your mods folder on the server side
Step 3: Start your server using ago's modloader

Done

Feel free to request more but I can't make any promises

Enjoy

credit:
AbsolutelyNobody

Ago
Crowley

And if anyone is interested in making a donation:

http://www.dewitphotography.com/donate

Will be this link for the time being until they fix this forum

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody
  • Like 32

So I sadly was laying in bed watching nothing special and wondering how hard this was..and how hard would it be to make them white and - pink...purple green...or my personal favorite combo of colors teal and. Purple!! Omg I would see my self having a vast amount of rainbow zebra...

Yes totally stayed up past my bed time pondering rainbow zebra and demanding your thread.

Want to learn moding? !!!

Sorry to derail

Booskii :)

• Like 2

This is great. WU has a lot of mod potential. I know some Java and I've been sifting aimlessly through the code. I want to help you out with this. I'll update when I get results.

• Like 1

So I sadly was laying in bed watching nothing special and wondering how hard this was..and how hard would it be to make them white and - pink...purple green...or my personal favorite combo of colors teal and. Purple!! Omg I would see my self having a vast amount of rainbow zebra...

Yes totally stayed up past my bed time pondering rainbow zebra and demanding your thread.

Want to learn moding? !!!

Sorry to derail

Booskii :)

• Like 3

This is great. WU has a lot of mod potential. I know some Java and I've been sifting aimlessly through the code. I want to help you out with this. I'll update when I get results.

• Like 1

This beats skittle unicorns any day! I am very tempted to get it just to add all the fun little things like this.

WTH someone to create al the oddities inside my head...

Roll add the zebra...in the meantime I'll be making a world of oddities

Edited by Booskii
  • Like 2

I love the zebra :) I am thinking of using it for GRAY so that wild horses = zebras, and most bred are normal colors (except grays)

So what is the chance of turning mountain lions into ocelots next? :P

ocelot-rocks.jpg

• Like 1

I love the zebra :) I am thinking of using it for GRAY so that wild horses = zebras, and most bred are normal colors (except grays)

So what is the chance of turning mountain lions into ocelots next? :P

ocelot-rocks.jpg

Here you go :)

nfAHBcp.jpg?1

• Like 2

Nice Job!

Looks great with barding

gDY4JoP.png

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 5

Would be awesome if you can get this working. Maybe even set it up for 5 more horses right away and I'll add a few different ones.

Thanks

I found some interesting bits of code. It looks like each creature has a unique ID and the horse ID is 64. I should be able to copy the code for horse and change the name to zebra or anything else and give the creature it's own ID and template. That way the Zebra would be unique and not need to replace an existing creature. That was the plan anyway until I saw that my decompiled code is full of errors and I'll have to go through and fix them all before I even consider making changes. I'm going to keep at it and hopefully find an easier way.

• Like 2

XPypmSf.jpg?1

Oh she is so beautiful!

I think I will make the zebra the "wild" aka Gray horse, and this one the "white" one

• Like 3

omg that dapple grey is absolutely replacing my stock grey.  I LOVE this.  Can you do a more natural bay for the brown horses??

Edit:  Erm...so how exactly do I replace these things?  I found the graphics.jar but then what?

Edited by JackBinimbul
  • Like 1

omg that dapple grey is absolutely replacing my stock grey.  I LOVE this.  Can you do a more natural bay for the brown horses??

Edit:  Erm...so how exactly do I replace these things?  I found the graphics.jar but then what?

Info is in the original post, but you basically just go into your graphics.jar (using winrar or some such) head to creatures > horses and replace the old model with the new. Just make sure the replaced filename is the same as the original.

This will only show for you atm

Edited by Daolin

Which files are you looking at to make the actual additional creatures instead of just changing existing ones? I want to take a peek at the code :D

Which files are you looking at to make the actual additional creatures instead of just changing existing ones? I want to take a peek at the code :D

Server.jar/com/wurmonline/server/creatures/

CreatureTemplate, CreatureTemplateCreator, CreatureTemplateIds.

might wanna take a look at the creature.class file

I just can't figure out how to edit the files...can open them just fine :)

if(template.isHorse)

{
                    String col = "grey";
                    if(hasTrait(15))
                    {
                        col = "brown";
                    } else
                    if(hasTrait(16))
                    {
                        col = "gold";
                    } else
                    if(hasTrait(17))
                    {
                        col = "black";
                    } else
                    if(hasTrait(18))
                    {
                        col = "white";
                    }

Also if you look in the client file under horse there is a file called mappings

I added the zebra to that

# Horses --------------------------------------------------------------------------

model.creature.quadraped.horse     = creatures/horse/Horse_main.dae?horseMat.specular=0.3,0.3,0.3,1.0&horseMat.shininess=18  
model.creature.quadraped.horse.white = creatures/horse/Horse_main.dae?horseMat.specular=0.3,0.3,0.3,1.0&horseMat.shininess=25   
model.creature.quadraped.horse.black = creatures/horse/Horse_main.dae?horseMat.texture=Horse_Black_512.png&horseMat.specular=0.7,0.7,0.7,1.0&horseMat.shininess=30
model.creature.quadraped.horse.grey   = creatures/horse/Horse_main.dae?horseMat.texture=Horse_Gray_512.png&horseMat.specular=0.5,0.5,0.5,1.0&horseMat.shininess=18
model.creature.quadraped.horse.brown = creatures/horse/Horse_main.dae?horseMat.texture=Horse_Brown_512.png&horseMat.specular=0.7,0.7,0.7,1.0&horseMat.shininess=18   
model.creature.quadraped.horse.gold   = creatures/horse/Horse_main.dae?horseMat.texture=Horse_Yellow_512.png&horseMat.specular=0.4,0.4,0.4,1.0&horseMat.shininess=16 
model.creature.quadraped.horse.zebra   = creatures/horse/Horse_main.dae?horseMat.texture=Horse_Zebra_512.png&horseMat.specular=0.4,0.4,0.4,1.0&horseMat.shininess=16

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody

Find me a picture of what you are thinking for the bay horse, All pictures I find of bay horses look a lot like the regular brown we got

You're right, really.  The original is a dark bay.  A regular bay is a softer brown, not as red, not as dark. LIke so 

equine-index_1.jpg

But you're right, they are so similar that it's kinda "meh".

Maybe I just like the texture you used  :lol:   It seems much higher quality.

If you find out how to ADD colors, THEN I'll be coming back with a long list ;)

Edited by JackBinimbul
  • Like 1

How did you put the new texture file in the .jar?

right click the graphic.jar and click "open with winrar"

Then navigate to creatures/horse

Now drag your new texture right into that window and click ok

Let it do its thing

When its done you can restart your client and you will have the new texture working