Sign in to follow this  
Coolboy

WUA - Web-based admin tool

Cant you just "USE_INCOMING_RMI=true" in the wurm.ini

Hmmm didn't think of that, let me try it and see if it works.

EDIT: Yup that works! I'll update the guide so use that method, thanks for the suggestion! :)

Edited by Coolboy

Haha yeah :P What do you guys think of having multiple servers show up on the admin interface? I could just rewrite the config file so support more servers and then could just have a drop down somewhere that lets the admin pick which server the would like to see or something?

• Like 2

I would think get 1.0 out with single server, that way multiple people can use it and test it and feedback its features / bugs. Then for version 1.1 maybe you could add that feature? Just my thoughts on it.

• Like 1

Totally agree with that, it was just a thought that occurred to me while I was doing homework lol. I should probably make a timeline and feature list lol, but I'll do that once I've finished all of my homework (1 more to go lol).

Also updated the screenshots in the first post to show the new features. Haven't had the time to update demo to current version but I'm going to try updating it tonight.

Edited by Coolboy

I would think get 1.0 out with single server, that way multiple people can use it and test it and feedback its features / bugs. Then for version 1.1 maybe you could add that feature? Just my thoughts on it.

Good call. Multiple servers would be nice, but only a small number of us would need that. Best to (near) perfect managing one server first.

• Like 2

Yup, that's the plan.

I'm slowly realizing that I might have to make my own RMI server as a mod because right now I'm hooking into the web interface but that doesn't have all the functions I need. Hence why I think I should just make my own RMI server, but I would need to make the mod link back to the web interface cause I rather not rewrite code.

EDIT: Okay so making a mod and linking it to the web interface would get pretty complicated pretty quick so instead I'm going to just make the functions WUA will be requiring in the webinterface class. So that means people would have to replace the com/Wurmonline/server/web interface/WebInterfaceImpl and com/Wurmonline/server/web interface/WebInterface with the once I supply. That being said if someone would like to make a mod rather then editing the web interface class go for it :)

Edited by Coolboy
  • Like 1

Take a look at Jonneh's JSON RMI API. I think it was just posted today... might be helpful!

Take a look at Jonneh's JSON RMI API. I think it was just posted today... might be helpful!

Took a look and it's nice :) It's doing a JSON version of what the WUAHelper does (somewhat).

Great work Coolboy. If I download this from the github, is it in a working state? I was about to, but saw your commits saying that it was pre-release and some thing weren't working.

Also, in its current state, does any of the GM level commands used via your web tool get logged as if I was doing it ingame? Trying to keep a level of transparency, and if a GM is able to add money to a player bank via this tool, it would be nice to be able to have this recorded in the same log that is written if that same GM were to do the #addmoney command ingame.

Great work Coolboy. If I download this from the github, is it in a working state? I was about to, but saw your commits saying that it was pre-release and some thing weren't working.

Thank you and this is still in alpha stage and that being said, only some basic functionality works. Here's a list of things that are working so far:

• Admin - Done

Server - In progress

• Getting server - Done

Getting player count - Done

Getting uptime - Done

Shutdown server - Done

Change game mode - Not started yet

Change cluster - Not started yet

Change wurm time - Not started yet

Send broadcast - Done

Player - In progress

• Getting online players - Not started yet

Getting all players - Done

Viewing single player - Done

Ban/Unban, Mute/Unmute player - Done

Change power - Done

Add money - Done

Change email - In progress

Change kingdom - Done

Getting player inventory - Done

Adding Items to player - In progress

Removing item from player - Not started yet

Getting player skills - Done

Changing player skill - Not started yet

Village - Not started yet

Edited by Coolboy

Also, in its current state, does any of the GM level commands used via your web tool get logged as if I was doing it ingame? Trying to keep a level of transparency, and if a GM is able to add money to a player bank via this tool, it would be nice to be able to have this recorded in the same log that is written if that same GM were to do the #addmoney command ingame.

Yes, any commands done by GM from the tool get recorded just like the in-game GM commands gets recorded. As of right now it doesn't log which GM did it but will be adding at some time today.

Yes, any commands done by GM from the tool get recorded just like the in-game GM commands gets recorded. As of right now it doesn't log which GM did it but will be adding at some time today.

So if it doesn't log which GM did it how does it know which .log file to put the entry into? Currently any GM activities are placed in a named log file. For example, my gm character is Odingm. So when I teleport to someone, the game writes an entry of that into a file in the root wurm folder called Odingm.log.

So if it doesn't log which GM did it how does it know which .log file to put the entry into? Currently any GM activities are placed in a named log file. For example, my gm character is Odingm. So when I teleport to someone, the game writes an entry of that into a file in the root wurm folder called Odingm.log.

As of right now it get logged in the wurm.log file

logfile.png

Trying to get it to work on my test server, but I am not able to get past the login screen. I modified the server.jar file with the 3 files in the webinterface folder. I've made sure the php.ini file has that one extension uncommented. I doubled checked the RMI port, and password, and used 127.0.0.1 as the IP since the webserver and server are on the same host. Does the $serverRoot path need to be the full path including the \sqlite folder? Also, since I am running this in Windows, do I need to escape each "\", basically using double "\\"?

Trying to get it to work on my test server, but I am not able to get past the login screen. I modified the server.jar file with the 3 files in the webinterface folder. I've made sure the php.ini file has that one extension uncommented. I doubled checked the RMI port, and password, and used 127.0.0.1 as the IP since the webserver and server are on the same host. Does the $serverRoot path need to be the full path including the \sqlite folder? Also, since I am running this in Windows, do I need to escape each "\", basically using double "\\"?

I am using Chrome, and tested on MS Edge. No errors are spitting out of the logs. I have the following settings enabled in the php.ini:

error_reporting = E_ALL

display_errors = On

log_errors =On

error_log="D:\Logs\PHP\php-errors.log"

I checked and no recent errors relating to this.

So we figured out his PHP version was on 5.3 when it needed to be on 5.5.0 or higher. That was the problem, Kron let me know if you have any other issues :)

Edited by Coolboy

whew 5.5 is a rough requirement for most people. Standard for most is 5.4 still.

whew 5.5 is a rough requirement for most people. Standard for most is 5.4 still.

Edited by Adambean

There's a few functions or maybe just one that require 5.5 that's why I'm using 5.5, but I'm when I get a chance I'm going to see I can change that function so it doesn't require 5.5. That being said I could probably bump it down to requiring at least 5.3.7.

• Like 1