Sign in to follow this  
Taufiq

Tree growth is set to 0 in the default databases and is not able to be configured through the gui

It looks probable that my problem was user error on my part.

Before editing the database, I made a backup copy. Unfortunately the name of the server folder was long and I did not notice my server launcher was somehow loading the backup copy (ie, BEFORE the edits) instead of the revised. Since I made a lot of changes to my world in the last day or twi, I now have to revise that one instead and give it another day or two but I am guessing my sprouts will probably no longer die. 

And I renamed the folder to something very SHORT.

I should mention that I am also running a dedicated linux server that runs 24 x 7 - wondering if the constant run is making the difference for you.

Think I figured it out while the wurmlogin.db was showing 20 in the main databse structure sqlite viewing window....using browse data shows it at 0 very odd that one would show 20 and same program via another view shows 0.

Anyway will adjust this and see if that does the trick.

Edited by Jovena

So, Lowering this number will make trees spread faster? For instance changing it to 10 will give it a 1 in 10 chance of spreading? 

So, Lowering this number will make trees spread faster? For instance changing it to 10 will give it a 1 in 10 chance of spreading? 

Yep this how I understand it to work! :)

Workaround

This workaround is only recommended if you feel confident in modifying the database, otherwise you can wait until the fix has been released. You should not update the database without first shutting down the server and making a backup.

When? Why it take you so long?

Yes. After yesterdays update you can change tree growth in server UI. And default for fresh maps is 20. Also by setting that value manually i have not had any problems either with trees, bushes and etc for more than a week.

is there allready a fix officially?

Should be an option in your server window under the local server tab now, very bottom - will be set to 0 if your server was made before their earlier 'fix'.

I dig that there's an option now.  I can clear cut areas without them becoming overgrown once more and turn it on when I want growth.

will setting treegrowth to 20 also resolve issue with not growing and disappearing sprouts planted by players?

when will spread and growth timers be separated into 2 configurable options ? i want growth but i dont want spread