Sign in to follow this  
Spiderlips

Wurm Unlimited Server Setup

ok so i just got wurm unlimited today, and im confused about how it works. i wanted to try and make a solo world just to play alone, but i cannot for the life of me seem to figure out how to properly setup a server. I also tried researching to see if i could find answers but nobody seems to know, or they are not fully explaining it. :( i was really excited to play this and some help would be greatly appreciated.    Thanks!

Hahahaha.....

I didn't see the video sooner, but I did exactly that and when he clicked LAN then said there it is, well mine wasn't, it was in internet tab and trying to connect it would just time out. Best of luck to all guess I'm one of 5 that just couldnt get it to work.

Hahahaha.....

I didn't see the video sooner, but I did exactly that and when he clicked LAN then said there it is, well mine wasn't, it was in internet tab and trying to connect it would just time out. Best of luck to all guess I'm one of 5 that just couldnt get it to work.

Edited by gelavin

windows cmd ipconfig will list which address on your PC is your LAN card usually a 192.168.#.# as shown in the video.  Don't use your wifi adaptor it does not work, make sure it is your ethernet adaptor.  You also have to go to the local server tab and make sure it has a server name and has that address.   

Edited by yarnevk

I have been looking all over the place but I can't find how to get the server onto the internet side instead of LAN.  I would like to have others join my game but I am not sure where to go to open the steam ports.  I know what the ports need to be but not where to change them.  Not sure where to change the firewall or the router, any help would be amazing!  Still here....

Edited by Taijyn