Sign in to follow this  
Leann

Season and Event Changing

Hi Me and my family made a server and we wanted to add the whole season changing and holiday events but we can't figure out how we do that, I tried searching how you can make a Halloween event or changing the season to fall, etc. but nothing has come up. We want to add and do the specials things on our server like Wurm Online does to theirs. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

Basically, the world time is stored as an integer (I believe in seconds passed) inside the loginserver database. It is possible to advanced time by increasing this integer, though it's very trial and error. Basically, you have to change it, boot up the server, see what time / date it is, then increase or decrease more and repeat until it's about where you want it.

Can you explain in steps how i would change that lol, sorry, I'm not that fully computer literate, i just know the basics. Also, there is is still no way to do events?, like Halloween event or a Christmas Special event, stuff like that.

You'll need download a sql compliant database viewer like SqliteBrowser.

Then, using it, open the wurmlogin database located at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Your server name\sqlite\wurmlogin

Click the Browse Data tab near the top.

Choose the "SERVERS" table from the drop down list.

Scroll right until you see a column labeled "WORLDTIME".

The number underneath is the total elapsed time in seconds, so, to increase it say, a day, you would add 86400 to it. So just increase it to your desired amount.

Then, hit enter, click "Write Changes" at the top and you're done.

Good luck. :)

Edited by Acurapassion

ok i tried it and it works, but how do I know what the exact day is on the server so i can change it to fall?

ok thanks, also another question i cant seem to find an answer to, I did the first part of my conch quest to become a witch, I have the Black Tome and from what I read, I can summon a Wraith, but I can't figure out how. I already used it and it said that i will now be knowned as a witch, but how do i cast spells and stuff or summon a wraith?

Edited by Leann

ok thanks, also another question i cant seem to find an answer to, I did the first part of my conch quest to become a witch, I have the Black Tome and from what I read, I can summon a Wraith, but I can't figure out how. I already used it and it said that i will now be knowned as a witch, but how do i cast spells and stuff or summon a wraith?

Probably should make a new thread to ask this, unfortunately, I don't know anything about Sorcery. Sorry