Sign in to follow this  
CitadelServers

Rentable Wurm Dedicated Game Server Hosting at CitadelServers.com

6 hours ago, TigerTen said:

Hey Citadel, do you support wurm clock mod? Want to use it work my server, want to know how to use it :D

Hi there, yes the Wurm Clock mod is supported, please raise a support ticket with us if you need assistance utilizing it

6 hours ago, TigerTen said:

Hey Citadel, do you support wurm clock mod? Want to use it work my server, want to know how to use it :D

If i understand it right, the rmi connection from outside does not work realy, but from a conversation with citadel i know now, they are working on a solution that the WUA tool (webbased wurm administration) will work. 

Maybe then, the WU Clock will also work for us.

@CitadelServersif something is wrong what said, please correct me ;)

Hopefully the WUA tool will work soon ^^

Kind regards

Eject

Edited by Eject

Oh typed at same time and now i see, i spoked from another tool =) i was speaking not about a mod, i mean a local software

Edited by Eject

[IMG]

Citadel Servers proudly presents, the Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2016 sale! 10% off all servers with the code BFCM10

This code works for all games, billing cycles, and every new purchase.

Click here to Order Your Server

Edited by CitadelServers
  • Like 1

This code works for all games, billing cycles, and every new purchase

this means i can get the 10% off too?

Just now, Eject said:

This code works for all games, billing cycles, and every new purchase

this means i can get the 10% off too?

Hi Eject, this is any new order, if you order any new game or voice server with us, they will have 10% off with this code, this is recurring and stacks with billing cycles e.g. 20% off for annual commitment

ohhhh, so the 4th server is buyed too fast hehe

but thanks for your information

Eject

Black Friday Finale Special Offer

End of black friday - Today only (29th November)

Order just 1GB of RAM for your Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Game server and get the 2nd GB of RAM Free!

Order your Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Game Server today.

level_up_free_ram_upgrade.png

My experience with Citadel Servers customer service for "extras" is totally different than what many have written here. I'm weeks into it, and I still have no working mailboxes, and several mods that just won't work. I had trouble extracting some of the mod folders and eventually was told that the problem was that I had been extracting them incorrectly.  The only way I can see to extract them is to click the icon that says Extract. Some worked, others didn't. Then they said some of my mods had gone into a sub-folder, also called mod (/mod/mod). I was apparently supposed to zip them back up and move them to the main mod folder, but I have no idea how that's done on a hosted server.

Finally, I had my very important upkeepcosts mod stop working all of a sudden, and the crafting window stopped working for floors, stairs, and ladders. I wrote to them and received no response AT ALL for 11 days, despite my replying to the support ticket every few days to let them know I was still needing help. When I finally started a new support ticket, I found out that they hadn't responded because they don't help with this sort of issue. But nobody even bothered to tell me that, while I waited for 11 days!  And, of course, I'm still stuck with the problems. They said it will cost me $15 per time if I want any "premium support" of this nature. The person I dealt with suggested I need to download the database and edit it using sqlite.  No clues as to what file would constitute the database - everything? something specific? - nor how or what to edit. 

Today, my betterdigging mod suddenly stopped working, as well.  I have no idea what's going on, and this server host is not helping. Given the "point and click" promise and the "no sqlite editing" promise, I'm terribly dissatisfied. I don't want to start fresh with a new host because I have players who have invested weeks of work into this one, and I have no way of knowing whether the problems would persist with a new host. I don't know why I'm not getting the same level of help that others have received -- for the exact same issues, in many cases. I can only assume they don't like my attitude? My photo reminds someone of his ex? My ignorance is so astounding that they are appalled that I'd dare try to run a custom-modded server at all? 

So my experience is:  if you know almost nothing techie, and you don't understand techie talk, you aren't guaranteed to get the same level of service from Citadel Servers that many people here are describing. If you want extra mods - such as bounty mod! - you're on your own to figure out how to make it work. Turn off server, upload zip file to mod folder, unzip, configure, update database, turn server back on -- this works MOST of the time, but not ALL of the time, and there is no guarantee of support for the times it doesn't work.

----------

EDIT: Those who switched from Citadel Servers -- who did you choose, and did it resolve the problems for you?

Edited by Batta

Hello Batta

As i see, you have the most problems with your mods. I believe Citadel is not supporting all mods, just agos modloader i think.

We have now 4 maps with different mods, the main-server have (i believe) near 25 mods and all are running perfect on all 4 servers.

If i can, i would help you, but there can be so much different cases like wrong folderstructure or mods simply not activated (*.properties) or wrong settings in the properties files or different mod with the same functionality enabled (like better digging and digging like mining) or or or...

Eject

It's not just mods. Citadel Servers don't respond to support tickets promptly, sometimes for very long periods of time.  I have been locked out of my Game Console for 12 hours now, and have received no response from them. I can log in to my Home page, and can click the links to get into all other pages associated with this account. Just can't get to my console to restart my game, so we have been offline all this time. I have had as long as 11 days wait time before they responded to a support ticket.

Hello Batta, we were with Citadel for quite some months, had a few problems with them, but recently it got quite ridiculous, 3-7 day response to tickets, constant lags and disconnects. 

in the end we had had enough, we switched to Ping Perfect, amazing customer server, very good servers, we are now super happy !

Valiance and Kaylie.

19 minutes ago, Wulfrock said:

Hello Batta, we were with Citadel for quite some months, had a few problems with them, but recently it got quite ridiculous, 3-7 day response to tickets, constant lags and disconnects. 

in the end we had had enough, we switched to Ping Perfect, amazing customer server, very good servers, we are now super happy !

Valiance and Kaylie.

Thank you!  Do you know whether they can just move a server, or would I need to start from scratch?

Batta i you can use the ftp to get your files you can move the server pretty easily. You just need the folder that contains your server information. The rest comes with wurm unlimited.

The prices for this companies services is quite outrageous, I would expect 12 hour response times at minimum.

Edit: By minimum I mean no longer wait than 12 hours.

Edited by Xyp

35 minutes ago, Xyp said:

Batta i you can use the ftp to get your files you can move the server pretty easily. You just need the folder that contains your server information. The rest comes with wurm unlimited.

The prices for this companies services is quite outrageous, I would expect 12 hour response times at minimum.

Edit: By minimum I mean no longer wait than 12 hours.

Unfortunately, I don't know what either "use the ftp" or "the folder that contains your server information" mean. I think I'm way over my head with this. PingPerfect also said I'd have to reset all my settings. Given that it took a whole month to get my mods working, and I had to get bigsteve in to sort out my mailboxes in the end...I don't know how I'd accomplish this. It seems that just uploading a mod zip folder into the mod folder, then choosing Extract, then editing the .properties files, isn't enough to get many of the mods working, and I have no idea why it works for some but not others.  The whole mailbox thing...I don't have a clue what the problem was, nor how bigsteve fixed it. I don't know how I'd repeat it.

Edited by Batta

All mods move as are, just give them your mod folder too...the only settings you have to "reset" yourself are the server configurations one, like characteristic start values, skill and timers x1 or whatever you use, just the ones you use in Citadel, just have both pages open and copy one from the other, it really is very simple....

All in all, this is total what you need to do.... use an ftp program like Filezilla, cope your server folder from citadel to your pc, copy the mods folder from citadel to your pc, zip both folders up and then upload them to ping perfect via filezilla again, then they do the rest, before you know it, your back online same as before, but with no hassle, customer support just a skype away.

Trust us, its super easy :) Ping Perfect are VERY good to be with.

Valiance and Kaylie.

We are proud to announce that we are now offering a new Game Server Hosting Location.

In Sydney, Australia!

C5lQTbEXEAAgDM7.jpg:large

Order your Sydney, Australia hosted Dedicated Game Server Today.

Sent ticket in 10hrs ago and still no response. I think they are going for a record here. 

Can anyone tell me how we're supposed to update our server to the latest version of Wurm Unlimited, when the server is hosted by Citadel? I stopped the server, clicked Steam Update, clicked Update Database (just in case), then Restart.  Now the server says it's running, but CPU and RAM are both at 0%, and the server isn't showing up on the lists. I sent a support ticket, but sometimes I've had to wait up to 10 days for a response, so I was hoping someone here might be able to help. 

5 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Sent ticket in 10hrs ago and still no response. I think they are going for a record here. 

10 days is the longest they've made me wait, so far, for a ticket marked "Urgent"

I haven't used Citadel for awhile now so something may have changed since then.

There used to be a server console. If you click on that it should show you if the server log is getting information added to it etc.

Nothing new happening in the Log Viewer. We are truly down, with nothing to do but wait and hope Citadel gets around to responding to our support ticket.

Batta pretty well the same issue, update and now it wont start. The server I have not any issues with, but the service, well can say very disappointed. We pay for this and yet there seems to be little respect for that.