Sign in to follow this  
CitadelServers

Rentable Wurm Dedicated Game Server Hosting at CitadelServers.com

4 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

My brothers is but he don't have mods on his server and never has.

Interesting. Good to know. Thank you. Did he get the Wurm update ok?

Few questions need to ask?

Is it possible your DB got corrupted?

Look at your mods very care full and what they was doing on your server.

Example one of my features is i allow 600 items to a large crate and 300 to a small. Now if I launch my server with out this feature after it had already been running on server what can happen is a ton of errors cause the default would say hay there suppose to be only 300 in the large and 150 in the small. This could cause the DB to get messed up If starting it with out the feature. 

This could be what happened and why it want crank up. If you like download the folder containing your server and rar it up and post it so I can get it I will run it on the side on my machine and open the log files see if there is anything going wrong.

8 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

My brothers is but he don't have mods on his server and never has.

No, all the mods and even the modloader are uninstalled and it's still not working. I have a very high level techie working on it, and he says it's on Citadel's side.

do you have a "consumer affairs" in your country, or ombudsman, if they aren't holding up their end of the bargain, and your extremely dissatisified I would be looking into them, to find out what is going on with this company, just a thought.

Batta my servers are running now, i forget to upload the single files from the modloader, but anyway, i also got a response, Eric from citadel told me, the modloader is updated now. just reinstall and then install it again. the mods should all run except maybe surfaceminingfix but there is a update in the forum.

disable this mod if you have not the actual version because this will stop your server, and look what happens.

good luck

Eject

Edited by Eject

I help a friend run a wurm server through these guys, They won't answer his support tickets, except the first one with a basic copy and paste answer, I don't think they even read his ticket. Server won't run with latest update from what I can tell and they blaming the modloader, but I even wiped the server to vanilla wurm server and its still won't even boot. I wouldn't rent through these guys, go pay dollar more at gtxgaming and actually get people who will answer your tickets. I have rented quite a few servers through citadel and at first they seem decent but after while they stop providing that same support u get as a new customer.

We also are having this same issue.  I was told to uninstall and reinstall modloader.  That hasn't worked.  Steam Update doesn't seem to work either.  Went into file manager and deleted everything that was under mods, because we saw that those could stop it from loading also.  That didn't help either.

We have done all of those steps multiple times hoping for a different outcome but server still cant be connected to.  Ticket opened yesterday early in the morning, and got one response, then nothing.  I'm ready to cancel and go elsewhere.  This is quite ridiculous.  Obviously they have some type of problems and aren't communicating it to their customers.

2 servers are updated but one dont like to update

error:

Error! App '402370' state is 0x606 after update job.

and the whole day no response

I have just written to another server host to see whether they are, in fact, running smoothly, and whether they would be able to get our game up & running if we just copied the non-working files over to them.

Talk with Lyon and the gang at Pingperfect if you can't get it resolved. Had issue this morning and Lyon with quick easy fixed it for me and now my map update is so easy now on my web I just click a button and bam map is updated I could prob set up a simple task and have it do it every day at same time just like I have my server restart on auto, but I'm busy on making a new island former for the wand of seas cause it does a not so pritty island.

Hello, the latest wurm update, if you were using the mod-loader, requires that you click the uninstall and then install in the mod-manager to get the latest version, the older version of the mod-loader is no longer compatible with this latest update. Doing this will install the latest version, as it has always been.

This is the same for third party mods you use with the modloader, many of these are outdated and no longer working. We recommend you disable the mods you currently have and slowly re-activate them one by one until it stops functioning, the webconsole will display an error if a mod is at fault, however the best solution would be to chase up the third party mods for updates that you use and upload them, this can be done via the file manager or FTP

Wow these guys don't read very well, vanilla server not running, you still haven't answered my friends ticket and you keep posting same thing over and over. Why isn't a vanilla wurm server not booting then and pulling pid errors and then crashes. 2 days of down time, you guys pretty much destroyed what community he had on there. I will be talking him into canceling, cause I won't manage a server through you guys anymore.

Also on what you said, on his server no the web console or logs won't show anything cause we wiped the server to make sure it wasn't just the modloader and the server won't post/boot in first place to create these logs.

Ok now they finally answered his ticket after he threatened them.

Edited by Nocturnalist

yesterday i had also a pid error, the issue on my side was a outdated mod

i know the response time could be better, but a lot of the problems is selfmade

Ya they keep telling me that but its a wiped server vanilla wurm server, its getting canceled, doesn't matter anymore.

I had a techie try my game server over on his private host (not available for us to use) and it worked fine. So it's not my files, it's Citadel.  Citadel continues to ignore my support ticket and to leave us with no working game.

This guy continues to go on and on about mod files. 

I continue to explain that MOD files are irrelevant.  Vanilla, no mods, should be functional and players able to connect to it.  It's going over his head for some reason and I'm done.  I am giving them until 7am CST to fix my server or I'm cancelling and finding a new host.  This is ludicrous.

2 minutes ago, Eudaemonea said:

This guy continues to go on and on about mod files. 

I continue to explain that MOD files are irrelevant.  Vanilla, no mods, should be functional and players able to connect to it.  It's going over his head for some reason and I'm done.  I am giving them until 7am CST to fix my server or I'm cancelling and finding a new host.  This is ludicrous.

I'm getting no response from them at all, but maybe that's no better or worse than what you're getting.

3 minutes ago, Batta said:

I'm getting no response from them at all, but maybe that's no better or worse than what you're getting.

Hello, please PM me your ticket number and we will investigate and resolve this for you. We have had many tickets regarding this wurm-update and anyone using the modloader\mods would be affected

23 minutes ago, CitadelServers said:

Hello, please PM me your ticket number and we will investigate and resolve this for you. We have had many tickets regarding this wurm-update and anyone using the modloader\mods would be affected

We have already uninstalled the modloader and removed all mods. That isn't the problem.

We solved our issue, we moved to another company. 12 hrs to answer a ticket then several to fix the issue was enough. We paid our bills on time and even had a few month paid in advance.

Hope now is to get the credit and monies owed paid back. 

Has any one got a list of all the working mods......

because I am having so much trouble at ping perfect that I am ready to quite every thing....

damn PTSD.....

29 minutes ago, Tipsy said:

because I am having so much trouble at ping perfect that I am ready to quite every thing....

damn PTSD.....

I helped a guy that hosts his server on ping perfect get his stuff ready to go before the update using the beta. PM me.

12 hours ago, Tipsy said:

damn PTSD.....

This has been resolved for you, one of the mods you had was causing the problem.