Sign in to follow this  
Coolboy

WUA - Web-based admin tool

getting this error when trying to access Servers tab " SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file" how do u set the RMI pass?

Edit: So I figured it out. i guess where the server is located makes a difference. So far it seems that Windows (Vista+) users have to put it in their users folder. Otherwise u get the error above. U can also put w/e u want as RMI pass lol. 

Edited by Saiyan
Solved problem.

Im currently getting this error when trying to change GM powers or give item/money. I am logged in the server and trying it on myself

Failed

It looks like we couldn't proccess your request at this time. Please try again later.

Servers tab shows nothing, click Players Online and nothing happens, and same thing with View all villages.

It has found all the DB files so idk whats going on. Running 0.0.18-Alpha, shouldn't all that be working? or am I misunderstanding these posts?.

Oh, tried it on Edge, Chrome IE and Firefox

Edited by Saiyan

2 hours ago, Saiyan said:

Im currently getting this error when trying to change GM powers or give item/money. I am logged in the server and trying it on myself

Servers tab shows nothing, click Players Online and nothing happens, and same thing with View all villages.

It has found all the DB files so idk whats going on. Running 0.0.18-Alpha, shouldn't all that be working? or am I misunderstanding these posts?.

Oh, tried it on Edge, Chrome IE and Firefox

Hey from what it sounds like you're having problems connecting to the RMI.

Can you verify the following things?

• Your server.jar contains the latest webinterface classes?
  • Some of the features require the player to be logged in to work, can you log in with a player and test those features and see if you get the same error?
  • Your wurm.ini contains "USE_INCOMING_RMI=true"

Can you also look at your wurm.log.0 and see any logs for anything containing "wua"?

5 hours ago, Coolboy said:

Hey from what it sounds like you're having problems connecting to the RMI.

Can you verify the following things?

• Your server.jar contains the latest webinterface classes?
  • Some of the features require the player to be logged in to work, can you log in with a player and test those features and see if you get the same error?
  • Your wurm.ini contains "USE_INCOMING_RMI=true"

Can you also look at your wurm.log.0 and see any logs for anything containing "wua"?

1) well i downloaded all of this stuff last night so I'm sure its up to date.

2) I was logged in with my toon in the server.and i got those errors. I actually got that on this computer that im currently on and my group server.

3) yes it does. Creative mode comes with that line but set false actually.

4) there is no "wua" anywhere in the log.

Also, your instructions on the OP dont mention anything about changing the $serverRoot path or $rmiConfig.

oh btw, I withdrew money from my bank and refreshed the player page and it updated to the new amount. So that means that the RMI has to be working on some level? and I changed one of my skills and it appeared upon refresh so idk whats going on now.

All Players shows up nicely tho

Edited by Saiyan
added more stuff

16 hours ago, Saiyan said:

getting this error when trying to access Servers tab " SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file" how do u set the RMI pass?

Edit: So I figured it out. i guess where the server is located makes a difference. So far it seems that Windows (Vista+) users have to put it in their users folder. Otherwise u get the error above. U can also put w/e u want as RMI pass lol. 

That sounds like you haven't configured your NTFS file security for Wurm's server and/or your web server properly. If the installation is outside of your user folder then you need to configure this, as you would with any service style application. Server applications are usually intended to be run non-interactively by a service account.

3 minutes ago, Adambean said:

That sounds like you haven't configured your NTFS file security for Wurm's server and/or your web server properly. If the installation is outside of your user folder then you need to configure this, as you would with any service style application. Server applications are usually intended to be run non-interactively by a service account.

Hmm.. Interesting.  I wonder if that could cause the current issues I'm having

Yours will have to look slightly different as I doubt many people here will be running a game server on a computer part of an Active Directory network, but this shouldn't be hard to adapt for non-domain networks and standalone servers.

First I have 2 user accounts specifically for running the 2 services in question. SvcApache for the Apache web server, and SvcWurm for running the Wurm game server. These accounts should not have administrative permissions (otherwise you'd just use the built-in LOCAL SERVICE account), but you will need to configure your system/domain so that they can log in as a service (and ideally log in as a batch job too). I tend not to run any non-Microsoft service as the built-in LOCAL SERVICE or SYSTEM accounts so I can be more firm as to what these service accounts can do.

The NTFS file security rules for my Wurm game server folder are:

QZPQA0a.png

The 3 bottom rules are inherited from the Games folder, which houses all my various game server installations. You probably won't have to worry about these as they tend to be fairly standard.

That 2nd rule (Special) is the same as the Modify rule (read, write, execute, and delete) but only applies to sub-folders and files. This stops the Wurm service account being able to remove the root folder entirely.

The folders containing your Wurm worlds would look like this:

KDqnWFc.png

Mostly inherited from above, but with added Apache HTTPD service rules so the web server can modify the databases. You could be tighter with your rules if you want to (like only allowing the Apache HTTP service to modify the SQLite files), but that would be a lot more fiddley. The Apache HTTPD service rules are exactly the same as the Wurm service rules from the parent folder, but set on each world folder instead.

@Coolboy you should probably update the version used in your demo. its using 0.0.7 alpha not 0.0.18.... if i can see it working there then i can try to see whats different in my setups

Hey sorry been busy but if there's no log for wua in the wurm.log file then WUA can't make connection with the RMI on your server. The data that you see in WUA is gathered from the DB files not RMI, the only time RMI process takes place is when you change player's power, add item, mute, ban and getting server player count. So I would say make sure your RMI is enabled and your config.php is configured correctly to connect to the RMI.

And about the demo, the reason I haven't updated it to the latest version cause then I would need to setup a demo wurm server for it to talk to unless I change the code to have static data and I rather not do that.

10 hours ago, Coolboy said:

Hey sorry been busy

You don't have to apologise for that :)

20 hours ago, Coolboy said:

Hey sorry been busy but if there's no log for wua in the wurm.log file then WUA can't make connection with the RMI on your server. The data that you see in WUA is gathered from the DB files not RMI, the only time RMI process takes place is when you change player's power, add item, mute, ban and getting server player count. So I would say make sure your RMI is enabled and your config.php is configured correctly to connect to the RMI.

And about the demo, the reason I haven't updated it to the latest version cause then I would need to setup a demo wurm server for it to talk to unless I change the code to have static data and I rather not do that.

here is what is in the spot in the config.php.

$rmiConfig = array(
    "wuaClientLocation" => dirname(__FILE__) . "/WUAHelper.jar",
    "ip" => "192.168.1.138",
    "port" => 7221, 
    "password" => "test"

what/where is the information that im supposed to set to this at. and i asked this before, how do i add the RMI pass to the server. is there a variable or parameter to set the pass? is it the intra password? honestly, you're not being very specific on what to do. i also tried the port on 7220, same thing.

also, would using agos's modloader affect anything? cuz i have tried it without the modlauncher and same thing so i dont think thats it.

Edited by Saiyan

Sorry if I'm not being very specific but here's a basic guide just for you.

• Go to your WurmUnlimitedServer/yourmap/. In there open the "wurm.ini" file with any text editor and add the following line at the end of the file.
USE_INCOMING_RMI=true

• Next start the WurmServerLauncher.exe
  • Take note of the following two fields boxed in this image
  • tut_1.png
  • Now go to the "config.php" file for WUA and update the RMI port and password with the items boxed above (Make sure you use your info not mine)
  • Now start your wurm unlimited server and make sure RMI gets started as well. To check if RMI started look at the command prompt for "RMI Register listening on ........." Here's a screenshot:tut_2.png

That's it, now to test if WUA works just go to the servers tab and wait couple of seconds and your server should popup there. The reason it takes a bit for the server to pop up cause the application calls out to WUAHelper to connect to the server RMI to get player count. Once it gets the count it displays your server with the count of players.

Let me know if you're still having issues.

Edited by Coolboy

OMG IT WORKED!  thank you you. sry if ive been too much of a noob.

I do have a question tho, does it work better if I put the WUAHelper jar into the server folder or do i just leave it just in the includes folder?

I do now have some requests

1) Add a player user group that really has no ability to change GM powers maybe to just mute and ban is fine.

2) Players Online and View all villages still doesnt come up at all. 

3) Restart server button? might be in the thread alerady but im too lazy to re-read :P

when clicking the server tab, it pops up saying " It looks like we couldn't proccess your request at this time. Please try again later" but broadcasts still work. 

Edit: trying to edit/add email and getting this error : "No valid method supplied" btw this works great for being an alpha :D

Edited by Saiyan
Found another prolbem

I have  the same issues as Saiyan: My Players Online link does nothing. I can see All Players and view / edit inventories, etc, but the specific "Players Online" link does nothing when clicked. In fact, it looks like it just adds a "#" to the end of whatever url you're currently looking at. Example: "http://localhost/WUA/players/#" if I'm looking at "http://localhost/WUA/players/" or "http://localhost/WUA/players/view/?id=20194304#" if I'm looking at a specific player.Villages does the same thing. I also get the "FAILED: It looks like we couldn't proccess your request at this time. Please try again later" error when clicking the "servers" link and I see no "Uptime" statistics. Broadcast does work.

Edited by Scrubbs

13 hours ago, Scrubbs said:

I have  the same issues as Saiyan: My Players Online link does nothing

Villages does the same thing

I also get the "FAILED: It looks like we couldn't proccess your request at this time.

Please try again later" error when clicking the "servers" link and I see no "Uptime" statistics.

That's because those aren't implemented yet.

• Like 1

Hello Coolboy,

There is a problem with Send Broadcast when I'm using non US-ASCII symbols. I've look at source code and I think problem is in

<WUAhelper.class>

broadcastMessage(paramters[0].toString())

There is UTF-8 String in paramters[0] already. 

On 11/29/2015, 9:33:07, Saiyan said:

OMG IT WORKED!  thank you you. sry if ive been too much of a noob.

I do have a question tho, does it work better if I put the WUAHelper jar into the server folder or do i just leave it just in the includes folder?

I do now have some requests

1) Add a player user group that really has no ability to change GM powers maybe to just mute and ban is fine.

2) Players Online and View all villages still doesnt come up at all. 

3) Restart server button? might be in the thread alerady but im too lazy to re-read :P

when clicking the server tab, it pops up saying " It looks like we couldn't proccess your request at this time. Please try again later" but broadcasts still work. 

Edit: trying to edit/add email and getting this error : "No valid method supplied" btw this works great for being an alpha :D

Good to hear and keep WUAHelper in the includes folder.

As for your requests

1. It is a planned feature, that's why when you're creating a user you pick a level for them.
  2. Those haven't been implemented in the current released version.
  3. It could be a possibility but will probably be after I get the other features added.

If you look at the wurm.log and see if there is any errors WUA is throwing?

And I'll look into the changing email, I implemented but never tested it lol.

Edited by Coolboy

On 12/1/2015, 2:13:28, Ardash said:

Hello Coolboy,

There is a problem with Send Broadcast when I'm using non US-ASCII symbols. I've look at source code and I think problem is in

<WUAhelper.class>

broadcastMessage(paramters[0].toString())

There is UTF-8 String in paramters[0] already. 

Hey I'll look into this tonight.

I also noticed that in your screenshots (screenshot_9 to be exact) in OP, the uptime shows in demo 0.0.7 but not in the 0.0.18 alpha. just thought I'd point that out.

what changed between that version and this one? or did we do something wrong?

Edit: just found this error in the logs twice, 2 different characters

Nov 30, 2015 1:25:14 PM com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl wuaChangePower
WARNING: Failed to save the player information. Power not changed - Phxtwisted
com.wurmonline.server.NoSuchPlayerException: Phxtwisted
    at com.wurmonline.server.Players.getPlayer(Players.java:593)
    at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.wuaChangePower(WebInterfaceImpl.java:3633)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.lambda$run$256(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

idk...

Edited by Saiyan

11 hours ago, Saiyan said:

I also noticed that in your screenshots (screenshot_9 to be exact) in OP, the uptime shows in demo 0.0.7 but not in the 0.0.18 alpha. just thought I'd point that out.

what changed between that version and this one? or did we do something wrong?

Edit: just found this error in the logs twice, 2 different characters

idk...

I think you have it backwards? The uptime should show up / be working in 0.0.18-Alpha but shouldn't exist in 0.0.7-Alpha. In the screenshot_9.

And the reason you're getting that error is because the character isn't logged in. The change power and some other (if you look back a few post you'll find em) in WUAHelper / WebInterfaces classes provided in 0.0.18-Alpha only works if the player is in-game.

7 hours ago, Coolboy said:

I think you have it backwards? The uptime should show up / be working in 0.0.18-Alpha but shouldn't exist in 0.0.7-Alpha. In the screenshot_9.

And the reason you're getting that error is because the character isn't logged in. The change power and some other (if you look back a few post you'll find em) in WUAHelper / WebInterfaces classes provided in 0.0.18-Alpha only works if the player is in-game.

ok. i didnt see the version there im sry. but why isnt uptime working for me then? that is whats puzzling me...

Error makes sense too. i remember that now.

I think the latest patch may have broken this tool.  Post patch (after re-adding the 3 web class files), I tried to add some money into a players account, and it caused the server to crash.

7 hours ago, Kron said:

I think the latest patch may have broken this tool.  Post patch (after re-adding the 3 web class files), I tried to add some money into a players account, and it caused the server to crash.

I second this as well lol. tho now im getting the same errors i had b4 i fixed the password and what not. like nothing showing up in servers tab. 

Thirded (if that's a word). I tried to change a player's power (after making sure I'd applied the custom classes this time), just got "Error". Nothing is in the server's log when attempting to do this, so it'd suggest the issue would be contacting the RMI at all (rather than a bad command).

I'll look into it, not sure why you guys are getting an error all of a sudden. Was there a wu update? If so did it by any chance touch the webinterface classes? This weekend is pretty busy (have guest over from NY) so I'll try to look into it on Monday.

Edit.

Got informed that there was an update and it affected the webinterface classes. Explains why you guys are getting errors / server crashes. 

Edited by Coolboy