Sign in to follow this  
Aum

[Beta] Dereth 4k + 2k - Asherons call ++ other maps

Although the biom looks pretty accurate, not sure how it feels in game, definitely needs more work. but i thought i would toss it up for you guys that have been waiting

plus a peak at some other maps i found and hacked together xD, i never did play asherons call so you guys have to help me out with the lore

Heightmap 98% complete

Bioms 30% complete

Dereth 4096 Beta1

CNnOQJm.jpg

Download https://db.tt/Z78Xt2j2Ad

Spoiler

KxsHE5S.jpg

Dereth 2048 alpha1

zPkv5q1.png

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1xaifco8r9y4ec/Dereth%20Asherons%20Call%202048%20wip1.7z?dl=0

------

OSTETH WIP

88tr7V7.jpg

OMISHAN WIP

0E81Hyb.jpg

KNORR WIP

jzH02eC.jpg

ARRAVAK WIP

qbvXnkj.jpg

Coming Soon™

Edited by Aum
Updated
  • Like 9

I fixed the 8bit problem with a 1 pixel radius gaussian blur in photoshop, it smoothed out the map quite nice

Bit too smooth compared to the original posted before.  Try making a high frequency dither noise in photoshop of small values near gray and blend that in.

Edited by yarnevk

I LOVE YOU . 2000 to still now i own my AC account.  and often deed using the game town names, was wondering how to make it

lol hence my profile pic,  i have nice olthoi pic i plan to get tattooed, for past 10 yr

working really well, i was able to load it in an editor and add some biodomes, , trying to build arwic, with the old sub mines,  put in protals. but they only go to where i set one, i hope to find away to let it act like subway.  use each portal to fast travel to each end of the map, just like AC ;-)6

Edited by validate
  • Like 1

now playing this map a few hrs now,  I really want someone to make me olthoi's  to add in as aggressive critters. :)

Aum, make sure to check out the other generators that have been posted... they seem to be making faster progress than Buddha's, haha.

i have tested them all, i am currently using arpy's edit as its the best one i feel atm for importing heightmaps, the cliff ratio and drop dirt fixes

i could use AK's command line tool to import biomes but its really not so user friendly :P

i think the api still has the rock layer bug that blayze mentions on page 20 of wgenerator post, which makes the opening a mine do some weird things and where rock and grass tiles meet is way bugged. able to dig down some tiles with rock on one side and grass on the other.

on a side note maybe somewhere in the database you can edit the name of spiders to olthois :P

Registered just to say this is awesome.

Looking forward to more refinements!

Edited by kaos00723

Not sure if you knew this or not but there's a much newer heightmap: Here

And heightmap to actual in-game heights data: Here

• Like 1

Looks cool but its not useful at all.

Walking and traveling on that terrain will be awful.

I was there. I have caught a horse and visited 3/5 of the continent. No problem. There are no trees.

• Like 1

Will update soon, and work on a 4k version as well

• Like 2

small teaser from the 4k map, trying to get a feel for the right height, this is imported at 6000 max height and is feeling nice, im just working on my biome and touching up the heightmap still as the ocean was much to shallow.

4bqFcLY.jpg

• Like 2

fixed download link

still doesnt have trees!  but the heightmap is included in the zip if you wanna paint your own bioms =P