Sign in to follow this  
katitude

Body not in inventory

What happened to the option "Body in inventory" . Not showing up in one of the "settings". When clicked in other "settings" it doesnt save.

I know, I have to use the paperdoll to access the BODY submenus but I want it in the inventory. I tried changing the config file I found 

\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default\gamesettings.txt

show_body_in_inventory=TRUE

but it just reverts back to FALSE again next login.  Does anyone have the path to a file that will work?

edit: No wait I think now it worked, I also made a copy of "default" folder and called it "notdefault" and edited that one

But I think the problem was just using uppercase for TRUE, I made it lowercase and now it seems to work: That or I did something wrong the first time which is always a high probability with me. It works now, is the main thing. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

didnt work for me.. gave me the option so i could click it but after loading game, body wasnt in inventory. Guess i will have to wait for the devs to make it available again :(

When I tried it at first, it defaulted back to FALSE. I am not sure how I got it to stick on TRUE except now it has. The two things I did was start/stop/exit/restart both the game and the server a few times, check file permissions to make sure it was not read-only, retype "true" as lowercase in case it was case-sensitive, make a second config folder called "notdefault" and edit that one too then switch my char settings to to "notdefault" in case "default" was somehow protected.. I never clicked the checkbox option in settings because I never spotted it there. 

For some reason it did NOT work at first but after I fiddled a bot it idid, and I am not sure what made the difference. I now have body showing in inventory however.

In the settings under the game tab there is an option to display body in inventory.

It's not in there for some reason and other settings are missing or not working too. It's in the in game settings window still though.

Ingame it is greyed out so you cannot change it while ingame, only in the launcher. In the launcher it does not appear.

edit: well maybe not. Either my eyes were deceiving me and it was not really disabled, OR when I added it it allowed it, for whatever reason I now see it ingame too although I swear that was the very first place I checked ;p

But I am old and sometimes confused.